Sledgstone

Final Fantasy: Dissidia

Its a fighting game for PSP, but holy crap any fan of Final Fantasy should really watch the intro video for this game. Its a well-done cg battle royal fight scene featuring pretty much every main character and every main villain of every FF game. O_O Kefka is in it! Friggin awesome! :D

Intro Video:

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3171957

Video Clips:

http://www.1up.com/do/gameOverview?cId=3159287&type=game&sec=VIDEOS

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

the PSP is pretty nifty. I won't buy one, because every hand held I've ever own has collected dust after the 1st week of using it. I've played the only game I've wanted to play on it as well. It may be tempting one day because I have to stay at work overnight every once in a while when they wax the floors, but I know as soon as I get one, I'd never have to work that shift again. X'D

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

though I have been known to go to extremes for Tidus :love3:

buying a psp wont be one of them

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

:clapyay::sparkle::goodjob:This game would make me consider buying a PSP, if it didn't cost so much. I'll just have to buy the game if and when it comes to America and con someone I know that owns one to let me borrow their PSP. But the game looks promising and all my favorite FF boys in one game.

Don't expect too much. I change my mind a lot.

Don't keep making me repeat myself! It's not good for my health!

-Duo Maxwell

the thing is... yeah it looks great on a little tiny screen. I want this crap on my television. Is it not for console cuz it would look uber shitty blown up? If they can't make it for everyone and just cater to those that have and can afford psp fuck em. They'd make way more money off the game if it was for console. They pull a stunt like this to sell psp, pretty desperate in this shit economy. Sorry but everyone I know is gonna pay rent n buy food not blow hundreds on a psp and game.

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

the thing is... yeah it looks great on a little tiny screen. I want this crap on my television. Is it not for console cuz it would look uber shitty blown up? If they can't make it for everyone and just cater to those that have and can afford psp fuck em. They'd make way more money off the game if it was for console. They pull a stunt like this to sell psp, pretty desperate in this shit economy. Sorry but everyone I know is gonna pay rent n buy food not blow hundreds on a psp and game.

I have to disagree with this assessment. Square's been treating the PSP as their Final Fantasy continuum for some time now, with FFVII: Crisis Core and the FF / FFII remakes. Enix's Star Ocean contributions and all the ported PSX titles solidify the PSP's place--when it's not being used as a homebrew media outlet, it's primarily a JRPG portable. It makes total sense to put Dissidia on the PSP considering the other offerings, and assuming that if you're a Final Fantasy fan, you'd be more likely to have a PSP rather than a PS3 which offers no Final Fantasy games as of yet.

Also, considering the PSP is half the cost of the PS3, it's not fair to say people won't buy the system just for this game--they'd be more likely to buy a PSP for it than a PS3 if it was a console title.

I think it's a smart move, and not a screw-the-consumer move at all. Look at all the fighting games coming out on consoles recently. The portable users are sort of screwed in that department, so it's actually a nice gift to them to have a decent fighter. And if you're a hardcore FF fan, you should have a PSP already, so it's a double win.

Tellah2.jpg

Thats just the thing tho. I'll never become a hard core FF fan because of the cross system platforming. Square did the same thing with Kingdom Hearts on the psp. Sony is doing it with God of War. Ubisoft with Prince of Persia. I loved all these series, but I feel a bit shitted on that I have to buy another system (even if its just a handheld) for yet another game. I don't know. I remember back in the day I would drop money left an right on every system that would come out and for every game I craved. But with money situations over the past close to 10 years and the costs of kids... gah, I've come to the realization I might as well say to hell with all systems and put my money into just one system, handheld, console, computer or otherwise and then buy just the media/games for that one system.

It makes me think of the blu-ray/hd battle. Its not that I'm waiting for one dominant system to rule over the others, its just that I'm waiting to see which system will eventually have the majority of the games that I will dedicate my time into playing and then go for that one and just that one. I haven't bought an x-box, 360 or ps3 yet because I'm still not blown away by either's selection of rpg games. The psp is actually winning in terms of overall rpg games, but I'm just not interesting in hand held systems anymore. If I'm going to pay for something hand held, I'd rather buy a new laptop as I'd get more entertainment out of that than psp remake games or spinoffs. :\

Dissidia looks like a good game for the portable users, but for us console only users, its still feel like a kick in the nuts. :P But maybe if we wait long enough, they'll make a console version of it or a downloadable version of it thru one system's online game stores.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

but I'm just not interesting in hand held systems anymore. If I'm going to pay for something hand held, I'd rather buy a new laptop as I'd get more entertainment out of that than psp remake games or spinoffs. :\

well its not like we gotta long school bus ride or other commute that could eat up hand held game time; neither do the kids.

With a console system the whole family can use it together or individually. Sledgers n the kids still have Mario Cart swear a thon's erm I mean battles X'D

but yeah, I'd rather throw down the $ on a laptop for the good child. :bingo:

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Sledgstone
      I finished playing Final Fantasy XIII a couple days ago. I put in just under 100 hours on it and honestly had a lot of fun with it. The plot was a bit overly complex and it played out the first part of the story in a series of flashbacks that was very popular 10 years ago like Lost and other shows and movies. It was done ok and the datalog had all the reference material in it to keep the story moving along without getting confusing. The game was very linear until you get to Pulse, but then the game slows to a crawl if you do all the Pulse side missions. Pulse is where the game gets more "open world exploration" and to me open world games are becoming more tedious and time consuming. I want a story not endless exploration that doesn't further a plot. I remember when this game came out alot of people hated it but I didn't know why. Lady played through it twice and loved it. Now 10 years later I finally played through it myself and had a good time. I really liked the characters, except for Hope. That guy annoyed me and once I could customize my own party I never used him again.  
      The character models looked great, everyone was beautiful and I loved having strong female characters. All the scenery looked amazing too. I need to set up a command chord on my xbox controller so I can take screenshots on my PC. I would have loved some screenshots at a couple different locations. It was also nice that once you could customize your party you weren't limited to having a specific team leader on at all times, you could play as any character. The combat is extremely simple at the beginning of the game. You basically "auto command" and the game basically AI controls everything, attacks, spells, etc. This seems extremely boring and simple at first, but as I progressed through the game you get paradigm shifts that change the complexity significantly. The Auto command basically helps you input the commands fast because the ATB moves so quick, especially with haste, you're much better off using the auto command to get attacks off faster and focus entirely on the paradigm shifting to change the combat roles on the fly for all the clutch moments of healing, inflicting and removing status ailments and buffs, defense, offense, etc. After a good 20 hours into the game the real combat is basically shifting paradigms all the time. What I also found interesting was the AI would auto adjust itself to the most effective means of killing an enemy based on the intel gathered from the enemy and what status effects everyone has. Using the Libra technique to get more info on enemies was vital. Overall combat was actually pretty damn fun once it got to this point. Aside from the party leader death issue.. if the party leader dies its an instant loss even if you have another character with the raise ability. I thought that was dumb, but the game does have a "retry" option for every battle that compensates for that.
      There was some aggravating moments though, the mini map and main map not being locked to north was beyond annoying and enemies not dropping gil was the dumbest thing. The only way to make money in the game was to either find it in chests or sell specific premium drops from enemies, but after a while, gil was pointless as I never had to buy a single weapon since they could all be found in chests. Upgrading weapons needed a massive tutorial that was completely absent from the game and I had to find guides online. Upgrading accessories was completely pointless when better quality ones could eventually be found in chests. I really don't understand why they did the money thing in the game at all. Every other FF game lets you kill monsters, get gil... makes no sense. And there were some enemies that I came across that straight up kicked my ass out of no where. I could be owning all kinds of monsters, leveling up stronger and stronger.. hey look at that monster, I'll go kill him. *monster instant wrecks me like I'm a level 1* wtf. Moments like that were extremely aggravating and the game doesn't go out of its way to tell you some of these monsters were meant for later in the game and doubling back to kill when you are stronger. Some other bosses were strong as hell to compared to the monsters leading up to them. And near the end of the game, I pretty much had to grind up to get a bunch of leveling done.. which meant alot of pulse open world missions. Those were fun for a while especially once I got teleportation stones unlocked, that took care of an ass load of back tracking. Thankfully I did a good chunk of all those pulse missions before the last couple chapters of the game.. because once I got to the end of the game the monsters became straight up powerful as hell. I realized if I didn't do those extra 20 hours of missions and leveled up, I'd have probably rage quit at the end because of these monsters. lol. Like every monster fight of regular enemies in the last area of the game was the equivalent of mini bosses.
      The ending could have been a bit better, but overall I highly enjoyed it. I started the sequel yesterday.. and it is already a very very different game. lol.
    • By Sledgstone
      DX mentioned this to me earlier today. In one month the price will increase for PS+ by $10 per year. Not a huge increase, but it'll now be $59.99 starting September 22 2016:
      http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/07/27/playstation-plus-free-games-for-august-2016/
      On a side note, I ordered a year's subscription from this site for $37.99 on sale:
      http://www.saugagamers.com/product/playstation-plus-12-month-subscription-card-digital-delivery
      $42.99 - $5.00 using promo code THANKYOU.
      I found the deal on slickdeals:
      http://slickdeals.net/f/8965647-playstation-plus-12-months-37-99-digital-delivery
      I haven't gotten my code emailed to me yet, but the company updated their front page a few hours ago saying it could take a couple days for them to send out the codes because they're getting so many orders in. With the price increase I doubt it'll get much cheaper than this since even last black friday it was only on sale for $39.99.

• By Sledgstone
      PSN has been having alot of flash sales lately. Last of Us remastered for PS4 for $7.99 is a great deal.
      http://slickdeals.net/f/8933231-psn-flash-sale-select-ps4-ps3-and-ps-vita-games-from-1-50
      Title Platform Price Gradius Collection PSP $5.99 Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters PSP $2.99 Assault Android Cactus PS4 $5.99 Awesomenauts Assemble! PS4 $3.99 Awesomenauts Assemble! Digital Collectors Edition PS4 $15.99 Awesomenauts Assemble! Power Pack PS4 $5.99 Battlefield Bundle PS4 $19.99 Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Gold Edition PS4 $23.39 Crimsonland (Crossbuy) PS4 $2.79 Dariusburst Chronicle Saviours PS4 $25.19 Dead Nation Apocalypse Edition PS4 $4.49 Destiny: The Taken King - Legendary Edition PS4 $24.59 Destiny: The Taken King (DLC) PS4 $19.79 Evolve PS4 $14.79 Evolve Digital Deluxe Edition PS4 $19.99 Evolve Ultimate Edition PS4 $23.99 Fat Princess Adventures PS4 $5.99 Futuridium EP Deluxe (Crossbuy) PS4 $2.99 Hardware: Rivals PS4 $4.99 Helldivers Reinforcements Mega Bundle (DLC) (Crossbuy) PS4   Helldivers Reinforcements Pack 1 PS4 $2.39 Helldivers Reinforcements Pack 2 PS4 $2.39 Helldivers: Democracy Strikes Back Edition (Crossbuy) PS4 $8.99 Killzone Shadow Fall Intercept PS4 $5.99 Knack PS4 $7.99 Kromaia PS4 $10.49 Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime PS4 $7.49 Metro 2033 Redux PS4 $7.99 Metro Redux (includes 2033 Redux and Last Light Redux) PS4 $7.49 Metro: Last Light Redux PS4 $7.99 Overlord: Fellowship of Evil PS4 $7.04 Payday 2: Crimewave Edition PS4 $9.89 Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2: Standard Edition PS4 $23.99 Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition PS4 $9.99 Sniper Elite 3 Ultimate Edition PS4 $15.99 Tembo The Badass Elephant PS4 $5.99 The Last of Us Remastered PS4 $7.99 Tower of Guns (crossbuy) PS4 $3.74 Valiant Hearts: The Great War PS4 $4.94 Velocity 2X (crossbuy) PS4 $3.99 Zombie Army Trilogy PS4 $14.99 Zotrix PS4 $2.49 Alice: Madness Returns PS3 $7.99 Alien Rage PS3 $2.99 Battlefield Bad Company 2 PS3 $3.99 Battlefield 3 PS3 $4.99 Battlefield Bundle PS3 $19.99 Bioshock PS3 $3.99 Bulletstorm PS3 $7.99 Bully PS3 $3.99 Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Gold Edition PS3 $19.49 Call of Duty: Black Ops III PS3 $24.49 Call of Juarez: Gunslinger PS3 $3.74 Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate PS3 $5.99 Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 PS3 $15.99 Crimsonland (Crossbuy) PS3 $2.79 Dead Island Riptide - Complete Edition PS3 $4.99 Dead Island: GOTY Edition PS3 $4.99 Dead Space 3 Ultimate Edition PS3 $17.99 Destiny: The Taken King - Digital Collector's Edition PS3 $34.29 Destiny: The Taken King - Legendary Edition PS3 $24.49 Destiny: The Taken King (DLC) PS3 $19.79 Deus Ex: Human Revolution PS3 $4.99 Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut PS3 $7.49 Deus Ex: Human Revolution The Missing Link (DLC) PS3 $2.39 Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Poser of Two PS3 $4.99 Dogfight 1942 PS3 $1.99 Hard Corps: Upfrising PS3 $4.49 Heavenly Guardian (PS2 Classic) PS3 $2.99 Heavy Fire: Afghanistan PS3 $3.99 Heavy Fire: Shattered Spear PS3 $3.99 Helldivers Reinforcements Mega Bundle (DLC) (Crossbuy) PS3   Helldivers Reinforcements Pack 1 PS3 $2.39 Helldivers Reinforcements Pack 2 PS3 $2.39 Helldivers: Democracy Strikes Back Edition (Crossbuy) PS3 $7.99 Hunter's Trophy 2 - America PS3 $2.99 Hunter's Trophy 2 - Australia PS3 $2.99 I am Alive PS3 $2.99 Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days PS3 $3.74 Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days The Doggie Bag PS3 $2.39 Kane & Lynch: Dead Men PS3 $3.74 Killzone HD PS3 $4.49 Lego Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game PS3 $4.99 Mamorukun Curse PS3 $1.99 Manhunt (PS2 Classic) PS3 $3.99 Max Payne (PS2 Classic) PS3 $3.99 Metro Last Light - Complete Edition PS3 $3.99 Neo Contra (PS2 Classic) PS3 $2.99 Okami HD PS3 $4.89 Raiden IV: Overkill PS3 $4.49 Ratchet & Clank Collection PS3 $5.99 Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time* PS3 $2.99 Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty PS3 $4.49 Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction PS3 $2.99 Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One PS3 $2.99 Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault PS3 $2.99 Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus* PS3 $2.99 Ratchet: Deadlocked PS3 $2.99 Resident Evil 6 Ultimate Edition PS3 $9.79 R-Type Dimensions PS3 $2.99 Saints Row IV PS3 $7.99 Sleeping Dogs Digital Edition PS3 $4.99 Sniper Elite 3 Ultimate Edition PS3 $11.99 Spec Ops: The Line PS3 $7.49 Split/Second PS3 $4.99 The Warriors PS3 $3.99 Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist PS3 $3.74 Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Chaos Theory HD PS3 $3.74 Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Classic Trilogy HD PS3 $9.99 Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Double Agent PS3 $4.99 Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell HD PS3 $3.74 Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow HD PS3 $3.74 Tower of Guns (crossbuy) PS3 $3.74 Toy Story 3: The Video Game PS3 $4.99 Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Gold Edition PS3 $15.59 Under Defeat HD: Deluxe Edition PS3 $3.49 Xcom: Enemy Unknown PS3 $7.49 Grand Theft Auto PS Vita Collection PS Vita/PSP $13.99 Lego Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game PS Vita/PSP $4.99 Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified PS Vita $15.59 Crimsonland (Crossbuy) PS vita $2.79 Dariusburst Chronicle Saviours PS Vita $19.99 Dead Nation PS Vita PS Vita $2.39 Futuridium EP Deluxe (Crossbuy) PS Vita $2.99 Futuridium EP Deluxe Original Soundtrack PS Vita $1.49 Helldivers Reinforcements Mega Bundle (DLC) (Crossbuy) PS Vita   Helldivers Reinforcements Pack 1 PS Vita $2.39 Helldivers Reinforcements Pack 2 PS Vita $2.39 Helldivers: Democracy Strikes Back Edition (Crossbuy) PS Vita $9.99 Ratchet & Clank Collection PS Vita $6.99 Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault PS Vita $2.99 Rockstar Games PS Vita Colleciton PS Vita $11.99 Velocity 2X (crossbuy) PS Vita $3.99  
      https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/flash-sale/cid=STORE-MSF77008-FLASHSALEWEBLP

• By Sledgstone
      Yuna from Final Fantasy X HD
    • By Sledgstone
      Yuna and Tidus from Final Fantasy X HD