Sign in to follow this  
gokuDX7

Firefox is crap now

Wtf happend to Firefox? Version v3.0 has sucked in comparison to v2.0 and now with the update they did a few weeks ago (v3.0.10) Firefox slowly consumes all my ram and becomes choppy as fuck. Today it used 1 gig of ram 5 fucken times on 3 diffrent computers. One of which had no plugins installed. there's also probalems with their crap bookmarks system not working anymore for some random reason. Everyone at my work compains about this update too. Searching google shows up even more people complaining lol.

I've been switching between chrome and firefox thse past two weeks becuse of this issue. I jump to firefox when I need to do web developing since I have plugins that help make the job easier. Then I jump back to chrome to browse the web since it's fast and uses less memory (or at least stays the same).

I havent gotten to check out the latest Firefox alpha for v3.1 but I can only hope they fix all this shit becuse if they didnt I'm jumping ship to Chrome once their new version comes out with extension support (which you can already download using the developer changer).

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^

i went back to firefox 2 at work, though 3 hasn't given me any trouble at home, even with the update.....

At work we have to test sites in all major browsers but of course FF3 is the most used :(. It's annoying when after an hour the computer stops responding for 40 seconds because firefox 3 has consumed all the ram >:( .

sig.php

Hmmm. I don't know what's causing your problem with FF3. I don't like the look of it as much as 2, which is why I went back at work, but I've done all the updates at home and I've not had any problems with it. o.@

But if I were you, I'd make sure and post it on their forums. Or check if anyone else is having the problem and chime in. One good thing about FF, they're much better about patching bugs than Microsoft is with IE.

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

Hmmm. I don't know what's causing your problem with FF3. I don't like the look of it as much as 2, which is why I went back at work, but I've done all the updates at home and I've not had any problems with it. o.@

But if I were you, I'd make sure and post it on their forums. Or check if anyone else is having the problem and chime in. One good thing about FF, they're much better about patching bugs than Microsoft is with IE.

I have reported it to mozilla along with other minor issues. They apparently already know about 3.0.10 sucking ass and say to just wait it out :(.

I refuse to use IE without running it in a VM or sandbox. So IE is a no go regardless of how good IE8 is. Chrome and Safari have been amazing for me. I was never a big fan of either but they're looking better with every passing day lol.

@Khellendross - is that the developer build that has extension support and javascript plugins? My friend says it rocks but it's still pretty unstable.

sig.php

I haven't had many problems with Firefox 3.0.10. It still loads faster for me than IE 8. But I have noticed that certain websites for some reason jack up cpu usage to 100% and bogs the crap out of my computer when using either IE8 or FF3. Go to myspace.com or fanfiction.net, sometimes marvel.com will suck up cpu even. It makes me wonder why the hell myspace causes 100% cpu usage. Its like something else is going on in the background...

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I haven't had many problems with Firefox 3.0.10. It still loads faster for me than IE 8. But I have noticed that certain websites for some reason jack up cpu usage to 100% and bogs the crap out of my computer when using either IE8 or FF3. Go to myspace.com or fanfiction.net, sometimes marvel.com will suck up cpu even. It makes me wonder why the hell myspace causes 100% cpu usage. Its like something else is going on in the background...

They use shitty javascript code that's why lol. They seriously need to optimize and recode most of the crap on myspace.

sig.php

I'm just about to upgrade to Firefox 3.5. Its supposed to fix a bunch of issues and drastically increase web page loading speeds. Anyone else try it yet? I'll use it for a couple days and post an update on my experience with it.

*edit*

WOW. I am highly impressed with its loading speed now. :tup:

I'm just about to upgrade to Firefox 3.5. Its supposed to fix a bunch of issues and drastically increase web page loading speeds. Anyone else try it yet? I'll use it for a couple days and post an update on my experience with it.

*edit*

WOW. I am highly impressed with its loading speed now. :tup:

ya I noticed memory use dropped dramatically. Not really noticing a huge decrease in page loading though. One negative thing I have noticed though is the amount of time it takes Firefox to load now. Before it would take anywhere from 4-5 seconds. Now it takes anywhere from 10-30 seconds. I'm guessing it might be related to an extension or two that I have running. Overall I'm pleased.

sig.php

I've noticed the longer loaded time myself and the page loading faster isn't always noticeable to me now, but it does take less memory and I've noticed the cpu doesn't spike its ass off nearly as much on certain websites like myspace/deviantart/etc.

Chrome is meant to be the fastest browser

I wont be using Chrome as my primary browser till they have extension support in the stable build and have a decent amount of useful extensions.

sig.php

I just upgraded to 3.5. The previous version started crashing for no reason, I couldnt even load up the myspace log in without it closing automatically. It just happened all of the sudden. odd. I have no problems currently.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

Damn, firefox takes forever to initially load now. -_-

same here. I ended up turning off all the auto check functions like auto check for new firefox version, auto check for extension updates....etc. And it seemed to decrease the initial load time a tad.

If you haven't already you might want to remove all the default RSS feeds that come with firefox if your not using them. It also adds extra time on load up since firefox goes out and grabs the latest RSS from each of those feeds.

sig.php

Looks like the slow start up is related to a bug. Here's another suggestion on how to speed Firefox up before they release the patch to fix this bug http://mozillalinks.org/wp/2009/07/workaround-for-firefox-3-5-slow-startups-on-windows/ .

Apparently Firefox does a scan in your temp Internet files on start up and depending on how many folders and subfolders you have, firefox can load really really really slow.

sig.php

Sign in to follow this