Sign in to follow this  
Sledgstone

Blogs now available for all members

All members (5 posts required) now have the ability to create and customize a blog as well as customize their profiles. We set a minimum 5 post count rule to stop spammers from posting links all over the place. 5 posts are also required to enable the private messaging system, once again because of spammers. If you are not a member yet, Register today!

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

:picknose:So I wasn't able to blog before?...

:huh:I ask because although I knew there were blogs here I never thought I couldn't blog.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

Well, unless you were in the AC Family user group, you wouldn't have been able to make a blog. Did you ever join that group? O_O;
:picknose:I have yet to join any user group.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

Does it now tell you when you have comments on your blog? The only reason I knew about the ones you left Sledge is that I went back and added them to the global recipe catagory.

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

No. Some vBulletin developer thought they should make the blog to work like other blogs and its current notification system is set to send emails as notifications as opposed to using the existing notification feature at the top right of the screen, like when you get new pms. So some idiot out there thought it would be best to not fully integrate their blog product into the forum software that is required to even run it. -_-

People on vb's forums have been bitching for a while now. Hopefully that feature will be available in the next upgrade. :|

well that sucks....i don't have email updates enabled for me because i get enough junk mail i have to sift through...the only emails i want from any message boards is if something really important is happening....><...

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

:picknose:I have yet to join any user group.

then you haven't had access to the photo album or fansubs all this time?? :huh:

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

well that sucks....i don't have email updates enabled for me because i get enough junk mail i have to sift through...the only emails i want from any message boards is if something really important is happening....><...

Exactly! Having it set as email notifications only is extremely stupid because nobody wants to get unnecessary email anymore. I just complained on the vb forums again. :hahaha:

I just make sure to click on the blogs link every time I login and check the overall newest comments section to see if there are new comments.

then you haven't had access to the photo album or fan subs all this time?? :huh:
:picknose:I've been able to comment on photos... Never seen anything about fan subs.

yer looking at photo albums but not the forum for pics n such AC Family usergroup will give you access to sum stuff you don't see.

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Sledgstone
      Welcome to my new Recipe Blog. I will use this blog to post all my new recipes. All of my old recipes can be found in my original blog by following this link:
      http://www.ancientclan.com/search/?tags=Recipe
      Instead of posting any more recipes in my original blog, I have created this one so I can create more specific categories for the recipes themselves. Pork, Chicken, Beef, Italian, Mexican, BBQ, Grilled, etc. As well as using tags, I will have many specific categories just for my blog and some recipes will fall into multiple categories. Tags are useful as well, and will allow us to view everyone's recipes across all blogs on this site.
      I recommend that anyone that wishes to make their own recipe blog to please type the tag "Recipe" without the quotes, in the tag field of blog entries so they can show up in the combined blog Recipe tag link.
      (Edited to fix link to recipes)
    • By Sledgstone
      A single setting on my test vbulletin 4 (which uses a copy of this forum's databse) screwed up all my blog attachment images. And they've probably been screwed up for about a week. I just found out and it really annoys the hell out of me because if I remember correctly, the damn setting on vb4 wouldn't let me change the directory, it only said "Click here to import your blog attachments into the new attachments structure." So I clicked it thinking nothing of it. The images loaded, except here it is a week later I finally realize that it moved the images from the directory on the live forum instead of from the directory from the test forum. Damn! POS! At least I still have copies of everything and I should be able to fix everything by putting the copies back into the right folder. I hate it when a program makes me waste time.
    • By Sledgstone
      Ancient Clan now has Snack Reviews! Only a few at this point, but we will be adding more. If you are a regular member please feel free to create a blog and post your own snack reviews. Use your blog for anything you want to post about, but for snack reviews make sure to use the "Snacks" tag in your post to make sure it shows up in our tag link.

http://www.ancientclan.com/tags/blog/Snacks/
    • By Sledgstone
      Ancient Clan now has Snack Reviews! Only a few at this point, but we will be adding more. If you are a regular member please feel free to create a blog and post your own snack reviews. Use your blog for anything you want to post about, but for snack reviews make sure to use the "Snacks" tag in your post to make sure it shows up in our tag link.

http://www.ancientcl...gs/blog/Snacks/
      Click here to view the article
    • By Sledgstone
      Our blogs are finally converted and back online! For the few of you that had existing blogs, you will need to go to you blog, click on "Options", then "Manage Settings" and check all your settings, privacy, etc. You will also need to click on "Add Blocks" and choose whatever blocks you would like to have displayed in the right column. If you had categories you will need to create new categories and then edit each individual blog entry to move them into the correct category. Also, if you had any inline images, you will notice that the old vb attach tag does not work and you will have to edit your blog entry to properly put your images back into place. If not then the images are still there, just grouped together at the bottom of the entry. I think the only person affected by the image issue is just me. Check out the blogs and if you want to make one, help yourself, blogs are available to all members.