Sign in to follow this  
Pchan

Purchasing a tv over the weekend

:bingo: So, finally ... it's been kinda long over-due ... wanted to pick up a tv set that'll last me a good 5 years at least, or doesn't get completely outdated anytime soon.

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921665376315

HELP - I need to know if this tv will have the provision for me to connect my laptop to it, so I can watch anime on it :teethglint:, or browse the internet :glasses:, etc. watch hentai in HD :nosebleed:, etc. etc.

I'm going over to Best Buy tomorrow most probably :sparkle:. Thanks in advance!

Also, what're the cables that I'd need to connect the laptop to the tv called? Eppy, we connected the laptop to the tv in the hotel room at Otakon, will it work on this Sony?

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

since its an HDTV and not and old CRT all you need is a VGA cable

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

Thanks senpai, and Strider~kun ^_^

Does brand matter at all? I realize how marginally expensive the Sony is versus others. Your thoughts?

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Thanks senpai, and Strider~kun ^_^

Does brand matter at all? I realize how marginally expensive the Sony is versus others. Your thoughts?

No matter what you get make sure you get a warranty and some kind of insurance just in case it brakes or doesn't work right.

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^

i believe Phillips and....Samsung maybe....are the 2 top rated HDTV brands right now...sony is jsut overpriced

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

I have a Sanyo but as goku pointed out get a warranty on it just in case anything happens. A lot of people I know seem to favor the Vizio brand, I wanted one as my roommate has one and it's got an awesome picture but my Sanyo puts out a damn nice picture itself so I have no complaints but yea I know Phillips is up there as one of the top recommended brands.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

Nope, didn't. I landed up feeling guilty of spending all that cash on myself ... I was hoping for my tax refund to cover the expense. Instead, I got my tax refund, and sent it back home to clear off a debt or two, and for part paying for my uncle's bypass/ open heart surgery.

I'm hoping to see a flat screen dumped on the street, on trash day X'D.

EDIT: Zomg - nice deal off TigerDirect gives you 200$s off on a 40 inch bringing the price down to $800.00, and 500$s off on a 46 inch bringing the price down to $1000.00 - both Sony 1080dp HDs.

Edited by Godgrave