Sign in to follow this  
DeathscytheX

Sony And Namco Bandai Team Up To Create... Gundam Video On Demand Channel?

http://kotaku.com/5174399/sony-and-namco-bandai-team-up-to-create-gundam-video-on-demand-channel

When Sony and Namco Bandai entered into the Cellius joint venture in early 2007, the companies didn't say they'd just be working on games. No, Cellius would produce "interactive and 'surprising' contents." They weren't lying.

Apparently, one of the first "contents" to come from the collective brain of Cellius is a video on demand-like service, one that currently specializes in delivering Gundam related content. It's tentatively and hilariously named the "Gundam Viewchives."

And it was on display earlier this week.

According to a report from IGN contributor Anoop Gantayat, the Gundam Viewchives lets hardcore Gundam anime fans download and view individual scenes, not entire episodes. Scenes, characters and events shown in those downloaded scenes can be cross-referenced and linked to, allowing for easy Gundam browsing.

It sounds like a Gundam Wikipedia on your PlayStation 3.

As Gantayat theorizes, the Viewchives service likely won't just be targeted at Gundam fans, as it appears the service can apply data points and encyclopedic knowledge to content beyond anime. What at first appears to be an ill-conceived curiosity could wind up being something interesting.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

Though a nice idea I don't exactly like it. I mean if it was watch any episode of Gundam on demand then hell yes, sign me the fuck up (I'd buy a PS3 in an instant) but just viewing scenes and stuff just isn't that great. When (and if) it's implemented we'll have to see how it takes off in Japan (though still big in Japan Gundam has been seeing a decline in the last decade (anime wise, model lines are still booming)).

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

if it was episode streaming thhen id understand, as strider said

but all the info can easily be gaoned from the net NP at all.

seems like a waste of time

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

so it's like Youtube but for Gundam and without the user content :/.....It would be better if they allowed users to upload AMV's using the clips they downloaded. A database of Gundam AMVs :P.

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^

Sign in to follow this