Sign in to follow this  
Dubird

Batman may be sued by Batman!

http://www.variety.com/VR1117995653.html

Batman has a new adversary: Batman.

The mayor of an oil-producing city in southeastern Turkey, which has the same name as the Caped Crusader, is suing helmer Christopher Nolan and Warner Bros. for royalties from mega-grosser "The Dark Knight."

Huseyin Kalkan, the pro-Kurdish Democratic Society Party mayor of Batman, has accused "The Dark Knight" producers of using the city's name without permission.

"There is only one Batman in the world," Kalkan said. "The American producers used the name of our city without informing us."

No one from the town of Batman has explained why it took so many years to take legal action. Batman first appeared as a comicbook character in 1939 and the "Batman" TV series started in 1966. Tim Burton's first bigscreen rendition for Warner Bros. came out in 1989. Undoubtedly the fact that "Dark Knight" is about to pass the $1 billion mark at the B.O. played a part in stirring the ire of the Turkish hamlet.

The mayor is prepping a series of charges against Nolan and Warner Bros., which owns the right to the Batman character, including placing the blame for a number of unsolved murders and a high female suicide rate on the psychological impact that the film's success has had on the city's inhabitants.

Former natives of Batman are also said to have encountered obstacles when attempting to register their businesses abroad.

The mayor is working on gathering evidence he claims will show that the city of Batman predates the 1939 debut of Bob Kane's superhero in DC Comics.

"We are only aware of this claim via press reports and have not seen any actual legal action," a Warner Bros. rep said in a statement.

While the town of Batman has suddenly shown great interest in the property, there's no evidence that the citizenry has ever shown much loyalty to the Caped Crusader -- not even on Halloween.

*snork* Yeah. That'll be interesting to see what happens. XD

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

stupid attempt to get their names in the paper and get rich quick

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Mistake 1. They're suing the wrong party. Mistake 2. They should've sued whoever they should've back in the 1930s. Mistake 3. They now look like retards, so nobody's gonna take this seriously X'D.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Lawl! WB should just not even do anything and laugh in their Turkish faces. Better yet they should black list Turkey from receiving any more of their movies until they receive a formal apology from the mayor and anyone else involved :P. That would be funny as hell seeing people from turkey turn against that one town XD.

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^

lmao

gl with that,

what grounds can they sue, it be like me sueing someone for using my name michael, i want 20 cents every time a hollywood actor uses the name michael in a movie

and trying to sue WB and nolan, = the judge will have to be bribed with an island or gold and naked women,

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

lmao

gl with that,

what grounds can they sue, it be like me sueing someone for using my name michael, i want 20 cents every time a hollywood actor uses the name michael in a movie

and trying to sue WB and nolan, = the judge will have to be bribed with an island or gold and naked women,

*Myk JL sues Kite since Myk JL had the name Michael nearly 2 years before Kite had it.*

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

Sign in to follow this