Sign in to follow this  
Sledgstone

Stephen King Sells "Dark Tower" Film Rights for $19

Best-selling horror author Stephen King has just sold the film rights to his epic seven book "The Dark Tower" series for a measly $19. The lucky purchaser of the film's rights is none other than J.J. Abrams, the creator of hit TV series "Lost" and "Alias".

King reportedly has a special attachment to "The Dark Towers" series, and was more concerned about finding the right filmmaker for the series than he was about getting lots of dough for the rights. After having turned down several filmmakers, including Frank Darabont, a longtime collaborator of King's, King sold the rights to Abrams.

King told MTV News, "This is not a thing I would have (given) to just anybody. I've said no to everybody until recently, but based on his work, particularly Lost, which I think a lot of, I thought, 'Yeah, these guys can do it.'"

I swear there was a topic about this a while ago where me and godgrave were talking about this, but I can't find it for the life of me. :huh:

Supposedly there was talk about making 7 movies, one for each book, but I haven't heard anything new about this for a while.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Ohhhh yeaaaaah, we were weren't we ... I can't find it either!

This's good news, they're finally serious about it ... it'll be EPIC.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

...Abrams, the creator of hit TV series "Lost"...

and thus I've lost hope the movies will be good

crappy tv series :disgust: I totally disagree with Steve-o sensei on this.

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

But, he's just gonna direct it ... the storyline will stick, and the adaptation too I GUESS. I'll go watch it, plus the other factor here is with Abrams on board, this won't be a shoddy low budget production either!

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

I have 0 faith in his "talents" He's a bigger hack then I ever thought of being -_-;

Lost is a horrible show, its a train wreck. Now this nightmare engineer on crack has the helm for 7 dark tower movies?! Guh. All I can say is I hope he hires some real talent and delegates all the work to them.

:bleedout:

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers