Sign in to follow this  
DeathscytheX

Left 4 Dead 2

ive never been able to play a res evil game for more then the intro ...................

seeing that trailer, even i can appreciate the stupid slow moving zombie

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

cool ive never heard of this game before. i'll might get the first one to see how it is. ive recently fell in love with those running zombies via movies like 28 weeks later and dawn of the deadd. so intense. should be fun killing them.

yougorelena_slippers.jpg.c0d3609d8437d663780655f59789e591.jpg

The first game to most people is really short. Its very fun though. The reason it seems short is because its split into 4 episodes. They were originally all connected but, they split them up after the play test groups input about the pilot/driver of the rescue vehicle always turning into a zombie and wrecking them somewhere else. It has a lot of replay value especially among friends. Plus the achievements are a blast, and with the addition of survival mode, it adds a whole new dimension to the first game. I recommend it, and I know Jilly Jills does too, cuzz that's all she plays besides Fallout 3.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

just beat the single mode and yea it was short but fun. hope the sequel is a bit longer and not so repetitive.

EDIT: whoops there were 3 more episodes i haven't touched lol ^_^; now i see what you mean by splitting them up.

Edited by slippers

LOL!!!!!! Man if it was THAT short, I'd be pissed that I spent that much money. Vs. is fun as well because you can be the Hunter, Smoker, Boomer, and sometimes the Tank. The only problem is the game servers take so long to fill up with 8 people, and everyone wants to start out as infected, and no one wants to be Zoey even though you gain no advantage from not being her over the other survivors.

I recommend it, and I know Jilly Jills does too, cuzz that's all she plays besides Fallout 3.

Haha, it's not the ONLY game I play, but it is the one competitive multiplayer game I play. :P And yes, it is an amazing game, especially its online Versus (where you get to play as the zombies half the time). But...

Personally, I'm not very excited about L4D2...I think it's way too early for a sequel, considering the first game came out last November. Valve claims they'll continue supporting and updating L4D, but with the amount they've updated it to this point (read: barely), that doesn't mean much. If you haven't played it and the trailer interests you at all, I'd say just wait for L4D2 to come out--don't spend $120 on what's going to end up being essentially the same game twice.

Tellah2.jpg

I shoot anything grey and dark figures that pop out of the screen and you don't know how many times I shot Louis that way.

That's why I'm a bit disappointed at the characters they choose. 3 blacks in the 2nd game because the 1st one had 3 whites? Lame.

Anyway I hope there are more weapons there than what they showed on those vids.

left_4_dead_2_survivors.jpg

two whites two blacks... one of them being Uncle Phil from Fresh Prince X'D It takes place in the day time mostly it seems so I dont see that problem. Personally I shot them all equally because they walked in my line of fire. Thats why its better to have at least 1 other person playing. The only good thing the CPU is for is spotting special infected.

The guy in the suit reminds me of Edward Norton. I will only be playing him. I must like skinny, well-dressed guys for zombie-killin': I only use Louis currently.

I think the CPU has actually gotten dumber since the patch. I've watched Francis and Bill stand in the middle of a horde, not firing a single shot. It's like they forget they have guns. Occasionally they'll kill a boomer from across the map, but for the most part they're a hindrance as they use all the health packs and then proceed to jump off bridges or into tanks' arms. -_-

Tellah2.jpg

How could you not want to be Uncle Phil?!?!

I don't understand why the CPU is so dumb, they use pistols, they wont heal you, but they will snatch up all the pills and health packs... they wont use pipe bombs though. wtf.

How could you not want to be Uncle Phil?!?!

I don't understand why the CPU is so dumb, they use pistols, they wont heal you, but they will snatch up all the pills and health packs... they wont use pipe bombs though. wtf.

Yours won't heal you? If I drop below 60 health, the CPU is all over me. "Hold still, I gotta heal you!" No, you don't, dammit!

Tellah2.jpg

Yours won't heal you? If I drop below 60 health, the CPU is all over me. "Hold still, I gotta heal you!" No, you don't, dammit!

Yeah they'll heal me then, what I really meant was they wont revive me. They'll switch from their gun to there pistol to their gun again, reload, and then they might... if a smoker doesn't grab them.

I know what you are talking about though, When i play with 3 humans, one can be at 10, and the CPU will try to heal the person at 80... Its pretty funny as they try to run away from the computer as the other person that really needs it tries to get near it.

I generally play as Zoey because she tends to be the most stupid computer from some reason. She always grabs the hunting rifle, and does the most stupid things. I noticed Bill runs backwards a lot.

All those people will buy it. In all honesty the game should follow everyone else and delay a few months. Its coming out 7 days after the biggest release of the year. Modern Warfare 2 is going to overshadow everything in November.

Yeah but going through with a frying pan should be an achievement of its own. Cause seriously fighting off a horde of zombies and special infected with a frying pan would make one an immediate bad ass mofo

hahaha i'll might do that as well. an axe seems badass

Zombie killing frying pan of doom!

It'll be nice running around in the day though hopefully it'll make it easier to spot special infected.

LOL

sigpic294_3.gif

Yeah but going through with a frying pan should be an achievement of its own. Cause seriously fighting off a horde of zombies and special infected with a frying pan would make one an immediate bad ass mofo.

bad ass mofo = dead.

I can imagine taking out a horde with one. But if you're wielding nothing but a frying pan you're going to be dinner for any special infected. I'd recommend telling your teammates what you're doing if you're planning on being completely useless against tanks, witches, smokers, and chargers.

ALSO, on the note of melee weapons.

Does anyone know if there's going to be friendly harm with them? I know that friendly fire was a huge thing in the original, and you have to be really careful with your aiming. I can only expect you'd have to be just as careful if not more when swinging an axe or chainsaw.

Edited by Camron

I'm sure it will be. Which will be difficult when you're wildly swinging at hordes, the Axe is instant kill, even on a TANK from what I saw on one video. So You can imagine that you'd take out a few teammates if you weren't careful.