Sign in to follow this  
Kite

Yu Yu hakusho = DBZ + Bleach

started this series an am now on season 2 ( dark tournament)

it is like bleach in the fact the main char is working for the spirit world. and learns new abilities and stops demons

the spirit world is much how DBZ portrayed it, demons working as admin clerks, and super beings exist there that shouldn't be on earth

though demons AKA apparitions are on earth, they are generally unchallenged unless they are attacking humans (which they don't do as a whole) just the criminal ones

most fights are fist + spirit power (like ki)

the anime is old school, but if you like Db and Bleach i think you will like this, full of action, humour and all round fun

im downloading the final ep's now

:goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

I missed out on discussing the anime when the forum had a separate subsection for it like the current set up for Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, and Gundam. I think it's archived somewhere ...

Yep, the anime's all about battles that get bigger each time, power abilities growing stronger each time, it's explosive, big fights ... and it's also got a pretty good soundtrack too.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

i loving it so far

at semi finals of the dark tournament ^^

the fights are more intense then DBZ, with techniques that are unique per fighter

but the fights are rapped up in 1-2 episodes unlike 1-2 months of dbz ;p

sigpic1620_11.gif

I loved the arc after the Dark tournament, Chapter Black. I would love to see that tape and know why it makes us hate our own kind. I also loved the various territory powers that were running about. YYH > dbz in terms of getting to the point and character development.

Neji-Sig.gif[/url]

it was an awesome series

thats why I made a theme for it :P

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

i like how even though yasuske is really powerful, the new enemy doesn't have to be more powerful to fight like DBZ each villain is god mode compared to the other.

everyone has a unique ability of fighting style which makes it fun.

on a side note, the show got more brutal as it went on, from the 1st few episodes it looked like no blood or heavy violence, then wow, its rating jumped up

sigpic1620_11.gif