Sign in to follow this  
Serena

Rosario + Vampire

I first saw this as a Manga preview in my lil sister Shonen Jump magazine. Since then I've watched the first season and have now started on the second. I personally find it to be hillarious, as well as my brother and new husband. Tho' I have to admit the Manga seems to be a little better.

Anyway Has anyone else seen it? What are your opinions?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]I are me.

It's nothing like the manga but it's still worth watching to kill time. It's echii packed! The second season they've been trying to make money by censoring out the best parts to force people to buy the DVDs :(.

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^

Eh, I watch it more for the idiotic content now as I find the fan service to be overly excessive and the lack of plot kinda annoys me. All it really has is the comedy going for it (which isn't a bad thing, it's extremely funny) but it just leaves one wanting more (especially in a season with a lot of great titles (Clannad After Story, Season 2 of Gundam 00, etc.)).

Overall the first season kinda sucked and the second season is proving to me much more hilarious with the addition of Moka's sister but really it's just not that good. Almost wishing I'd of washed my hands clean of it when the first season started to go downhill but I'll stick with it until the end (more or less because I want to see what effect Moka had on Tsukune at the end of S1 (no I am not reading the manga, no time and I got enough manga backed up the way it is)).

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

i started witht he manga and couldnt even get through a full volume and then watched the first episode and then jsut dropped it all together...really subpar and jsut mindless fanservice

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

Eh, I watch it more for the idiotic content now as I find the fan service to be overly excessive and the lack of plot kinda annoys me. All it really has is the comedy going for it (which isn't a bad thing, it's extremely funny) but it just leaves one wanting more (especially in a season with a lot of great titles (Clannad After Story, Season 2 of Gundam 00, etc.)).

Overall the first season kinda sucked and the second season is proving to me much more hilarious with the addition of Moka's sister but really it's just not that good. Almost wishing I'd of washed my hands clean of it when the first season started to go downhill but I'll stick with it until the end (more or less because I want to see what effect Moka had on Tsukune at the end of S1 (no I am not reading the manga, no time and I got enough manga backed up the way it is)).

She's attracted to him for a reason ;). So far the writers have managed to remove every trace of Tsukune's "secret" that's in the manga.

sig.php

I'm kinda wondering when Tskune will start manifesting the 'ghoulish' powers I was promised in the summery for season 2 myself. Hopefully it'll be soon, and I wonder if they'll do anymore with the other two sisters Moka touched on when talking about Kokoa. (I'm waiting for ep 8+ to be subbed, so I've only seen up to 7 so far.)

Since they kept out his powers in the first season (with the exception of his two "deaths") I'm thinking we wont see anything on it till close to the end. It seems like their trying to keep it strictly "Human in a Monster world/romance" story.

sig.php

I've seen ep 13 of Capu 2 and, I have to say, that if that was the end it was rather anti-climatic.... Altho' I thought it was funny as hell when full Vampire Moka kicked Tskune across the rubble for STILL being indecisive about who he wanted to be with.

It was OK, if not a bit over-excessive on the fan service (perpetual panty shots). I wish it stuck a bit more to the manga, since they barely even hinted at Tskune's power. Would have also been nice if they gave the alter-ego more time, though I guess I can't complain. Watch it, but don't expect anything profound; it's just another ecchi romantic comedy, but with vampires (which is a plus).