Sign in to follow this  
DeathscytheX

Final Fantasy XIV

ff11 as an MMO was shit imo

the battle system was really slow, almost turn based, an mmo battling system should be like wow, fast and fluid

ive made up my mind any ways, if i am to play another MMO, it will be Star Wars

also an MMO on a console = fail. just doesn't have the control of a PC.

Overall i think Blizzard will have its hands full in 2010, with SW and FF becoming contenders as they have major fan bases, as it stands Conan and Warhammer didnt even dent WOW

also the fact that people have been known to play MMO's like 15hrs strait, i dought a console can take that strain over an extended period of time

i read a while back Blizz was recruiting developers for a next gen MMO project, but these things take like 5 years to make. so they wont unveil anything untill the competitions tight.

like they released info on WOW: lich king at the time of warhammer and conan being released just to keep fans from leaving

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

also the fact that people have been known to play MMO's like 15hrs strait, i dought a console can take that strain over an extended period of time

I've played my consoles 15hrs+ plenty of times and the only one thats ever died on me was my first 360. My ex gf plays FFXI all the time for long periods and her PS2 still runs fine to this day.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

ff11 as an MMO was shit imo

the battle system was really slow, almost turn based, an mmo battling system should be like wow, fast and fluid

Not if you're in a party. Yeah, some of the early battles are slow, but some of the later stuff leaves you gasping for breath. There's been nights it's been non-stop pulling and I'll look up at my clock three hours later and not realized how much time I've spent. And once you get into the higher level stuff, you gotta know what you're doing when, espically if you're working with your party members to time weapon skills and magic. Some of the graphics aren't as good as WoW, but WoW is a lot more 'stylized' than FFXI is, and if you have a good system, FFXI is just as fluid as WoW. I've seen it.

ive made up my mind any ways, if i am to play another MMO, it will be Star Wars

If I could afford it, I would SO do the KotOR MMO. >< I'm so pissed I won't be able to afford it!

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

I....don't know what that translates too in US dollars. ^_^; FFXI is $12 a month, WoW is $14. I can only afford one, and barely at that, so since I started in FFXI and I still enjoy it and have a great linkshell, I'm sticking with it.

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

After having played FFXI for three months I'd have to say WoW is shit. Why? It's the community. Which is why when XIV comes out I'll probably quit WoW for good (if I already haven't for Aion). I play for enjoyment and when the majority of that enjoyment is taken away because of a community of whiny little brats who think their shit don't stink (like WoW) it's not worth playing anymore. I only play WoW as a timesink right now. Plus FFXI moves at a nice pace, my only beef is to get anything done in that game you need to be on for 3+ hours.

I won't even touch the new Star Wars MMO. It's going to be full of fail and turn out exactly like Galaxies did. I can already forsee it. Nothing Bioware/EA will do will convince me otherwise (plus I refuse to support EA in anyway outside of buying an occassional game, I really hate that freaking company and refuse to pay them a monthly fee).

Consoles can take the strain Kite. Ever do a 72 hour marathon Halo LAN party? I have and my old XBox still worked as good as it did the day I got it. Hell my roommate used to play FFXI on his 360 for 16 hours a day back when I first moved in with him.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

since WoW the bar for MMO's has been nuked to an all new high

the problem is i foresee everyone going sith marauder.

i hope there isnt a long chain Q to become force sensitive, as lore wise all jedi and sith are recruited as children, not adults

sigpic1620_11.gif

I seem to lose interest in some games too easily. I play Guild Wars about every other month and GW2 is supposed to be much better as you can play as different races finally.. but if it ever started a monthly fee, I'd probably never play it.

btw, don't most online MMOs delete your account/character when you stop paying your monthly fees? Do certain ones retain your character for up to a year in case you decide to play again? I would hate putting all that time into a game that never ends, just to loose all your progress if you became interested in it again.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I seem to lose interest in some games too easily. I play Guild Wars about every other month and GW2 is supposed to be much better as you can play as different races finally.. but if it ever started a monthly fee, I'd probably never play it.

btw, don't most online MMOs delete your account/character when you stop paying your monthly fees? Do certain ones retain your character for up to a year in case you decide to play again? I would hate putting all that time into a game that never ends, just to loose all your progress if you became interested in it again.

im pretty sure it was only FF who did that, (not sure if they still do it though)

hell wow gives you 10 days free play if you are off for more then 90 days

sigpic1620_11.gif

Sadly I think im gonna give the Old Republic a shot, I'm not a fan of EA, but I am a fan of BioWare.

ditto that.

on topic: FFXIV is not going to have experience points.

sounds pretty cool to me! Hopefully they've learned a bit and will make this new game a little more friendly to new players.

The main thing I disliked about the last MMO was the fact that new characters had hardly any skills.. and the ones they did have had cooldowns of half an hour or more.. I played a monk up to about level 11, I had one ability that was supposed to make my next attack stonger.. anndd.. I never noticed a damage difference. I had another skill called Flurry or something of that nature.. and it was supposed to increase my attack speed.. and it did. for about 10 seconds. Then I would have to wait for an hour to use it again.

Also, the UI was horrendisgustating on the PC.

its only a matter of time... about 6 months after release before its made for xbox360.

mimiruzr2.jpg

I'm called a hypocrite for listening to rap, liking stem cell research, having long hair, and speaking my mind and I registered Republican.

Gamertag: FORDno50

problem with M$ is they will probably want you to have a gold account to play online and well thats the problem, your paying a subscription fee for the game so you shouldnt have to pay for the gold account

but M$ is a money whore on the XB

thats why BBC iPlayer isnt on the XB as M$ wanted it only for Gold acounts, but here in the UK, we pay for a TV licence every year. and that licence intitles us to BBC channels, inc iPlayer for free. so BBC said you cant expect people to have to pay for something twice.

That being applied to FF, would prob be why an MMORPG wont be on the XB, as M$ wont budge on their gold package for all internet based things

sigpic1620_11.gif

Well, Gold is mandatory for any multiplayer for Xbox, and thats always been a fact of life. Ive played a few games where i had to pay additional subscription fees, and there has always always been a boatload of people online. If SquareEnix wants to make more money they will make an Xbox360 version but not for awhile so they can hook all the Sony fanboys and make them feel special for awhile. I would pay for online on the 360, because lets be honest, its a reliable service when it comes to online gaming and I wouldnt mind the gold fee because I already pay it as it is.

mimiruzr2.jpg

I'm called a hypocrite for listening to rap, liking stem cell research, having long hair, and speaking my mind and I registered Republican.

Gamertag: FORDno50

They'll have XIV on the 360, XI was a major hit for the 360 and MS won't fail to capitalize on that type of revenue. It's just a matter of time before they work out a deal to get it. It's beneficial for both MS and Square to have XIV on the 360.

Paying $50 a year for a gold account is nothing and if you're willing to pay $12-15 a month to pay to play an online game it's just another expense added on top of it. They're not forcing you to pay for gold, you can have a silver account just good luck getting access to the best online multiplayer servers in console history. Those who want to play XIV on the 360 will pay for gold and the normal subscription fee because they're most likely those who played XI on the 360.

To be honest MMO's aren't for console anyways, they're one of the few games that need to stay solely on the PC market.

noting wrong with gold membership for games like CoD,

But requiring a gold service for an MMORPG is unnessary imo. the the cost may be little in the big scheme, it was just my opinion to why ff14 may not be on the 360

as thats what happened to BBC iPlayer and m$

sigpic1620_11.gif

True, get where you're coming from there. It's retarded to have to pay a subscription to play a game while paying another subscription to be able to play that game on the system it's on. It's basically why I told my roommate he was an idiot for playing XI on his 360 due to the amount of money it cost to do so.

To each their own I guess.

does anyone know if ff11 shares the same server with the PC games, or are they on different servers

i know FF isnt a PVP game, but generally a PC keyboard is essential for an mmorpg

sigpic1620_11.gif

FFXI shares servers for all three platforms it's on (PS2, 360, PC), that's the one thing I liked. It allowed my roommate and I to play together as he played on his 360 and I played on PC.

He generally had a USB keyboard hooked up when he played on his 360 (mostly for talking) but the cool thing is that everything could be used very easily on the controller. Mapping macro's and accessing menu's was rather easy (I played his character on his 360 for awhile and picked it up pretty easily).