Sign in to follow this  
DeathscytheX

:glasses:

They should wait till the late Summer of 2012 before releasing it.

That way we have all of Fall to panic before the 12/21/12.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

XD.gif' alt=':XD:'> at least there was something accurate, the govts would not ~and are not prepping the general population for a mega disaster. Fuck FEMA can't handle a hurricane or winter storm.

The Himalayas are the highest peaks on earth. Sorry but I can't conceive of a wave 30 thousand feet high reaching that far inland.

Looks like another one of those day after movies eloquently designed to keep people stupid and afraid :aho:

...but I'll watch it to laugh at it :hahaha:

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

I hope it's nothing like Deep Impact or The Day after tomorrow. The message of hope and survival crap they were trying to send to the audience in those movies was too corny and obvious, not to mention boring.

Sadly that's probably what it will be. I can only hope that the trailer indicating the governments won't do anything, means that it won't be like Deep Impact, and I hope the cast isn't stupid teens with crushes on each other trying to survive until mom and dad find them.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

So this is what you all want.

- Shit happens that causes the earth and all it's inhabitants to die. In the end the common message would be "You will all die and theres nothing you or your governments can do do about it so just accept death and go cut your selves you emo loving bastards".

This is what Hollywood has done in the past.

- US government sends people into space to stop meteor while tossing in romance and a crazy person.

- US government builds underground bunker for only a select number of American people. Random romance between two teens is thrown in.

- The earth freezes but the Mexicans and Southern country's save the world and become the new super powers (viva la Taco Bell!). Some romance between two teens that go to school with each other.

- Aliens come to earth to make contact with humanity (ie. The USA). Humanity responds with gun fire and angry words. The world is almost destroyed but saved by love....

- Aliens make contact with the world and enslave it. Years in the future 1 man stands against this superior race and manages to free some of his fellow humans to take back the world. Romance tossed in this as well.

- Aliens come to earth and attack it but some random black guy from the air force and a hacker, who's only real job is to hope that the Aliens have windows 95 installed on their mother ship so he can install sub7 on it, save the planet. Oh don't forger romance.

- Monkeys take over the world, one man saves it. Romance...romance....

- Over sized Lizard attacks US/JAPAN numerous times threatening to destroy the rest of the world if nothing is done. The Government or some random Joe manages to save everyone as well as hook up with someone romantically. The lizard either dies or just walks off into the ocean never to be seen again.

So here's what we're probably gonna get if it follows the current trends from the past 10 years.

1) Romance and lots of it.

2) Goverments trying to stop whatever it is that's going to cause the earth's destruction but they fail and go into hiding while making romance.

3) Impact - all hell brakes loose, special effects that the producers hope will distract people from the obviously train wreck of a story their watching. Romance everywhere, people die while having romance.

4) The after effect - damage has been done and life begins anew with whatever and whoever survived. Main characters start popping out baby's like in cavemen days since civilization as we know it has been destroyed. If theres water then they build a raft out of the baby's.

5) People in the space station are laughing and shouting that they managed to survive but then realize their stuck in the space station until they run out of food and have to eat each other. One will go crazy and kill them all.

5) Ending credits with Arrowsmith or some other popular "end of days" band playing a catchy rock song in the background.

Box office hit or miss (ie. Clover Field). People will like it or they wont.

But in all seriousness this sounds like just a get rich quick movie. They clearly just went off of Internet hype that's been escalating these past few years. Why else would they say check out google for 2012 lol? I really am hoping for a good movie though. If they can pull of a realistic depiction of the end of the world I'd be amazed. I think Alfred Hitchcock was the only one that's done a decent job and making me thing 'Oh shit that would suck to have happen to me' several times.

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^

- Aliens make contact with the world and enslave it. Years in the future 1 man stands against this superior race and manages to free some of his fellow humans to take back the world. Romance tossed in this as well.

Don't forget they all learn how to fly Harrier Jets like ace pilots. And that 1 man can run full speed while holding his breath for a solid 6-10 minutes.

I'd like to see 1 person live at the end... all alone... maybe they can rip off twilight zone and his glasses break. No one survives would be nice too. Maybe the super rich and powerful build a space ship and fly off the planet, only to be hit by space debris. X'D

Don't forget they all learn how to fly Harrier Jets like ace pilots. And that 1 man can run full speed while holding his breath for a solid 6-10 minutes.

I'd like to see 1 person live at the end... all alone... maybe they can rip off twilight zone and his glasses break. No one survives would be nice too. Maybe the super rich and powerful build a space ship and fly off the planet, only to be hit by space debris. X'D

haha ya forgot about that part.

Idealy Id like to see it end with the word being covered in water and then showing a 10 year time skip where some of the land is starting to pop up from the water again, then a 50 or 100 year time skip showing the land kind of back to the way it used to be and human structures destroyed everywhere and then zooming in on the water or soil to show micro-organisms to imply that life continues even if humanity and all the animals die.

sig.php

in truth it would be next door to impossible to destroy all life on earth unless the planet was hit by another celestial body and vaporized :P

from the depths of the oceans to miles under ice bacteria and other micro organisms flourish in extreme environments.

A TZ broken glasses ending would be sweet. That was one of the best TZ eps ever!!! That one and Kirk seeing the thing on the wing of the plane X'D and I'm talking Tina and I'm going to kill you X'D

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Many ancient calenders, including the Mayan calender or Nostradamus's own predictions stop at 2012, May or mid-year I think.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

I still like that sci-fi b-movie where large alien termite/ants take over the planet and enslaves all of humanity to harvest all the wood for their food. And then Bruce Campbell crashes in from his space ship and begins the human revolution that saves the human race. and of course, he has a romance... X'D

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Many ancient calenders, including the Mayan calender or Nostradamus's own predictions stop at 2012, May or mid-year I think.

The funny thing is what is 2012 for one culture isn't 2012 for another. The documentary's have been failing to mention this very important fact. So in the end 2012 could have already landed for one culture but wont happen for another several hundred years for another.

2012 is just a bunch of bull that people are overreacting about.

sig.php

I'm not particularly sold on Nostradamus I think ppl get a little carried away with interpretation sometimes... just how some people take the bible code to the extreme.... :omfg:

The Mayan calendar ~ :huh:. Conquistadors and missionaries burned the texts, including a lot of science, astronomy etc. There was so little left it took a long time for it to be deciphered. Now we're coming to realize the scope of their knowledge; they were obsessed with space and time and had that shit all mapped out. They knew when we'd be trippin the rift

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Sorry for bumping up the old thread. I just saw this 5 mins clip of California Going Down. Woah this looks awesome!! But I hope this isn't the best part they decided to show and end up nothing to offer in the actual movie.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IlouO19xfM]YouTube- 2012 (2009) 5 min Clip/Trailer: California is going down[/ame]

yougorelena_slippers.jpg.c0d3609d8437d663780655f59789e591.jpg

TBH Any alien race that decides they dont like humanity, there won't be any fighting back, Any civilization that's advanced enough to travel between the stars and to do so in a realistic timeframe. will have technology advanced enough to say "bai gaiz" and we're gone. There is no resisting. It literally is "hey govt idiots. You screwed up and attacked them, now they're wiping out our entire world by causing our sun to go supernova"

We as humanity need to wake up and realize that war is not always the best way of doing things. And that if we continue the trend, a bigger fish will eventually find us and end our little struggle.

As far as this movie goes. I think i'll let it pass.

Edited by Khellendross

Khellv2.jpg

driving through a collapsing hotel is too over the top for my tastes. From some of the other clips I've seen, this movie is going to be flat out silly with amazing special effects, but that's really all it will have going for it.

People will survive, even though everyone is suppose to die. I might wait for this one on DVD. or like the Day after Tomorrow... never watch it all.

Yeah, I saw a clip with them flying to escape LA, while dodging falling buildings and bridges and all that. My thought was "what, are they unable to fly HIGHER and avoid all that crap?"

Was not interested in this movie from the beginning, but is now looking foward to avoid it. Just remember, these are the same people that gave us the remake of Godzilla as well as Day After Tomorrow.

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

Sounds depressing already O_O

I don't know so much about all people have to die though. I saw a documentary of it in the past and said it predicted the new age or beginning of 5th very last cycle of humanity or something. Who knows. I'm not sure but I hope they have tons of special effects and a lot of people dead if storyline sucks. So far, I think I've seen more deaths in that trailer alone than that of Day after Tomorrow.

yougorelena_slippers.jpg.c0d3609d8437d663780655f59789e591.jpg

Its not just that. The whole "new age of humanity" "humans come together and prevail/survive" is pretty old. I think Independence Day did that better than any of the disaster films.

I think it would be pretty awesome to see an end of the world movie... where the world really ends.

Independence Day worked so well because it was semi realistic. In the face of violent annihilation the super powers come together, find and implement the solution to save the world....

now if only we could convince those attending the summit at Copenhagen next month to get together to do something about climate change before there is more running and screaming in the really real world....

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers