Sign in to follow this  
Pchan

Ga Rei Zero

I liked this short anime spanning 12 episodes ... below is the plot summary as per ANN

Plot Summary: The Japanese Ministry of Defense has an anti-paranormal special forces group called the Supernatural Disaster Prevention Agency. They're the ones responsible to protect Japanese soil and its people from supernatural and paranormal events. However, things didn't go so well in one of their missions, which leads to intervention by the Ministry of Enviroment's Supernatural Disaster Countermeasures Division after the SDPA has sustained large numbers of casualties battling demons.

In terms of animation, theme, opening + ending tracks, v/a's it's top notch. The first two episodes take you by surprise in that WTF manner, and it then goes back in time so you know the premise of what's going on (like say Berserk or Gungrave). Being just 12 episodes long, I began watching it late in the afternoon yesterday, and finished it last night itself. Nice fun, depressing/ touching towards the end, especially episode 9 I think.

ga-rei-zero.jpg

I have to read the manga though ... Eppy said it was different.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.