Sign in to follow this  
DeathscytheX

Resident Evil 5

I just finished it last night.

Pros:

-Its the most fun to play out of the entire series.

-cut down on the annoying interactive cutscenes.

-More generous with ammo and healing items than the entire series.

-Co-op (even in mercenaries)

-Nice array of weaponry all but 2 can be found without having to be purchased.

-Use of classic monsters and weapons.

-No more type writers.

-The boss fights are amazing

Cons:

-AI partner is bearable. Its better than most AI at fighting, healing you, and what not. But it has no common sense and you have to give it commands during crucial situations. This was meant to be a 2 player game.

-There is a severe lack of puzzles

-Its not really scary, I guess the lack of low ammo situations and limited save points take all the stress out of the game which caused most of the fear.

-The ending kinda sucked.

-The weapon upgrading is a lot more watered down from the previous installment.

-The treasures are watered down, just find and sell, no piecing together anything.

Overall, This game is bad ass. Its a lot of fun to play if you have someone else to play it with. Its the best game in the series as far as gameplay, 4 Still has the best story.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

Plus everytime you see "Checkpoint..." You know you're gonna die. LOL. The game has tons of replay value. Thats a plus. You can't get everything in 1-2 plays.

I know right! Especially since I am playing on Veteran! I am spending less time fighting and more time running. Those crazy tribal guys are freakin monsters! lol. Yeah I see myself playing it again once I am finish

Neji-Sig.gif[/url]

Its online Co-op for the story mode and mercenaries. They are coming out with a deathmatch mode, but I don't see much point in it. With the way the controls are, Its really about who can turn the fastest.... If someone comes up on your side. you're screwed every time.

Its online Co-op for the story mode and mercenaries. They are coming out with a deathmatch mode, but I don't see much point in it. With the way the controls are, Its really about who can turn the fastest.... If someone comes up on your side. you're screwed every time.

I see the biggest flaws in resident evil 4 carried over to RE5. You must stand still to shoot, no peripheral vision and no quick turn. You'd think they'd have some sort of analog or d-pad control for quick turns left and right. They had a quick 180 move to quickly attack behind you. guh.

btw, is there a strafe option in RE5 to pear around walls and shoot? That pissed me off more than anything in RE4. You basically had to always walk blinding around every corner just to get attacked on your blind sides.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I see the biggest flaws in resident evil 4 carried over to RE5. You must stand still to shoot, no peripheral vision and no quick turn. You'd think they'd have some sort of analog or d-pad control for quick turns left and right. They had a quick 180 move to quickly attack behind you. guh.

btw, is there a strafe option in RE5 to pear around walls and shoot? That pissed me off more than anything in RE4. You basically had to always walk blinding around every corner just to get attacked on your blind sides.

Yes there is a cover system where you can press a button and back up against a wall, Its useful later on when you need to shoot around corners. The only bad part is, If you get hit, you're automatically taken off the wall. and It takes 2-3 seconds to back off the wall on your own... this will get you in trouble when zombies come running around the corner.

The standard controls are set up like a modern shooter. Trigger buttons shoot, left stick strafes and right stick turns. You can turn the controls to RE4 style if someone wished too, and there is also a hybrid without strafe with trigger buttons firing. The 180 is still there. and you can turn pretty quick... until you start aiming, then you are as sluggish as ever, which really becomes a pain in the ass on this part you have to snipe from a moving platform.

The controls are much improved but as you can see there are still kinks in it. Moving while aiming was in the demo... I have no idea why they took it out in the final release.

I guess to make Cerberus, Lickers, and Reapers more of a pain in the ass than they already are.

-_-;

That sounds like a much better control system. You would think the turn speed while aiming would be just as fast as regular turning tho.

So if it is setup like a shooter, can you shoot at an enemy while circling them? Or is it still set like RE4 where you have to be standing still to shoot?

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

You could in the demo, but for some reason in the final release they took it out and you have to stand still when you aim and fire. So its just like every RE. The only difference is that for some enemies that don't have weapons in hand, you have a dodge button that pops up and you can avoid a blow while you're aiming.

I'm playing on professional right now and even with infinite rocket launcher its hard as hell.

Thats another cool thing about this game. At the end of each section, you are given a grade based on an average of scores that include Accuracy, Kills, Deaths, and the time it took to get through the section. You are given a grade of S, A, B, C... possibly D but I've never seen it. Each grade carries a certain number of points that can be spent on bonus features. Once you have beaten the game, any weapon you have maxed out in upgrades you can purchase infinite ammo for it. This is no simple task. You can maybe buy infinite ammo for 1-2 weapons per time you beat the game pending on what difficulty you played it on. The harder the difficulty the more points each grade is worth. An S ranking on normal is worth 1,500pts, while an S ranking on pro is worth 2,500pts. The cost inifinite ammo depends on how devastating the weapon is... A basic mini uzi will run you about 6,500pts while the Smith & Wesson 500 will cost you 20,000pts. Weapons are expensive to fully upgrade, I believe a magazine said it takes 900,000 gold to upgrade everything. I've played 26hrs worth of this game, beaten it twice, and played various chapters over and over, and I still have about 5 I need to max out, out of the 20+ guns there are. Some of these guns won't appear in the shop until you fully upgrade certain weapons. There are two character exclusive special weapons that automatically have infinite ammo that become unlocked when you max out two of the guns after you have beaten the game.

There are also 3 costumes for each character, and a 3-4 filters to change the look of the game. There are a ton of reasons to replay the game.