OVAs

Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny TV series

Compilation specials

2004-2005

2006-2007

Mobile Suit Gundam SEED C.E. 73: Stargazer ONAs 2006

Mobile Suit Gundam 00 TV series 2007-2009

Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn Unknown 2009

Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Movie Movie 2010 (tentative)

Mobile Suit Gundam SEED: The Movie Movie To be announced

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

Somebody came to the right place to ask a question X'D

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Damn, I'm slipping when someone else answers a Gundam question before me.

:corner: I'll just be in this corner.

Damn though, very informative Kite. Going back to the original persons question, if you mean story wise nothing comes before Gundam Wing. It is it's own story in itself, different universe and everything. Just wanted to point that out just in case thats what the question meant.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

Speaking of Gundam series, how many have been turned into H~goodness? Anime + Live Action.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Damn though, very informative Kite. Going back to the original persons question, if you mean story wise nothing comes before Gundam Wing. It is it's own story in itself, different universe and everything. Just wanted to point that out just in case thats what the question meant.

Awww....*patpat* You just came in late, that's all. ^_^

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

it is just a copy n paste from wikipedia ;p

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

Man there are times when I wish you lived near me Kuwa, just so I could smack you upside the head.

*smacks Kuwa upside the head* Now go sit in the corner and think about what you've done. Leading poor newbs astray, I thought you were trained better then that. Sigh

I haven't finished Gundam Wing as yet ... >_>'' *watches Strider get into his Gundam to prolly obliterate me*

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Awww, that's it? No fireworks? No epic battle? I'm disappointed. XD

X'D, my epic battles have been placed behind me I'm afraid :cape:

Hey now I never said I didn't like Gundam Wing, hell I dl'ed a dvd rip of it 2 months back (just have yet to sit down and watch it again). GW was a damn good anime but only that far (I know I think hell froze over, I think I should call my contact down there and find out). As an actual Gundam anime if failed in my opinion. Seriously it strayed to far from it's roots only to try and bring females into the fan base. It really started the Gundam franchises spiral into bad decisions and shows (I mean G Gundam, SEED, and SEED Destiny all spawned from it. Gah I shudder to think what will come next after the new UC inspired series thats coming out next year).

So you are safe for now GG. Just don't let me catch you spewing nonsense that GW is the best Gundam ever made, that calls for drastic measures if you do :glasses:

*is smacked* Gundam is one of my favorite Gundam series, can't help it. The story is what captivated me! But that was years ago, I need to rewatch the series again to see if it's still as good now as it used to be. G predates Wing Strider, but your right, G,SEED, DESTINY, all failed but I like to watch the battles in Destiny. Zeta Gundam is the ENDALL of Gundam, my first watch through I nearly cried! *curses Yazan to hell* Scirocco was the greatest new type to ever exist. When I first saw Zeta I never knew Gundam could be so dark, that's why I like UC. And it was the first series that introduced me to my love Haman Kahn!!! My only regret is that Double Zeta pailed and I mean PAILED in comparison.

Neji-Sig.gif[/url]

I disliked seed to the point I didn't finish watching it....

it ... was... annoying....

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

I honestly can't say GW was the best Gundam series becuase I've only seen one other, Gundam X (which i liked, but i liked GW better). I don't know how it does or doesn't fit a 'Gundam series' type. But I think it stands well on it's own, and it's not all girly fanservice and explosions like people tend to assume. It has a good underlying story to it that gets overlooked because of all the annoying fangirls. ><

acsig2016.jpg

I disliked seed to the point I didn't finish watching it....

it ... was... annoying....

LOL! Wow, I thought I was the only one, I didnt even get to episode 10 before I stopped. "Kira! Kira Yamato?!" "Athrun? Athrun Zala?!" I can only take that so much and the other characters among the Archangel were just so bitchy and whiny.

I honestly can't say GW was the best Gundam series becuase I've only seen one other, Gundam X (which i liked, but i liked GW better). I don't know how it does or doesn't fit a 'Gundam series' type. But I think it stands well on it's own, and it's not all girly fanservice and explosions like people tend to assume. It has a good underlying story to it that gets overlooked because of all the annoying fangirls. ><

The story was one of the best, even for Gundam. I still think they should make a new Gundam Wing with the characters a little older, and some new spunky pilots. The eradication of weapons and war happened to flawlessly at the end of EW...

Neji-Sig.gif[/url]

LOL! Wow, I thought I was the only one, I didnt even get to episode 10 before I stopped. "Kira! Kira Yamato?!" "Athrun? Athrun Zala?!" I can only take that so much and the other characters among the Archangel were just so bitchy and whiny.

For some reason, Rocky Horror popped into my mind. "Janet!" "Brad!" "Janet!" "Dr. Scott!" "Rocky!" "...!" XD

acsig2016.jpg

For some reason, Rocky Horror popped into my mind. "Janet!" "Brad!" "Janet!" "Dr. Scott!" "Rocky!" "...!" XD

*shudder* Good god that would be scary.

Heh, now you know where Tomino got his nickname "Kill-em all". Zeta is by far the best Gundam out there (imo of course, it's got one of the most depressing and drama filled stories of the series). God, how can you love Haman? Just when your gaining points in my book you dash them all and go negative again.

I watched Zeta, I'll never watch it again. For me, Gundam Wing was a superior anime. :P Gundam 00 is pretty damn good to, I still need to finish watching the second season tho. And after watching the original gundam series movie trilogy, (which was damn good, Amuro was awesome), Seed was like a failed attempt at a relaunch of the entire franchise.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

LOL!!! True story!

*shudder* Good god that would be scary.

Heh, now you know where Tomino got his nickname "Kill-em all". Zeta is by far the best Gundam out there (imo of course, it's got one of the most depressing and drama filled stories of the series). God, how can you love Haman? Just when your gaining points in my book you dash them all and go negative again.

Seriously, that was uncalled for, he killed the entire radish crew, and more than 50% of the Argama. Even Emma!

Aww, Strider... what was wrong with Haman? She came in all her badassness and took on Scirocco. The AEUG and the Titans both feared her might! I just love a woman in power:nosebleed:

I watched Zeta, I'll never watch it again. For me, Gundam Wing was a superior anime. :P Gundam 00 is pretty damn good to, I still need to finish watching the second season tho. And after watching the original gundam series movie trilogy, (which was damn good, Amuro was awesome), Seed was like a failed attempt at a relaunch of the entire franchise.

Aww... what was wrong with Zeta?

Neji-Sig.gif[/url]

Camille annoyed the hell out of me. I wish the series featured Amuro Ray as the main character, but when they finally showed Amuro, it sucked. Zeta definitely had its moments and some good battles and mecha in it, but the overall plot didn't appeal to me in comparison to other series. It would have probably left a better impression to me if I watched 0079 or other preceding series first, but I can't watch 3 or more other series just to properly enjoy an overall timeline of series. Also, after a while, all the constant sorties in Zeta just seemed like I was watching something on a repetitive loop. I honestly liked the plot of Gundam Wing better. The destruction of overpowering gundams appealed to me more than watching constant scirmishes that almost never resolved anything except for prolonging the series by making them detore from point a to point b, or forcing them to get repairs at this place or that place. Zeta felt long and played out. I'm glad I watched the original gundam series in movie form because I don't see how they could have stretched out those 3 movies into a 40+ episode series. If anything, I wish they'd re-edit and release all the gundam series into movie form. Everything in the timeline would probably flow so smoothly then.

btw, I'm not trying to start a debate or anything, I'm just stating a couple of my opinions. And yes, I know all the arguements against Wing, sure, Zech Marquies is a char clone, asteroid drops have been done before, etc. But every gundam series is just a rehash of the same plots and characters. "end all wars, with a war to end all war", "drop an asteroid on the planet", "destroy the colonies", "newtypes", "coordinators", "mask guy with plotline", "some random person jumps in mecha, becomes major character and almost instantly owns people, yet struggles with his decisions or doesn't want to kill people but is forced to". I liked the plot and characters of wing over zeta. eh, maybe I'm just the odd guy out. I still like Zeta a hell of a lot better than Evangelion tho. That show was shit compared to Zeta.

btw, I watched Char's counterattack because it takes place after Zeta, and he flipped to a whole other agenda, plot etc. Char isn't consistent. If anything, it makes sense to me that the gundam franchise broke away from a constant timeline of series. I'd rather see new characters with different ideologies and plotlines as opposed to completely changing a character's opinions or views just to make them fit into yet another chapter of an ongoing story. Considering how easily they dropped Amuro's role in Zeta gundam, they should have done the same with Char and just brought in more major characters instead of just throwing yet another mask on him and changing his name, goals, etc. again. I guess thats what they did for ZZ tho. Also, alot of the older gundam series seems to be full of loli lovers too, like Char. O_O I don't care for lolis, if there is a secondary love story going on, make it with an actual woman.

Can anyone recommend another gundam series that takes place in the UC timeline that I might like? :\

Also, theres a new series based on the UC timeline coming out? Any idea if Char or anyone else is in it again? If its not completely new characters I think I'll pass on it. -_-

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Heh, Camille annoyed everyone believe me (he grew on me toward the end when he quit whining but yeah he was annoying in the beginning. Then again Amuro was too). The real reason Amuro wasn't the main character this time around is because Tomino doesn't like using the same characters over and over again to tell a story, he wanted to switch the protagonist around and thus Camille came to be. Then again when Amuro is introduced he's under house arrest by the Federation due to his actions during the Zeon-Fed war and because of his abilities as a newtype.

The thing about Zeta is that it's a direct sequel to the original Gundam, no other shows came inbetween Gundam wise. Watching the first one makes Zeta easier to understand, especially when they talk about previous battles and events that took place in the first Gundam (as well as to get to know a majority of the characters) but it is definitely not needed to actually enjoy Zeta. The key thing you need to remember (and something I constantly have to point out to others) is that Gundam is a story about war and it's effects on people. As we all know war is drawn out with battles that seem to mean nothing, events that seem to be repetative, etc. Mobile Suit Gundam and Zeta Gundam are the only two Gundam series that actually portray the truth about war and as such seem long and drawn out. Yea, it doesn't make for good entertainment for most (I enjoy true war stories, heck my favorite TV show of all time is Band of Brothers and it's got repetative points and downright boring stretches) but it portrays a truth, something most fans don't seem to understand especially when their first Gundam was Wing or G Gundam. Those series suck at actually portraying war (yea Wing did portray a war but Wing was more about politics and ideals, not war. G Gundam is just a joke and shouldn't even be considered but I have to add it in for this).

Also remember Sledge Zeta was just re-released 3-4 years ago in movie format (3 movies, they do an alright of summing up the entirity of the series but they rewrite the ending and completely write Double Zeta out of the timeline).

Actually Gundam stories aren't stories about the one war to end all wars, yes the shows are throwback to WWI and WWII (Tomino lived during them so they greatly influenced his story ideas). Gundam, or UC Gundam anyways, focuses on space, humanity, and evolution. War just happens to be a pretense to tell the story and show the themes but sadly it does suffer from most of the other mecha niches that all mecah anime follow.

Char has always been consistent (no I'm not trying to start a debate either but most people seem to think Char changes his mind about what he wants but he doesn't). Char's main goal has always been about helping humanity evolve into the next state, newtypes. How he goes about realizing this goal changes between series (original Gundam he was using Zeon to reach these goals while exacting his revenge on the Zabi family, Zeta he was trying to stop the Titans from ruling with an iron fist while still trying to realize his goal of getting humanity into space, and Char's Counterattack was Char's last ploy to get humanity into space which just happened to be the drastic measure of dropping an asteroid on Earth to force humanity to space to evolve). Different was of going about it but his ideals stayed the same no matter what. Just wanted to point that out (which is why Zechs is technically the best Char clone to date, he actually held Char's idealologies and went about realizing them the same (though newtypes didn't exist and there was different reasons)). Char suffered from that loli infactuation a little to much, something I don't like about what they did about his character. Ruined it in my opinion but I'm not the one who created it. It's the only real flaw his character has.

Sadly Double Zeta failed as a show because through the first half Tomino tried to play the "lets be happy so lets put kids into the story and lighten it up a bit". This is generally why when you ask a UC Gundam fan about Double Zeta they tell you to watch the last half, the first half if a complete joke.

Like I said I'm not trying to start a debate but I just wanted to point out some stuff that most people generally overlook about the story and the characters.

Outside of 0080, 0083, 8th MS Team, and Double Zeta the only other two shows that fall into the UC timeline are the movie Gundam F91 (damn good movie, I suggest seeing this) and Victory Gundam (still have yet to watch it but I hear good things about it). The new UC series will either be released in the fall/winter season this year or next spring/summer. I'm not entirely sure as I haven't read anything new on it in a month. Char is dead Sledge so he won't be in it. The new series is about a Federation Special forces unit using the RX-78-7 Gundam (one of the last of the RX-78 series). It takes place in 0081, one year after the original war and is between this group and a small Zeon remnant force with the mission of reviving Zeon. It should prove to be very nice (which reminds me I need to start watching MS IGLOO, I've had that dled forever and just haven't sat down to watch it yet).

Haman just creeps me out. I love a woman in power too, no doubt about it, but Haman just doesn't do it for me. She's just that egotistical b**ch that doesn't know when to stop. To each their own I guess but seriously, why Haman? It's just so wrong.

Edited by Strider Hiryu
I suck at typing today apparantly

Victory Gundam was pretty good, I never finished the series, but from what I was watching it was good. And like Strider said there is no Zechs or Amuro, heck everyone from that time period should be long dead by the time Victory started. My only problem with Victory is the helicopter mobile suits.

Camille was bitch but throughout the show he grew on me, (unlike Fa!) I loved his relationship with Four. I never saw the Original Gundam, cause at the time I decided to watch it to see the back story to Zeta the animation was just not doing it for me at ALL. Why I love Zeta so much is because of how the characters change, as the war started to really take its toll on them.

Double Zeta was a joke... what they did to Yazan was unforgivable and I am glad the Zeta movies wrote double Zeta out of existance. Char and his pedo ways would have loved the double Zeta crew!

She was egotistical but she had a right to be, I mean she was a newtype like no other. Also when you're a 14 year old girl and a man like Char becomes your lover and then he just leaves you, it kinda makes you very unstable. I guess the only real reason I like is the fact that she had all that power, military wise as well as newtype wise.

Neji-Sig.gif[/url]

Sign in to follow this