Sign in to follow this  
Ladywriter

Hajime no Ippo New Challenger

The Tak vs Rock fight's intense ... too freggin epic ... BUT, I don't like the whole way Tak's speed is shown ... kinda looks ridiculous X'D.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

just finished season 2

i liked it, but not loved it, Ippo was pretty much a side character for the series

not that the series was bad, it just seems that the final episode was ment to be the 1st, and everything was a filler

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

Nope, not a single bit of filler. The manga is so huge, this season 2 was the Takamura world title arc. I've read a bit further in the manga than where season 2 left off and it picks back up with Ippo defending his title against another challenger, then there is some Miaka stuff, Aoko has a fight, etc. It was pretty good, but I couldn't keep reading the manga. I figure it would take me most afternoons for the next 3 years to catch up. 800+ chapters. x_x

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I kinda wanted Takamura to destroy the guy in like 3 punches like most of his fights,

His fights are usually comical due to how easy he obliterates the opponent, though this fight was good, it dragged on a fair while

I wanted more Ippo

sigpic1620_11.gif

the opening sceen from the series where Ippo uses a Liver Punch, Gazelle Punch and Dempshey roll to win the fight is it from the movie champions road?

never seen that film,

I really hope they whack out season 3. it is super rare that a manga can produce a quality show if this calibre after so many episodes without selling out so huge filler crap

sigpic1620_11.gif

You haven't seen Champions Road? Then you're missing a huge Ippo chunk. That movie was good and takes place right after the first season and before Season 2. Same with that ova that was never released on dvd, "Kimura_vs._Mashiba" That ova was epic.

Btw, there has never been any filler in any episode of Ippo so far and seeing as the manga is 800+ chapters, they could probably make at least another 10 seasons with no filler. O_O

The Kimura vs. Mashiba fight focused alot on Kimura and Mashiba obviously, but there was alot of emotion and training involved. It really made you feel for the characters so much. This ova made Kimura a much more solid character for me.

And champion road was a good title match for Ippo. You should watch it if only for the fact that that fight gets referenced to in either season 2 or the upcoming season 3. It really focuses alot on Ippo and if you've been wanting to see more Ippo, watch this one.

Ippo's next fight is REALLY a hard one for him ... he's up against a guy who's, if not his same height, but maybe shorter, and his fighting technique is incredible. A good challenge. Sledge pretty much summed everything else ... this wasn't meant to be an Ippo arc, which is also what's so great about this series - it doesn't only revolve around the supposed main character because everyone is a main character at the end of the day.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

I'm soooo looking forward to the old farts back story it was cuuuute :puppyeyes:

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Its the story of the coach and his old pal dani at the end of WW2 when they were still boxing....

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

it's too long and don't really care about takamura and others. probably end up like inuyasha forcing us to look at manga for ending.

i think first season and championship road patched up everything nice. happy ending. since miyata was not even a same league with ippo anymore soa rematch with him will be boring. hated that rematch with sendo too. ippo's fights were getting repetitive anyway = gets beaten half to death, regains confidence, then wins.

yougorelena_slippers.jpg.c0d3609d8437d663780655f59789e591.jpg

Hawk vs Hawk waz da shit X'D

The statues n the Aoki shit after that had me lol.

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers