Sign in to follow this  
Ladywriter

Rushing to Expand Corn Ethanol Is Not Smart Bioenergy

The use of gasoline alternatives, such as ethanol, could play a key role in reducing pollution from fuels, but scientific findings show that biofuels can also increase pollution when done wrong. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is developing a comprehensive plan to move toward biofuels with reduced global warming emissions while protecting air quality and public health.

The ethanol industry, however, does not want science to interfere with their expansion plans. Producers want immediate permission to increase the amount of ethanol they can blend into regular gasoline before government tests are complete to determine if this could be a public health risk.

The EPA opened a public comment period on this issue through May 16. Please tell EPA Administrator Lisa Jackson to deny the producers' premature request and focus on a comprehensive plan that protects public health while ensuring biofuels contribute to fueling our clean energy future.

Sincerely,

Scott Nathanson

National Field Organizer

UCS Clean Vehicles Program

Take Action Now:

http://action.ucsusa.org/site/R?i=MPxPLgtSTN6QifcdGelajg..

Contact the EPA today

Dear Administrator Jackson,

I urge you to deny the petition allowing blends of 15 percent ethanol (E15) to be permitted for use in traditional gasoline engines.

The EPA has been coordinating with other agencies to obtain the data required by the Clean Air Act to determine the clean air risks of increased ethanol blending. But the testing will not be competed in time to review it for this request. In addition, the EPA has been studying the full lifecycle global warming pollution impact of biofuels as part of the Renewable Fuel Standard implementation process.

It would therefore be premature to approve a waiver for increased ethanol use before a thorough analysis of the public health and environmental impacts of ethanol are completed and brought to the public.

With the Obama administration committed to a regulatory system informed by science, I urge you to follow these principles and reject this request. I urge the EPA, instead, to focus on a comprehensive plan to protect public health and air quality, while reducing global warming pollution from biofuels.

no food as fuel

use hemp!

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

F*** Ethanol. It burns up 3x faster than gasoline. I'll never forget when I used gas that was 25% Ethanol... You'd have to fill up more times, causing higher demand, causing higher prices for food and gas.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

I'm very anti food as fuel

ethanol isn't particularly viable as too much goes into the production and we don't have the tech to make it as efficient as it has the potential to be.

personally I like the car that runs on air ;)

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

no air

there was a show on (maybe it was Green or science channel) about the car that runs on compressed air and how they're trying to find a way to put the compressor system on board so you never have to refuel anywhere the car just automatically does it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ov4t1P9bdGw]YouTube - Air Car! Runs on compressed air![/ame]

WILL CALIFORNIA SAY NO TO ETHANOL

By Matthew Cimitile, Daily Climate

Corn is no better -- and might be worse -- than petroleum when total greenhouse gas emissions are considered. http://www.alternet.org/environment/137578/will_california_say_no_to_ethanol/

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Sign in to follow this