Sign in to follow this  
Sledgstone

Print View Doctor Who's New Assistant is a Ginger

http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/15051.html

The BBC has revealed that little known Scottish actress Karen Gillan will be Doctor Who’s new companion when the show returns to BBC1 in the spring of 2010. She will join new Doctor Matt Smith, who will become the eleventh actor to portray the time-traveling science fiction hero (see “Matt Smith Is New Doctor Who”).

The flame-haired Gillan, who is just 21 years old, is currently appearing on the Kevin Bishop Show, which airs on Channel 4 in the U.K. Lead writer and executive producer of the series, Steven Moffat, described Gillan as “funny, clever, gorgeous and sexy,” and he added: “A generation of little girls will want to be her.”

She doesn't look all that 'gorgeous and sexy' to me. O_O

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Sledgstone
      Doctor Who has always been one of my favorite shows, but this last series with Peter Capaldi has hit a new low for me. I loved Matt Smith and David Tennant as their own respective doctors, but Peter Capaldi's doctor is so bland. He might be a better doctor if the show actually had decent writers though. In all of time and space to travel to, the doctor has spent about 90% of that season in the school where Clara works.. Surrounded by children, Peter Capaldi's age is even more pronounced and he is often seen as an old cranky man that only listens to his grand daughter's (Clara's) opinion. After talking with my parents, they seem to enjoy him as the doctor, and if anything, that was the goal of this last season.. to appeal to the older, original audience base of the show. But in the long term that won't work out good for the show seeing as the older audience base eventually lost interest and it lead to the inevitable cancellation of the show.
      Also.. Clara.. so much focus on Clara. They should have made the doctor a woman for this series considering how much they have focused on her over the actual doctor. I knew the show was going downhill when, in one scene on the moon, the doctor jumped into a cavern to investigate some giant bacteria.. and just when I thought the episode was going to get interesting, the camera doesn't follow the doctor, instead it goes right back to Clara again.. who is just walking somewhere. Who cares what the doctor is doing.. they should just rename the show "Clara Who?". I was hoping they'd kill off her character so the show could focus on the Doctor again.. but that doesn't seem likely any time soon. Maybe the show will get better, but unless they actually explore space and time again, I'm going to eventually lose all interest.
    • By Sledgstone
      I know what I'll be watching July 30th. This looks hilarious.
    • By Sledgstone
      I know what I'll be watching July 30th. This looks hilarious.
      Click here to view the article
    • By Sledgstone
      Syfy has finally released a trailer for Helix that actually shows clips from the first season. I'm looking forward to this series and I hope it doesn't disappoint me.
      The first episode of Helix premieres Friday, January 10 at 10|9c, on Syfy.
    • By Sledgstone
      Syfy has finally released a trailer for Helix that actually shows clips from the first season. I'm looking forward to this series and I hope it doesn't disappoint me.
      The first episode of Helix premieres Friday, January 10 at 10|9c, on Syfy.
      Click here to view the article