Sign in to follow this  
Sledgstone

Hacker Swipes 'One Piece'

http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/15050.html

Funimation Entertainment, which, with the cooperation of Toei Animation, was planning to simulcast a subtitled version episode #403 of the One Piece anime series at 9pm (CDT) on Saturday night, just one hour after its Japanese premiere, has announced that their servers were hacked, and that the hacker posted episode #403 online.

Funimation issued the following statement on Saturday, “As a result of this illegal act, all U.S. and Canadian fans will be deprived of access to this great anime series for the immediate future. We will make every effort to locate and prosecute the perpetrator(s) to the fullest extent of the law and will provide updates regarding this most serious matter.”

Funimation and Toei’s plan to make new episodes of One Piece available within an hour of when they air in Japan was the latest development in a growing movement to make anime available online legally even faster than fan-subbed versions can be produced, but it appears that the actions of one individual may have jeopardized the entire program. Stay tuned for further developments.

I saw this article on ANN the other day too. One Piece is always getting screwed over in the US. -_-

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

there's no reason for the company to delay it at all, just they are acting like children, trying to get sympathy.

Boo Hoo, get better security

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

there's no reason for the company to delay it at all, just they are acting like children, trying to get sympathy.

Boo Hoo, get better security

Yes, I think its pretty stupid for them to discontinue the service because of one mishap. They make it sound like they'll never stream one piece again because of one security issue.

there trying to send a message, it is really petty

it is like when I was young and played my brothers SNES with out permission, so he said I couldn't play it for a month

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

i have a feeling they leaked on purpose jsut so they can hurt the fansub community even more....cause honestly...you would have to be a pretty bored hacker to do that..."So you are saying the hacker ignored all your bank account numbers and whatnot and just stole an ep of anime....uh huh yeah *gavel sound* case closed...no pun intended"

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

i have a feeling they leaked on purpose jsut so they can hurt the fansub community even more....cause honestly...you would have to be a pretty bored hacker to do that..."So you are saying the hacker ignored all your bank account numbers and whatnot and just stole an ep of anime....uh huh yeah *gavel sound* case closed...no pun intended"

LMAO!!! So true, if I were the one who hacked it, I'd be rolling in a lot of dough! Instead of watching one, One Piece episode LOL!!!

Neji-Sig.gif[/url]

You make a good point. :nod:

Its like the USA is going out of its way to block and/or ruin OP

Why?

It doesn't have anything to do with the story revolving around the bringing down of the oppressive World Government ne?

Neo cons fear Oda! :meh: Monkey D Luffy will inspire us all to say no to the NWO :lol:

maybe....

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Sledgstone
      Anyone else see this? I watched it today because I noticed it on netflix. It came out a couple years ago but I never watched it until now. Half the movie was slow but it finished with a decent fight. Its not actually tied into either of the FMA series and its made more as a stand alone movie. The production quality makes it feel like this could have been presented as a 4 episode OVA rather than a movie. There were breaks of dialogue between every major scene which caused it to not flow as smoothly as what I'd expect from a movie. Its still decent to watch just to see the ending fight.. unfortunately there is no Roy Mustang fight scene.. just when you think you might see one, there he is walking away from his fried opponent. Damn.
    • By Sledgstone
      One Piece wallpaper. Tree in the sky.
    • By Sledgstone
      One Piece - Dragon Wallpaper
    • By Sledgstone
      One piece - Film Z
    • By Pchan
      So with the old sub-forum scrapped, we can probably discuss everything One Piece related - anime, manga - in here I suppose?

NOTE: Any noobs checking the topic must know this is going to be full of spoilerific goodness. 

The new episode was fantastic! First, Flamingo is on his way and then who was that mystery character towards the end of the last episode? With Law warning Luffy to move on, I think Flamingo will be there in no time. He may capture or rescue those 2 from his crew but he's pretty ruthless so he may just use them as sacrifices in the end or not care for them. Predictions, thoughts, whatcha think?