Sign in to follow this  
Ladywriter

omfg battle royal/ impel down

Just read the RAW for the new chapter ... while I couldn't make any of the text, it was superb to say the least. There's a bunch of interesting things going on, all at the same time.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

What I don't understand this chapter is why would Blackbeard come to Impel down? Does he still want to capture Luffy or is he gonna help them in order to get closer to white beard and attempt to kill them.

And on Impeldown's security, I can see the whole damn place going up in smokes. The chief warden barely beat luffy how does he plan on taking down Luffy, Jimbei, and Crocodile. What I do want to see is the Chief Goaler fighting Blackbeard.

Neji-Sig.gif[/url]

The Chief Warden pwned Luffy the last time. Luffy showed that he could last longer, no doubt, but he was outclassed like every other arc's first boss battle. About your other points, and my thoughts on the chapter, I'll post later ... right now I'm having trouble seeing single as it is with this cup of black coffee on my table, torturous indeed. They could make the bottom-most level of Impel Down as a Black Coffee level where everyone's forced to drink a cup every 5 minutes, thus torturous.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

That's what you think ^_~ ... I think the Chief is now part of the Blackbeard crew ... or is working with him, to get to WB or Dragon or Shanks.

If that's true he can kiss BB goodbye, IIRC when BB was fighting Ace he said he can't allow attacks to go through him so he has to take them. If that's true Luffy is the last person he wants to fight, cause a Jet Giant Bazooka to the chest is going to be the end of him.

I still have hopes that the Strawhat crew is going to show up and make this more interesting with their new upgrades, and in Zoro's case he finally gets healed back to his peak condition!

I just remembered something, I don't think that any of the other supernova's were caught because assuming they were, they would be put in Impel Down's level 5 or or 6 because of their bounties but Luffy has been through all 6 floors and is currently on his way back up and freeing everyone. So it would be safe to assume that none of them were captured right?

Edited by Kuwabara

Neji-Sig.gif[/url]

I don't think any of the supernovas were captured. I'm fairly certain that Kuma sent everyone of them flying somewhere.

Holy shit this chapter was awesome! Those animal guards were "awakened zoan users", holy crap, its like Chopper on the 3rd rumble ball. If chopper can control his awakened zoan powers, he'll be mad powerful! But that makes me wonder why Rob Lucci didn't have a fully awakened zoan form like that.

And Blackbeard knows all about haki too, probably from being on Whitebeards crew. He can probably feel Luffy's power like people did on DBZ. :P And shit! they all just got insanely poisoned by Magellan! O_O But BB has that sickly looking doctor in his crew, maybe he has some insane healing powers.

I think BB is there to break someone out of Impel Down himself. He said that the riots and crap were benefiting them, and then BB and his crew walked right past Luffy and everyone else to head deeper into Impel Down. I can only assume that he is there to get someone! Maybe a potential new crew member for himself. If it is, then it must be someone mad powerful.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Yeah ... he might be, or he's out to get whatever the hell is under Level 6 ... I think there's a secret level that nobody other than the WG knows about, maybe it holds the bigger giants or such, weapons of the old maybe, locked up devil fruits maybe, I have no clue. Maybe there's an old WB or GDR rival down there who's worth getting on his side, and who'll fight for him considering WB is closing in.

I wanna go back and read BB's past chapters or the one where he fights Ace. He seems to take monster hits, and be able to stand up. Is he the type who needs to get hit once, so he can access the DF inorder to pull them close or whatever the heck - adjust or extract the DF ability out of the person maybe? If he is an eternal black hole, nothing should be able to hit him, provided he changes form. Key is to keep attacking him, giving him no time, or give him 1 QUICK fatal blow.

Notice how Crocodile's suprised when he sees Luffy bleed quoting "Blood?! I thought he was made of rubber" ... why was that? Didn't he run his left spike into Luffy's stomach back in Alabasta, and didn't he notice Luffy use his blood to sock him at the end when he ran outta water? I'll post more on the next break I get.

I thought Ace, Jimbei and Crocodile were on level 6 and level 5 was the scorching hell? I can't remember now.

Blackbeard can take some serious monster hits. Think about it, BB has some serious power even without his devil fruit. He served under whitebeard which makes him powerful to begin with, hes also the one that left that scar on Shank's face. He's screwed over two emperors and it doesn't faze him in the slightest. Then he took out Ace and just now, he boldy walks right into impel down itself without fear!? The guy is mad strong! And the fact that he knows about haki and seems to have an understanding of it and most likely his own power makes him even more dangerous.

And I think crocodile was surprised to see blood because an attack like the one BB did to him should have caused no damage. And seeing as Croc has fought Luffy before it surprised him that he could be wounded from such a hit.

BB can't change form. He said that when he fought Ace. He is the only logia type user that has to have a constant physical body. Altough I would't be surprised if he could put a black hole field around him to absorb hits, but he hasn't shown that ability... at least yet. O_O I don't think he has to be hit first to have his DF negating ability affect a DF user, all he has to do is touch them. If not for BB's crazy power to take hits, this devil fruit would probably screw over almost any other person... Its like hes a walking target.

Imagine if Blackbeard gravity sucked in Zoro... If Zoro moved fast enough, he'd decapitate BB in an instant just because he'd be right on top of him. :P

Yep, they were in Level 6 ... and I think there's another hidden level.

BB had to have been on Haki dope aeons ago ... remember when Luffy was a kid, and Shanks lost his arm, he had the scar then. That was 15-20 years from the current arc I presume. So BB's been using it for years ... and like Shanks said in the chapter where he meets WB that he would come to reclaim the throne using his 'own will' indicating a very strong Haki, like Luffy's strong will to either save his nakama or reach out for OP. BB in the current chapter still believes in OP and wants it. It's Luffy the good guy versus BB the bad guy who have the same passion. It'll get tricky in terms of Haki strength.

What does BB mean when he says "Ace!!!You...you have to join me as my nakama again!!" during their duel ... hmmm.

Any contact to BB will nullify the DF user's power. I wonder what Luffy has that'll go past. Haki alone won't do it. BB took a big hit, and he has no choice but to stand and face it in exchange of the DF's power, like he said during his battle with Ace. Makes me think, what happens if he were to face a big attack that he can't survive, like a fatal blow? How will the terms of exchange work then?

EDIT: pretty good Zoro point ;) ... that's a big risk like one of those Buzzozo vs young Gutts ones X'D.

Uber Edit: BB has made a calculative move against Magellan me thinks, he knew that would happen, and maybe Shiryuu told him a secret or two when they met, or about the whereabouts of member X, Y, Z that BB might be after (like you said Sledge) Magellan has his hands full with having to deal with Luffy n monster crew trying to escape, Ivankov, a possibly recovering BB n crew.

EDIT EDIT: Re-reading a chapter, made me realize how much of the SH strength's actually lacking versus these big guys. It took Zoro's Ashura, Luffy's Gear 3 Gigant Rifle, Sanji's Flamboge Shot - their 3 biggest moves combined together to beat an already vastly injured (fake) Kuma PX-4 X'D ... that makes you wonder why Impel Down's guards were to weak against Luffy's infiltration effort, doesn't make MUCH sense if I think about it a lot - wait, and explanation that'd make sense - Vegapunk's prolly given those key people in the WG access to try-out models of the Kuma prototype before mass producing them. Either way, why wouldn't you mass produce the PX-4 for instance, or maybe they are in the New World, who knows.

Edited by Godgrave

I think he meant for Ace and him to join forces so it could be like the old days when they were both Nakama under WB. Also if Black Beard has to take damage before he can activate his DF, he might be in for some serious beatings. Luffy and Megallagan are probably gonna do battle again, While BB continues on his search for whomever, and the chief goaler is probably trying to set the warden up in the eyes of the WG.

Did anyone else notice Oda is now giving us glimpses of what the other Straw hat's are doing? I'm still a strong believer that Luffy's nakama are going to show up in the midst of all this chaos, or at the end.

On a side note, does anyone keep up with the Anime? I'm liking the screen time that they are giving the other Super Nova's as they do battle with the Pacifista. Law and Kid seemed to be doing better than Luffy and the lot.

Neji-Sig.gif[/url]

Yeah, the Kidd Law vs fake Kuma battle isn't written in the manga (in the new episode where the other members go gungho on fake Kuma), it's just extra screen time for those guys to stretch things up a bit, seeing as the anime's catching up to the series pretty quick. Regulars on this topic are pretty much current yeah ... I personally don't like the kind of direction in some places ... like when PX-4 throws a laser beam at Orouge, he falls sideways - looks pretty silly, and uninspired compared to the manga, same with when he's beating the PX-4 up, camera angles are sloppy - too close to the characters. Drake vs PX-4 was shown a lil disappointingly too, they don't exactly show the PX-4's laser going through Drake, they just show an explosion behind him, and we assume he's hit (if I remember correct ... I usually watch OP past midnight when I'm sleepy cos it keeps me up). I personally don't like the current music theme/ sounds used in this arc. Less impact. They should get the old tunes, or memorable ones, or at least place those samples in the right places for 'epic'ness, etc. I'm just being uber critical X'D.

Edited by Godgrave

Iva and the crab woman are down! They didn't show what happened to BB and his crew yet either... and Magellan looks like hes going to kill everyone. O_O Anyone else notice that Arlong wasn't shown in Impel Down? When they first met up with Haichi again he said that Arlong and the other main members of his crew were all captured by the marines... but none of them were shown in impel down. Maybe they were being held in a prison in fishman island instead? Or maybe they are in all the riots and weren't shown? O_O

Jimbei's move under water was AWESOME! Honestly, I'm disappointed about the whole wax vs poison face off ... I liked the idea of Magellan decimating everyone, and being unstoppable, only probably to the other force 'haki' and hoped Luffy got to learn how to use it even a bit for an eventual battle. What Magellan should do is put that poison gas around the whole level, so it wouldn't matter if they had candle cannons or what not if they're all poisoned. We can probably expect to see an Admiral (aboard one of those ships) face off the 4. Jimbei might get the ship back, and put those lot of pirates on it ... think about it ... wherever they're off to - the place of Ace's execution, it'll help to have this whole lot of prisoners to create another havok situation out there as well. I don't think it's needed though to be honest because there's already gonna be Dragon, WB, Shanks and their crews that could possibly merge in that one spot!

Jimbei's move under water was AWESOME! Honestly, I'm disappointed about the whole wax vs poison face off ... I liked the idea of Magellan decimating everyone, and being unstoppable, only probably to the other force 'haki' and hoped Luffy got to learn how to use it even a bit for an eventual battle. What Magellan should do is put that poison gas around the whole level, so it wouldn't matter if they had candle cannons or what not if they're all poisoned. We can probably expect to see an Admiral (aboard one of those ships) face off the 4. Jimbei might get the ship back, and put those lot of pirates on it ... think about it ... wherever they're off to - the place of Ace's execution, it'll help to have this whole lot of prisoners to create another havok situation out there as well. I don't think it's needed though to be honest because there's already gonna be Dragon, WB, Shanks and their crews that could possibly merge in that one spot!

I still doubt Shanks will show, isn't he supposedly fighting with another Emperor when Luffy just entered Impel Down? I also liked the whole candle wax and poison thing. It shows that other DF have innate abilities to counter each other. So that means BB has another fruit that could counter his don't you think?

Neji-Sig.gif[/url]

not even light (kizaru) or time (split head fox) can escape a black hole....

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

The candle wax fight makes perfect sense and I think it was great! And Jimbei's underwater attack was friggin sweet! The power that guy has must be insane. Aside from possibly Mihawk, hes probably the only shikibukai that isn't a DF user.

The candle wax fight makes perfect sense and I think it was great! And Jimbei's underwater attack was friggin sweet! The power that guy has must be insane. Aside from possibly Mihawk, hes probably the only shikibukai that isn't a DF user.

Add Shanks to that list ;) ...

Jimbei will be awesome ... he'll get that huge marine ship go super quick on an already quick marine-set current.

Luffy will save Ace, Ace goes back to WB ... but predicting that far could be a nuisance ... Ace would wanna thank Luffy or he'd be too embarrassed of the situation of getting caught n all that, pirate pride. Luffy, at the end of this arc, will EASILY be among the World's Most Wanted Man side by side with Dragon, Shanks and the other 2 Emperors. His Bounty goes up multifold for defeated Magellan or the break ... they won't be ale to keep it secret like the last time (vs Kiiiishishishishishishishishi X'D) cos there'll be escapee prisoners telling the tale, maybe.

Hahahaha ... the new chapter has some funny parts, and it's freggin terrifying!

Sign in to follow this