Sign in to follow this  
Sledgstone

Lunch Thieves

Lately someone at my work has been stealing other people's lunches. All the lunches were always stolen from the refrigerators in the break room. It first started happening about a year ago when we had an influx of temp employees, but over the past year it has really died down as far as I was aware. But recently its started back up... earlier this week someone's carrots were taken out of their tupperware. And then two days ago someone's soup was stolen, including the bowl! The girl sits a row away from me and when people started saying "Wow, someone must be eating something good, it smells really nice." The girl realized it was the same smell as her mom's homemade potato something soup. She went to the break room and the smell of it was still in the air. Someone took it, heated it up and yoinked it to their desk or something. They even stole her mom's bowl! O_O

Anyone else have lunch thieves at work?

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

We kept having that happen at my old work place. There are no cameras in the breakroom so it couldn't be prevented for the most part. They would tell us they we were not aloud to go to the break room unless is was on a break or lunch but that didn't stop them from stealing when nonone was around. They kept various items in there that could be explained easily. We had a few people doing setups of their lunch as in sitting bags of homemade/store bought sandwiches that had laxative poured on them.

Wow, that's messed up. The janitor would take away the Coke's in the fridge, and I asked him about it once, 5 mins later they were back in there! So, yeah it's happened before with cake, and other items that've been there for over 2 days, like someone's left over lunch. I had some pasta in there for 2 days, I wanted to finish it on day 3, voila - it's gone!

Offtopic - I need an influx of Coke for the next 3 weeks, suggesstions on where to pick em Coke cans up for cheap (7-8 cans a day is what I will consume most probably if shit is gonna pile on me), cos I know paying $1 for 1 can n paying tax over it is stupid ... I always end up doing that cos of time constraints.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

lol, speaking of thieves, our co-manager had her cids stolen from the breakroom. She made an anouncement over the pa stating that if they're returned then everything will be fine....shortly afterward she made anot anouncement she also want the money stolen out of a plastic lock box returned as well. The money was for an asociate's son's funeral.

Yeah, with only three of us in this office, we kinda know who to pinpoint since I use a bento box, the boss uses a red bag which he keeps in his car, and the other guy has a blue bag.

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

lol, speaking of thieves, our co-manager had her cids stolen from the breakroom. She made an anouncement over the pa stating that if they're returned then everything will be fine....shortly afterward she made anot anouncement she also want the money stolen out of a plastic lock box returned as well. The money was for an asociate's son's funeral.

Wow thats messed up. Someone at my work had the money envelope for her kid's candy drive stolen. It was dropped back off anonymously tho thankfully. Seems like the honor system isn't always the best way to go.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg