Sign in to follow this  
Serena

Screeching Monitor

So my Husband got his old desk-top from his parents home, where it had set for a while unused. Okay shouldn't say it's old, it's running XP so it isn't very old really. Anyway, now that we're using it here, we learned that it has developed an odd quark since the last time he used it.

When it goes from screen saver to sleep, or when the monitor goes dark in general it screeches.

Near as I can figure it has dust and junk inside somehwere because there aren't any settings to make it do that in the main audio set up anywhere. I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts or advice on the matter, because I'm clueless as to what it could really be.:huh:

Thanks in advance for all advice ^^

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]I are me.

we have 1 that does that too, I think its the brand. Is it shockin ya yet? ^_^;

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Wow, that's kinda odd....this one's an IBM E74 dunno anything else about it, but when it goes to sleep or the screen goes black it lets out a high pitch screech. I did find out recently that it don't seem to do it all the time tho' sometimes it'll be quiet....maybe it has mood swings....O.o

I'm not sure how old it is....like I mentioned it's my husbands and I doubt he remembers anymore, but I think it can't be more then maybe 2yrs old. XD I should hope it isn't trying to warn me that it'll randomly burst into flames so early in its life. After all I've used monitors WAY older then this must be before and haven't burnt up yet. ^^