Sign in to follow this  
Sledgstone

Sherlock Holmes movie set for 2009

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=49785

Warner Bros. Pictures has set a November 20, 2009 release date for the Guy Ritchie-directed Sherlock Holmes, starring Robert Downey Jr., Jude Law, Rachel McAdams, Mark Strong and Kelly Reilly.

In the thriller, Downey Jr. brings the legendary detective to life as he has never been portrayed before. Jude Law stars as Holmes' trusted colleague, Watson, a doctor and war veteran who is a formidable ally for Sherlock Holmes. Rachel McAdams stars as Irene Adler, the only woman ever to have bested Holmes and who has maintained a tempestuous relationship with the detective. Mark Strong stars as their mysterious new adversary, Blackwood. Kelly Reilly will play Watson's love interest, Mary.

The only other movie scheduled for that week before Thanksgiving next year is Sony's animated sci-fi tale Planet 51, voiced by Dwayne Johnson, Jessica Biel, Justin Long, Seann William Scott, Gary Oldman and John Cleese.

I bet Robert Downey Jr could do a good Sherlock Holmes. At least its finally a new movie and not a direct remake of something else. Or would this be considered a remake?

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

oh for the love of gawd......Sherlock Holmes didn't have a romantic relationship with ANYONE, though he did have admiration for Irene Adler, he never had any kind of romantic relationship with her!! Gaaah! Why do movie makers insist on putting in romance when there isn't any? I mean, you have Watson and Mary from the Hounds of Baskerville, that's romance, stick with that! Hell, the Irene Adler thing happened before Watson even met Mary!! I guess I should be glad they didn't do some bizarre gay shipping between Holmes and Watson. *grrrrrrr*

*wanders out ranting and raving*

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg