Sign in to follow this  
Ladywriter

happy inauguration

ahhhhhhhhhhhh

today we can finally say see ya to the worst pres in history and welcome the new guy carrying the hopes of 300 million + on his shoulders.

picture.php?albumid=6&pictureid=369

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Friends,

This happy, happy day!

We have made it through the Dark Ages and here we are, in one of the most redemptive moments history has ever witnessed. Barack Obama is our best hope to get it right, to heal our national soul, to reach out to the rest of the world with an olive branch instead of shocking brutality.

I want to take this opportunity to thank each and every one of you who has worked to make this day happen. For many, the madness goes back, not eight years but twenty-eight years, to the tragic day Reagan was sworn in to dismantle our precious "government of the people" and our beloved way of life.

To all of you who have spoken up and spoken out, who have written letters and marched for peace, for all of you who never gave up, you are the true heroes today. Many of you have suffered great economic losses. Some of you have endured a loved one being shipped overseas to senseless and shameful wars, and thousands of you have seen those loved ones returned home, no longer alive. It has been a heartbreaking time.

But the sun comes out at noon today. The disgraced outgoing president will slide out the side door and head to Crawford to sell the Hollywood set known as the Bush "ranch" before he settles down in an exclusive neighborhood in Dallas. I would encourage Mr. Bush to issue one final pardon before noon today -- his own. He had better issue a blanket pardon for all crimes that may have been committed since 2001 by himself, Cheney, Rumsfeld and the whole gang. Serious laws were broken, a war was concocted on a lie, and now, please, justice must be carried out.

So let us move forward and fix the horrible mess we are in. We are fortunate to have a new president who is smart and kind and committed to serving his country. Take a moment today and think about what you can do to join him in helping him do his job. We're all in this together. Our country has been so profoundly wrecked by an administration who decided to mug our constitution and then steal what they can for their Wall Street cronies on the way out the door.

Here is my plea: Let's not leave Barack Obama alone to clean up the mess. As he takes his oath today, please take one yourself -- to work harder than ever to end these wars, create universal health care, save our planet, end poverty, increase knowledge and establish a true government "of, by and for the people" (instead of "of, by and for the lobbyists, the bankers, and the war profiteers").

On a personal note, it's no secret that I have had to suffer an avalanche of hate and attack as I stuck my neck out to simply do my job. Some day I will tell you what the true cost of this has been for me, but not today. Today is a time for celebration and optimism and hope. I'm glad we all lived to see this incredible moment. And I thank each of you for your support of my work and your dedication to our democracy.

12:01pm can't come soon enough! Happy Inauguration Day!

Yours,

Michael Moore

MMFlint@aol.com

MichaelMoore. com

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

The school was planning to let us watch the inauguration all through third block and lunch but the canceled school for a 60% chance of snow and like I told everyone yesturday "it isn't going to snow" so I guess I'll watch it at home if I don't get distracted

Eh, I'll get happy when Obama starts actually remedying our problems. Until then this is just like every other year and every other inauguration, just that we're getting rid of an idiot and hopefully replacing him with someone better (still yet to be proven).

That's the best thing I've heard will all this ridiculous hoopla.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

The school was planning to let us watch the inauguration all through third block and lunch but the canceled school for a 60% chance of snow and like I told everyone yesturday "it isn't going to snow" so I guess I'll watch it at home if I don't get distracted
:picknose:I never knew snow could be racist...

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

an evil turnip could do a better job then W did ... hell it couldn't do much worse

The bestest part of today was for a change it wasn't some smarmy rich old white dude replacing another smarmy rich old white dude. :hahaha:

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

:picknose:I never knew snow could be racist...

Well it is white.......nvm

Anyways the reason Clinton didn't get in because they wanted to break the chan of Bush, Clinton, Bush, Clinton. Because 2 families can't switch power back and forth without it looking like a monarchy of some kind.

....that's what my history teacher said but idr how she worded it but i tried my best and kinda see her point

But anyways tomorrow I have school and I'm sure the black people will be actin buck wild up in the hallways the way they did when Obama won. But I got Billy (my violin with his hard case) to protect me if I feel intimidated *doesn't do well in crowds*

if I was there I woulda chucked shoes at W :flip:

Its still settling in for me

the bastard is gone, back in tx and not destroying the foundations of my country anymore.

Obama put the brakes on any bullshit W was pulling b4 he got the boot (mwahahaha footwear metaphors) and from the way he spoke yesterday its looking like bullshit like hr 6166 (military comissions) hr 1995 (homegrown terrorisim) hopefully much much more (Patriot act) will be repealed.

W looked at the US citizens that stood against his wars as radicallized homegrown terrorists. We're not. We're patriots who care about preserving human rights civil rights and the reputation of our country. I do believe Presedent Obama (omg I love saying that!) understands this as all us homegrown terrorists voted for him :P He saw the way W's administration wiped its ass with our constitution bill of rights geneva convention and I dont think he's gonna play that shit.

If he really wants to emulate Lincon he will "re-free" us all from the tragedy that our govt became under W. No more spying, illegal arrests and detentions ....

His change.gov site was blasted by requests and demands that these laws be thrown out and his speech yesterday makes me think he's gonna listen, get rid of these unconstitutional laws. Our freedom and democracy are parts of what makes America great, W stole 2 presidential elections and striped the citizens of their rights. I'm hopeful we're gonna see a reversal of that bullshit with Obama; for starters he actually won the election and the presidency. I also couldn't help but notice durring his ig speech not once did the words terrorism or terrorist ever cross his lips. :bingo:

OBAMA'S INAUGURATION SPEECH: A CALL FOR RESPONSIBILITY AND SACRIFICE AT A TIME OF GATHERING STORMS

By Barack Obama, AlterNet

"We must pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off, and begin

again the work of remaking America."

http://www.alternet.org/election08/121123/

REACTIONS TO OBAMA'S HISTORIC MOMENT FROM AROUND THE GLOBE

AlterNet

A roundup of reactions to this historic changing of the

guard from newspaper editorial pages around the world.

http://www.alternet.org/mediaculture/121252/

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers