Sign in to follow this  
CabbitGirl

sooo i want this car...

it won't happen for a while, i only have $200 put toward it so far, but... i kinda want a camaro... a yellow one. with racing stripes. :3 (and yes. i want to name it bumblebee and no, it's not a passing phase i'm having) i spawned this idea yesterday having thought about it on and off for a while now, and i figure i should start saving and looking now before my little car's transmission goes and dies for good. *sigh*

i was looking it up a bit. i don't want a really old one, like a first generation or a second generation, i always heard that camaros were death traps when i was a kid so i'm not sure about the older ones. although i could be wrong about them. I don't want a brand new one either. I just don't want a brand new one for the simple fact that it is wayyyy more than i want in a car. (blue tooth built into the car? come on.. really?)

i'm afraid lady might kill me for wanting one <_<;;;; (19-23 miles per gallon... brand new one gets 15 mpg eeek....)

ok. what i'm REALLY asking here is what are all the reasons i SHOULDN'T want a camaro? (that's usually how i decide if it's worth it ^^;; )

radicalcabbitbannercopy.jpg

how will it affect yer insurance?

that be the biggie under gas milage

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

I would love to have a Camaro SS series from the late 60's or early 70's ... whooaaaaaa ... WWHHOOOAAAAA!

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

well since it's a sports car it would higher the insurance a little. i want a yellow one so there would be no extra money tacked on (they add extra for owning a bright red vehicle)

i brought it up to my dad and he didn't seem to have a problem with it soooo i'm guessing it's not that much more, otherwise he would've mentioned it.

i've been looking at them (different models and such) i'm wondering if i can get a brand new one without all of that extra crap that i dont need? i do like the 77 though..

it is still a sports car and if it does get hit or hits something itll still go squish

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

Depending on your insurance company your insurance rates could jump quite a bit. Once you've found one that you're interested in, call your insurance company and ask them how much it would increase the policy to switch to that car. Make sure you tell them the year, mileage, engine, etc. I'm sure they'll ask for it all... that way you can get a heads up on how much it'll cost you. Some car insurance companies are real pricks. Also, if its a used car, call autozone, advance auto parts or nappa and find out how much certain things would cost (like brake pads, rotors, alternator, battery) to get an idea of possible repair costs. If you find a couple of different cars you're interested in, then you can compare the cost of insurance and the replacement parts to help you figure out if its all around the same price or if certain years of camaros are more costly to own.

btw, the price of gas is going up again. Its gone up over $0.50 a gallon in the past month and half. x_x *kicks my blazer* It only gets 17 mpg, but the 4x4 is desperately needed where we live. -_- *huggles 96 saturn* (32 mpg). :P

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

okie sledge i'll do that. i'm still going to try and find out some common problems or bugs with camaro's so i'll just do that at the same time as asking prices for replacement parts and such i suppose.

i've been looking around. a lot of the used ones i've found are all the way on the other side of the continent -_-; other than that, i really shouldn't be looking anyway because i only have $200 put toward it right now, so i wont have the money to actually purchase anything for a while. i just went and looked at one (1980, V8, automatic) that was outside a shop in town today that looked like it was in pretty good condition for $7500, which is a pretty good price, but again, don't have any intention in buying at the moment so i didn't ask anyone any questions about it. it had 63,000 miles on it but im gonna go ahead and guess somebody rolled that back...

i'm still looking at other cars too on and off. the dodge challenger looked cool ^_^; all these pretty cars lol.. they're distracting. the challenger gets 25mpg, but i dunno. i'm just looking. i guess i'm keeping myself interested so i feel motivated to keep putting that money aside every paycheck.

The only problem with the older vehicles are that you don't really know how bad they are under the hood, unless you have a pal of a mechanic to go with you. Also, the car's prolly bad on spare parts, you need to invest in anything that's easy to deal with in regard to both garage's and spare part accessibility + cheapness. Google "Problems with Camaro's" or something ... 'Carfax' it too!

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

apparently a common problem with the newer models in the starter (but thats on the 1999 ones.) theres no info yet on the 2010 ones since they just came out, but i looked at a bunch of the years leading up to it starting from the 80's. seems they tackled one common problem at a time, so now its just a starter failure sometimes.

(source)

a lot of the older models are harder to find parts now for too, making them more expensive. that site kinda gives you a gist of what things will cost to fix and if its a really common problem or a moderate problem. but like i said, theres no info on the 2010 model yet.

as far as im concerned i will not be racing. as for under the hood, my boyfriend and his friends are really into cars and such, so ill bring one of them along to look under the hood. my interests are leaning in 2 places now though (which i figured might happen....)

i kinda like the dodge challenger as well as the camaro. it gets 26mpg ^_^

and my plan now, considering im slowly saving up money is that by the time ive got enough money, someone will have already bought one of these cars, put a couple thousands miles on it, and is looking to get a new car and sell their used one since the next best thing will be coming out by then haha :)

i guess we'll see? i like all the input though :)

is it really that specific or is it just muscle car fever in general? :P

if yer gonna buy a car over 10 yrs old buy a southern car that hasn't seen snow and salt, a southern car that wont be all rusted out underneath unlike the shit we drive in Jersey and NY ^_^;

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

btw, were you thinking about saving enough money to buy a used car outright? Or were you thinking of making a car payment? If you need a car loan, wait until you're about to buy and secure the loan first. Dealership loans usually have insane interest rates.

Thats good. Payments can be a bitch. That and if you have payments on a used car your insurance usually goes up because you don't own the car outright. Also, depending on the make or age of the car, and if you have to make payments on it, your insurance will force you to carry a full insurance package on it with higher coverages compared to just having liability or a more custom insurance package.

Sign in to follow this