Sign in to follow this  
Sledgstone

The Thing - remake

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117999216.html?categoryid=13&ref=ra&cs=1

Universal will add a new chapter to "The Thing," lining up another take on the paranoid horror classic most recently brought to the screen by John Carpenter in 1982.

Studio has set "Battlestar Galactica" exec producer Ron Moore to write the script and commercials director Matthijs Van Heijningen to direct the re-imagining.

New project borrows heavily from the John W. Campbell Jr. short story "Who Goes There," the basis of the Carpenter film and 1951 Howard Hawks original "The Thing From Another World."

It is set in a Norwegian camp and chronicles how the shape-shifting alien was first discovered and overcame the inhabitants of that camp. Strike Entertainment's Eric Newman and Marc Abraham are producing. David Foster will be exec producer.

Van Heijningen has shot blurbs for brands including Toyota, Pepsi, Heineken, Bud Light and Visa. He is also developing "Army of the Dead" at Warner Bros. with producer Zack Snyder, who also crossed from commercials to features by directing the Strike-produced "Dawn of the Dead" remake.

We have "The Thing" on dvd. I love the movie. They better not f*ck this up. >_<

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

one of my all time fav flicks evah! Ron's doing it so I have hope but the original was some scary shit.

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

I watched Poseidon's adventure with Gene Hackman last night and I wondered why did they ever make another one with Kurt Russell in it when there was nothing wrong with the original one to begin with.

They think oh now that we have new special effects and popular eyecandy stars we can ignore all the good dialogues and casts that made the movie so great yaddih yaddah. They fail almost everytime.

yougorelena_slippers.jpg.c0d3609d8437d663780655f59789e591.jpg

Ron Moore is a good writer (he co-writes BSG) I'm fairly confident he'll come up with a good script.

John Carpenter and the cast made the original so damn good.

there are a lot of things that can go wrong with the remake but if they revere the original I think it might turn out okay

*keepin my fingers crossed while following Ron*

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Its not a remake, its a prequel! Pretty interesting, it's gonna show what happened before the American team found it. It should end with that guy chasing the infected wolf to the camp.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=52400

Variety has confirmed a Bloody-Disgusting scoop that said commercials director Matthijs van Heijningen will direct a prequel to John Carpenter's 1982 horror-thriller The Thing.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

No kidding! Sweet. At first I thought it was a sequel they were working on, but the parts I was reading sounded like a complete remake. A prequel is even better! They never did explain where the thing initially came from in the movie. It just showed up in dog form being chased by russians in a helicopter. This movie has some serious potential for me now. :tup:

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg