Sign in to follow this  
Ladywriter

40 million non believers in the USA

40 MILLION NONBELIEVERS IN AMERICA? THE SECRET IS ALMOST OUT

By Ronald Aronson, Religion Dispatches

Secularists have very quietly become one of America's

largest minorities -- how long before they use their power?

http://www.alternet.org/rights/139788/40_million_nonbelievers_in_america_the_secret_is_almost_out/

Editor Jon Meacham’s story highlights Newsweek’s latest poll results showing that 10% fewer Americans identify as Christian today than twenty years ago. But more importantly, and mentioned only in passing, is the growth among atheists and secularists of all stripes.

sure, 20 years has given people and science time to grow the fuck up X'D

According to the latest American Religious Identification Survey (ARIS) of more than 54,000 adults, between 2001 and 2008 the number willing to identify themselves as atheist and agnostic has gone from under 2 million to 3.6 million.

an 85% increase in smart people :goodjob:

According to ARIS, then, there could be as many as 40 million adult nonbelievers in the United States!

I'm willing to bet its more then that :P

Consider: If these numbers are correct, nonbelievers amount to more than the highest estimates of African Americans or gays. Secularists are one of America’s largest minorities.

we're getting there :sparkle:

“The U.S. population continues to show signs of becoming less religious, with one in five Americans failing to indicate a religious identity in 2008.”

And its about time I found some good news :P

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Consider: If these numbers are correct, nonbelievers amount to more than the highest estimates of African Americans or gays. Secularists are one of America’s largest minorities.

:nosebleed: Now if I could just find more nonbelievers in my area.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

I know the feeling. This town is tiny but it has 4 churches -_-;

I always try to convert ppl to logic n science :P

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Sign in to follow this