Sign in to follow this  
Ladywriter

Hair(I mean da shit on ya head)

:smoke2:

I dunno about you man, but me n this mop on my head have a constant love hate thing going on.

I like it long to keep me warm when its cold... Sept-May and then most nights too. In summer and warmth I have my binding rituals. Braids can last 4ever in my hair. Its the kind of hair I brush after a shower and then never really have to fuck with it again. :picknose: I look pretty normal when its cold but come warmer temps I can look like a pirate or amazon.... braids n clips...

ATM I've split the back underneath of my hair in two and went dos braids since... I think last Sunday. When I wash it it makes it ez to concentrate the conditioner on the ends. My sis (hairdresser) used her new thing tonight to straighten my hair that inst braided. I like straight but for me its work cuz of this stupid spiral curl through most of my hair. I'm really blonde in the front from bleach and dye early April.... being in the sun lightens shit more n I've been gardening...

It got cut not too long ago and the second layer is already to my waist again.

I got frustrated a while back and discovered an interisting little factoid about our hairs. Something like hair can be lumped in with body type. Each individual has a comfy body type and your hair is part of that and your body/hair is always trying to revert to and retain your body type. look at old ppl, they've settled on a haircut forever. Well fuck it I'm trying to get old and I say I'm done fighting with my hair. Be long, endure my angry chops and sucubus dyings. This crazy hair I grow has a tendancy to stay with me for a long time before I cut it off.

:cannibal: u?

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

I remember I use to get a buzz cut back in my preteen & early teen years. I did it because I hated my curly hair.

Some time during my mid teen years I wanted to grow my hair out long because I idolized wrestlers like Nash, HHH, Crush, Taker, etc. For a while I had this Haku like afro. But when it was finally long at this point in time I was still over weight & still couldn't grow facial hair. So to some I looked like a really ugly woman.

At some point I was able to finally grow facial hair.

Some time at 20 I started a new diet to lose weight. I didn't know until after that rapid weight loss could cause hair loss. Although I'm not entirely sure that it was just the weight loss. There was also the stress of still living with my mom & sister, and the lack of proper hair care.

Now a days I just have a bit of a widow's peak. I've considered in the past of possibly fixing it with follicare. Well whatever stays on my head I love it for what it is.

Still once in a while I'll either get a compliment or an insult on my hair. On those days when I'm insulted I just ponder what if I could get some one fired over a hair insult... To bad such thinking won't fly because I'm a white guy.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

mine is long and baby fine, but there's so much of it....it doesn't hold a style without huge amounts of time and product, so i just leave it long and keep it clean....go through a lot of shampoo, but at least i don't have to spend an hour on it in the morning....i do wish i could cut it off, but i wouldn't have the money to get it trimmed every other week since it grows so fast...><...

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

I tend to keep my hair short because, like Myk, my hair gets curly the longer it gets and I hate when it gets like that (and if it gets long enough I get this freaky afro thing going that just looks wrong (especially since I have red hair)). Generally its similar to a military style cut but with minor differences. I leave just enough to style if I need to (like hitting the bar or pending what I feel like before work) but 90% of the time I leave it as is (my hair grows fast so I generally have short hair for two weeks and then for the next I have to spend time geling and combing it so I looks somewhat presentable to work) since I wear a cap.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

I was gonna post something similar to this lady lol.

Some time during my mid teen years I wanted to grow my hair out long because I idolized wrestlers like Nash, HHH, Crush, Taker, etc.

Wrestlers were the same reason why I started to let my hair grow long..Jeff Hardy mostly.

Anyway my fav hairstyle last year was wearing my hair in a bun, you know, twirl it up and tie it. But it didn't help when hurricane Ike hit last September I think and it was too damn hot that I couldn't resist to cut my long hair off. This was the constant habit of mine..grow it long and cut it short, grow it long and cut it short for over a decade. Now I'm trying to grow it back again because I miss it so so much and my hair isn't growing fast as my younger days. It sucks. I'm gonna keep my hair long from now on after I grow it back. I want to have bangs this time with ponytail. I have rachel maddowish hairstyle right now I think lol.

yougorelena_slippers.jpg.c0d3609d8437d663780655f59789e591.jpg

i like to think mine has been bullied and beaten into submission. it does what i want more easily than it used to. i had reeeaaallllllyyyyy long curly thick hair back when i was little and screamed if more than 2 inches came off when i had to get ti trimmed. then i cut a bunch off.... then i shaved it... now i let it grow back a bit and have bleached and dyed and done a whole mess of things to it. but its still fuckin curly and wavy and big and poofy -_-; i'd survive well in the 80s.... >_>

i keep it just long enough to put back in a ponytail :)

radicalcabbitbannercopy.jpg

Mine doesn't like humidity, and I live on the eastcoast...I'm so screwed. god forbid I move to pensicole FL like I want to.

I spend a fortune on my hair and its all crap to keep it in line while dry and humid. its almost mid back length again but its so oddly colored from working at summer camp last year. Its brown for about 5 inches from the roots and goes into serious surfer blond streaks. Top it off it's curly.

everyday I wake to a better dream and every night I don't want to sleep for I don't want to leave that day dream

its been raining for days, I roll out of bed or take my hair out of a clip and I look like one of those commercials for garnier fructise!

edit: I'm starting to miss the sun...apparently I won't see it for another week....

Edited by Duo

everyday I wake to a better dream and every night I don't want to sleep for I don't want to leave that day dream

My hair is baby fine and nothing I do seems to thicken it up. Even when I was pregnant..my hair was a mess. So I dyed it black and purchased a fake pony tail. I would put my real hair in a bun and elastic my fake hair over it so it looked like one solid pony tail. It was so easy and I loved it.

P.S. YES!!!! I can finally post again!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Well, Toutousai...don't you think it's a pity for Tessaiga? All Inuyasha can do is wave about a sword with all his strength...it's the same whether it's a famous sword or a log."

-Sesshoumaru

P-kun, i'm going to rebuild my Sims 2 AC house, and you're going to end up living on the top floor with no roof. XD

As long as it's raining or snowing, I think I'll be ok:bingo:

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

X'D ... it was raining outside this morning, and I put my office clothes in my bag, got wet, went to work, and changed :P

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

hmmm... tolerant of shitty horrible and cold weather are ya?

Yep, you've been living in NY :P

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

It's more than tolerate, he actually likes it. I mean, I used to run and play in the rain as a kid, so I can understand it, but prefering rain and snow over sunshine? O.o

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

It's more than tolerate, he actually likes it. I mean, I used to run and play in the rain as a kid, so I can understand it, but preferring rain and snow over sunshine? O.o
I use to prefer rain & snow over sunshine back when I lived a couple of miles outside of a small village. Sunshine just meant a greater chance of bug bites.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

Hehe I know I know :glasses:... sunshine has no benefits apart from the Vitamin D that it provides before 10 am :sway:. Excessive warmth makes you sweat :sweat2:, people who travel in the subway or on their bicycles forget to deodorize :pukeout:, it gets muggy right before it's gonna rain and the humidity combo with the sun sucks, your clothes get dirty quicker ... benefits of the cold - it's like an air conditioner outside :bingo:, refreshing, cozy, you're attentive n sharp, you don't sweat, you feel like eating a lot more (big bonus for me :nah:) ... benefits of the rain - it's darn refreshing, improves the weather a lot, and it's awfully romantic :puppyeyes: ...