Sign in to follow this  
kuuleilani69

help me please

You have some good points. Thinking of Char achieving his goals in that way puts his motives more in perspective for me, thanks.

The thing about Zeta is that it's a direct sequel to the original Gundam, no other shows came inbetween Gundam wise. Watching the first one makes Zeta easier to understand, especially when they talk about previous battles and events that took place in the first Gundam (as well as to get to know a majority of the characters) but it is definitely not needed to actually enjoy Zeta. The key thing you need to remember (and something I constantly have to point out to others) is that Gundam is a story about war and it's effects on people. As we all know war is drawn out with battles that seem to mean nothing, events that seem to be repetative, etc. Mobile Suit Gundam and Zeta Gundam are the only two Gundam series that actually portray the truth about war and as such seem long and drawn out. Yea, it doesn't make for good entertainment for most (I enjoy true war stories, heck my favorite TV show of all time is Band of Brothers and it's got repetative points and downright boring stretches) but it portrays a truth, something most fans don't seem to understand especially when their first Gundam was Wing or G Gundam. Those series suck at actually portraying war (yea Wing did portray a war but Wing was more about politics and ideals, not war. G Gundam is just a joke and shouldn't even be considered but I have to add it in for this).

I like a good war story, but for me Zeta seemed to push it too much onto the viewer. In most cases, I'd rather watch how a battle or scenario plays itself out and based on the reaction of the characters you can see how it affects them and changes them throughout the series or movie, but like with Camille, its like they kept trying to show you every single emotional moment and thing he was thinking or saying. I really wish they didn't make Char a loli guy. He is such a serious and major character and the things he does throughout every series hes in have a profound ripple effect throughout the plot.. but because of his loli fascination it takes too much away from his character, and for me, it makes me not want to take the guy serious, which is a horrible character flaw.

I really liked the political and ideological conversations and plotlines that went with GW. I don't think that would have worked so much in Zeta. Just like a serious portrayal of war wouldn't go all too well with the bishies of GW. They achieved some with GW, but not nearly to the point that Zeta took it to. Getting the best of both worlds is a rarity. Its why I loved the Battlestar Galactica series so much. Best live action series ever made.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

That's a problem I'll concede to. Zeta threw a lot of information out in a short amount of time which overwhelms people, especially if you haven't seen the first Gundam when you watch it. Plus Zeta conflicted itself a lot by telling you one thing and then later on down the road that thing changed into something completely different (happened on a few occasions but none come to mind as of now).

The whole Char being a pedo started with Lalah from the first series as she was quite younger then him when they first met. That also started the whole rivalry between Char and Amuro (or at least heated it up) as they vied for her affection. After that they just ran with it and made it part of his personality which really sucked (but it was a good tool for using the women, I mean he made Haman what she was and made Quess into what she was just on making them fall for him). He'll always be my favorite character though because of his beliefs and how he stuck to them so fervently.

For me the political ideals in GW kinda turned me off when they introduced the idea of total pacifism (something that can never truthfully exist as its not in our nature to be at peace, humans love conflict). Thats when the story started to just go downhill for me and what took it out of the Gundam franchise for me. Still though GW was a great show but when you try to introduce a concept that goes against the very nature of what a Gundam/mecha show is it just kinda makes you take a different look at the whole scenario. Still though damn good show.

There were some points in Zeta where the political and idealogical conversations came to fruition but the major one was Char's speech in Dacar. Sadly it's the only real place where that really came out as there wasn't really much time for those discussions and plotlines when the majority of the show is fighting and teenage angst (still though the plotline with Camille and Four was great, lots of drama).

Meh, I couldn't get into Battlestar Galactica. For one I was a fan of the original and I just really didn't like where they took the new one.

Yea Haman was badass, I won't deny that but I just could never come to like her. Compared to Char and Amuro she was a weakling as a newtype (they were the most powerful when it came to their abilities, hell even Camille was becoming more powerful before he got mindf**cked by Scirroco) and she really only had that power because the Zabi girl was practically still an infant so the power was left in her hands. I just think that power went to her head a little, especially after her little afair with Char.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

Sign in to follow this