Sign in to follow this  
Sledgstone

How many billion dollars for that tank of gas?

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2008790918_webbigbill27.html

Juan Zamora is really glad for overdraft protection.

When he pulled in to fill up the tank on his '94 Camaro in Richland on Tuesday, he figured the $90 on his debit card was more than enough.

It turns out the Hanford worker who commutes weekly from his home in Spokane was wrong — by nine very big zeros.

Zamora said the pump at the By-Pass Deli and Conoco service station at Stevens Drive and the Highway 240 Richland bypass registered only $26 for the fuel.

But somehow the transaction was recorded on his debit card as totaling $81,400,836,908.

"That's a B, as in billions!" Zamora wrote in an e-mail to the Herald on Wednesday.

Zamora said he always fuels up at the same station on his weekly commutes but this time it was anything but routine.

After learning that afternoon by e-mail that his debit card was maxed out, Zamora was concerned that his bank account might be in jeopardy. So he called customer service for PayPal, which is where he established the debit account.

Only to discover they were taking his grand expenditure seriously.

"Somebody from a foreign country who spoke in broken English argued with me for 10 to 15 minutes," Zamora said. " 'Did you get the gas?' he asked. Like I had to prove that I didn't pump $81,400,836,908 in gas!"

Finally, Zamora was able to convince the representative that he wasn't running his own version of a national stimulus plan.

How the glitch happened is still a mystery, even after Zamora went back to the Conoco station. He said the shift manager didn't believe him — until he showed her the PayPal record for his gas purchase online.

"I guess the moral of this story is 'pay cash,' " he said.

To think the customer support guy gave him shit. X'D

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

sir i believe you must be mistaken we have a computer print out and it states you owe us 81billion $, we are happy to allow you to pay for this over the next 14 days, ;p

Edited by Kite

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

AHAHAHAHA wtf kind of godamn computer glitch is that...wow...did the gas pump's server get hit by a car or something?

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

I'm surprised it wasn't a Mobile gas station

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Sign in to follow this