Sign in to follow this  
gokuDX7

Damn LCD monitor

I had loads of freelance work to do today and of course my LCD monitor craps out. Power light shows that it's on but the display died after 5 mins of use leaving me with a big black screen of nothing. After reading some things I found on google I've come to the conclusion that either a fuse died, or one of the 4 transistors fried (it seems to happen for everyone with the same monitor I have at the same exact time, 3 years). Theres also the chance that the back light may have completely burnt out but somehow I doubt it. Both are normally cheap parts however I apparently need a special transistor that no one sells around here and I'm guessing if and when I find them there gonna cost more then a few bucks :/.

I also contacted my LCD monitor's help e-mail to see if my warranty is still active and if they could fix it. I'm still waiting to hear from them though. It would be nice if they could replace it or at least send the parts I need so I can do it my self. I guess I'll try calling them if I don't hear from their e-mail soon.

For now I've hooked up an old, super huge, 20 inch CLT monitor that takes up most of my table :(. I guess this will have to do till I get my LCD fixed or find a new one.

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^

Sorry to hear that goku~kun, but I did warn you that too much hentai does spoil the outer screen depending on how rough you are around your computer peripherals. Anywhohowhumdum, wish you luck on the customer care thing. I was thinking of getting em bigger LCD's or such for my anime viewing, but could it also double as a tv set? No clue :P

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

@Sledg, Radio shack was the first place I checked. They didn't have it and couldn't make a special order for me. I'll look around this week and see if any tv places have them. I could take it to a PC repair place and waste $100+ for them to fix a $20 or less problem XD.

@GG you wanna know the funny thing? I always shut my LCD off before I go to bed but my dad keeps his own for months on end. He treats his like shit (poking the screen, smudging stuff on it..etc. We both have the same monitor yet mine brakes XD. I have a feeling I should have just left it on like my dad does.

sig.php

Yeah, these guys shouldn't be given candy or treated like princesses *thinks of Chii*. Sometimes you need to gag em or bitch slap em around just so they feel alive or for them to lead un~boring night lives ... it works for me.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

@GG you wanna know the funny thing? I always shut my LCD off before I go to bed but my dad keeps his own for months on end. He treats his like shit (poking the screen, smudging stuff on it..etc. We both have the same monitor yet mine brakes XD. I have a feeling I should have just left it on like my dad does.

If its the same monitor, and he doesn't know yours is busted yet, you could always switch them... Then when he realizes his is busted you could say: "See what happens when you never turn it off!"

And then the busted monitor is his problem. X'D

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

If its the same monitor, and he doesn't know yours is busted yet, you could always switch them... Then when he realizes his is busted you could say: "See what happens when you never turn it off!"

And then the busted monitor is his problem. X'D

hahaha na he already knows. I just got an e-mail back from BENQ the company that made my monitor. They sent me a form to fill out and fax back to them with my proof of purchase, which I cant find since I bought this thing 3 years ago. So I guess once I find it they will fix it. I hope I didn't throw it out.

sig.php

Basically its a way for them to get out of fixing it. If you don't have your proof of purchase from 3 years ago (because its unlikely that you do), then we can't fix it for free! When I buy a product of that magnitude, I always keep the box, all the plastic bags, twist ties, and throw the receipt in the box. The top shelf of my closet is full of them from consoles, to cellphone boxes.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

Basically its a way for them to get out of fixing it. If you don't have your proof of purchase from 3 years ago (because its unlikely that you do), then we can't fix it for free! When I buy a product of that magnitude, I always keep the box, all the plastic bags, twist ties, and throw the receipt in the box. The top shelf of my closet is full of them from consoles, to cellphone boxes.

I normally do to but since my dad bought the monitors he took the boxes and paperwork. I have no idea if he saved it or not and since he's being a lazy bastard I doubt I'll find that stuff before the warranty.

sig.php

That proof of purchase thing is funny for me. There was some class action lawsuit on microsoft for something. (I can't remember all the details, but I signed up for it.) Anyway, MS either lost or settled and for me to get my $30 out of the deal I have to submit a copy of my UPC and sales receipt of my purchase of Windows XP from 5ish years ago. Yeah right, let me pull that right out of my filing cabinet. :P

Just be careful with those video cards or other computer hardware that says on the inside of the box: "Do not return this product to the store!" and then it has warranty crap on it about getting a replacement from the manufacturer. What a joke. I'll never fall for that shit again. To get a replacement product for most of these returns, you have to ship the original product to the manufacturer, plus a check (that they'll cash!) to cover the cost of the new product they'll ship back to you, until the broken one you send in gets to them and they process it. WTF ever. :P I didn't return it at all, I just chucked the damn thing in the garbage and swore off the brand. :P

Just be careful with those video cards or other computer hardware that says on the inside of the box: "Do not return this product to the store!" and then it has warranty crap on it about getting a replacement from the manufacturer. What a joke. I'll never fall for that shit again. To get a replacement product for most of these returns, you have to ship the original product to the manufacturer, plus a check (that they'll cash!) to cover the cost of the new product they'll ship back to you, until the broken one you send in gets to them and they process it. WTF ever. :P I didn't return it at all, I just chucked the damn thing in the garbage and swore off the brand. :P

Thats why you take it to your nearest wal-mart and tell them you need to swap it out, even if you didn't buy it there, they are to stupid to know that you didn't and that they aren't suppose to take it back. Its not like its wrong to rip off the most evil corperation on earth. :P

I'm still having no luck finding the Poof of Purchase. Looks like I'll either just buy a better, bigger monitor or pay whatever the fee is they charge to fix the thing. It's probably something outrageous so I may just go buy a bigger monitor on black Friday or something.

sig.php

They they'd probably rape you on labor costs. Probably best to get a new one. They're saying HD tvs and blu-ray players are gonna get big discounts this holiday season because of the market. Who knows what that means for the rest of the electronics market.

Its not like its wrong to rip off the most evil corperation on earth. :P

:rotflmao:

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Sign in to follow this