Sign in to follow this  
Crazy Gravy

Official Bush Padon

This is a news article, says maybe congress comittee to review Bush abuse of power, but politcal debate is over.

The incoming Obama administration should launch a criminal investigation of Bush administration officials to see whether they broke the law in the name of national security, a House Democratic report said Tuesday. President-elect Barack Obama has been more cautious on the issue and has not endorsed such a recommendation.

Along with the criminal probe, the report called for a Sept. 11-style commission with subpoena power, to gather facts and make recommendations on preventing misuse of power, according to the report by the Democratic staff of the House Judiciary Committee.

The report covers Bush administration policies that Democrats have protested for some time. Among them: interrogation of foreign detainees, warrantless wiretaps, retribution against critics, manipulation of intelligence and political dismissals of U.S. attorneys.

The White House was asked for comment on the report Tuesday, but did not immediately respond.

However, in an interview this month with The Associated Press, Vice President Dick Cheney said, "I can't speak for everybody in the administration, but my view would be that the people who carried out that program _ intelligence surveillance program, the enhanced interrogation program, with respect to al Qaeda captives _ in fact were authorized to do what they did ... ."

Cheney said legal opinions supported the officials.

"And I believe they followed those legal opinions and I don't have any reason to believe that they did anything wrong or inappropriate," the vice president said.

Obama said last week in a television interview, "We're still evaluating how we're going to approach the whole issue of interrogations, detentions and so forth. And obviously we're going to be looking at past practices and I don't believe that anybody is above the law. On the other hand I also have a belief that we need to look forward as opposed to looking backwards."

Obama said intelligence officials were "extraordinarily talented people who are working very hard to keep Americans safe. I don't want them to suddenly feel like they've got to spend all their time looking over their shoulders and lawyering."

Obama said he has not made a final decision about a Sept. 11-type commission.

Say basically, No charges against Bush due to policy. I knew it was like this. Didn't know it would make the news and be over at same time.

Just Keeping ya posted. Bush is gone in one week.

PS If congress is thinking of reviewing Bush Abuse, I really wish there was a take action to let them know Americans want punishment.

They would never do that. It would cause a serious party war in which every president would be investigated when they left office. This would create some really shitty candidates because the most qualified people wouldn't want their head cut off after they left office. The Presidency is the most stressful job in the land. It just wouldn't be worth the threat of being harassed when you're retired from the job. Especially if you didn't do anything wrong. Remember how Obama looks today, because his head is gonna be full of gray when he leaves office.

You investigate a president while he is still in office, not after he leaves.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

I'm for investigating Bush Cheeny Rice etc regardless of when it happens (the sooner the better). We're talking about a commander in chief that was so crappy Dennish Kunnich read articles of impeachment against him months ago.

His administration committed and condoned war crimes. As a progressive democracy we can't just let that slide. We have to punish so no future administration plays that shit and we have to send a clear message to the rest of the world that our country did not stand with our president when he went renegade.

Its pretty sad when the incoming president has to create a team to go over the previous president's ex orders and other dubious activities. Bush has had 8 years to rampage against our rights, send our troops into an illegal war to be killed and maimed only to drop them like a hot potato after they get home, slaughter thousands for finite resources and corporate profit, and destroy the global economy. Somebody better hold him accountable for something. Even if he never sees the inside of a jail cell We the people need to see him go through the process of a fair trial for his crimes. If anyone besides our president tried his shit they'd be dragged outta their hole n shot.

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Sign in to follow this