Sign in to follow this  
Ladywriter

S.C. governor ordered to take stimulus money

State's supreme court rules against vocal opponent of federal bailout

COLUMBIA, S.C. - South Carolina's Supreme Court ordered Gov. Mark Sanford on Thursday to request $700 million in federal stimulus money aimed primarily at struggling schools, ending months of wrangling with legislators who accused him of playing politics with people's lives.The nation's most vocal anti-bailout governor had refused to take the money designated for the state over the next two years, facing down protesters and legislators who passed a budget requiring him to. While other Republican governors had taken issue with requesting money from the $787 billion federal stimulus package, Sanford was the first to defend in court his desire to reject the money.

But he said Thursday he will not appeal the Supreme Court ruling and plans to sign paperwork to request the money Monday.

If this guy even gets elected dog catcher next go round I'll add the whole state of SC to my "nuk early and often" list :disgust: His people suffer and struggle while he plays look at me. Fuck him.

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

poor Az :(

here, sick him

You may contact Governor Mark Sanford by sending him a letter to the following address:

Mailing Address:

Governor Mark Sanford

Office of the Governor

P.O. Box 12267

Columbia, SC 29211

Fax: 803-734-5167

You may also contact the Governor's Office at 803-734-2100. Scheduling requests should be made in writing to the above address or fax number.

You can send the Governor an e-mail by clicking this link.

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Sign in to follow this