Sign in to follow this  

http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/14965.html

Chris Hemsworth is close to being cast as the lead in Marvel’s Thor feature, according to the Hollywood trades. Hemsworth has been on the big screen the last couple of weeks as Jim Kirk’s father in the new Star Trek feature.

http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/14975.html

Tom Hiddleston will play Loki in Marvel’s production of Thor, the studio announced Monday. Hiddleston has previously worked with Thor director Kenneth Branagh (see “Branagh on Thor Movie”) in the London production of Chekhov’s Ivanov; they also starred together in the BBC series Wallander.

Hiddleston was nominated twice for the Laurence Olivier Award for Best Newcomer in 2008, for his roles in Othello and Cymbeline; he won for Cymbeline. Hiddleston also played Winston Churchill’s son in HBO’s The Gathering Storm.

Click the links for pics of the actors. I'm waiting to see who will the play the female cast. They better fill out the costumes well. >_<

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Ah I forgot about the avengers movie... Man, DC is so behind.

I still dont think the Thor movie will be a success or even a Captain America movie. But an Avengers movie should be awesome, if they have a competent badguy.

Neji-Sig.gif[/url]

Ah I forgot about the avengers movie... Man, DC is so behind.

I still dont think the Thor movie will be a success or even a Captain America movie. But an Avengers movie should be awesome, if they have a competent badguy.

I wouldn't be surprised if the first avengers movie ends up being the avengers vs an out of control Hulk. :nod:

Hiddleston is a pretty good match for Loki hmm

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/16142.html

Anthony Hopkins has been cast to play Odin in Marvel’s production of Thor, according to the Hollywood trades. Several other cast members have previously been announced for the Kenneth Branagh film, including Jaimie Alexander and Colm Feore, Natalie Portman (Jane Foster), Tom Hiddleston (Loki), and Chris Hemsworth (Thor). Production is slated to begin in January.

Sweet. If they put him in a helmet, a huge coat and put an eye patch on him, I could see him pulling it off. :nod: