Sign in to follow this  
Sledgstone

Washing Machine goodness!

The local laundromat here closed a couple weeks ago and the next closest laundromat is a 20-30 minute drive away. x_x Well, this finally motivated us to get a washing machine. We always held off on getting one because of the hard water here and the fact that the house we rent has no washing machine hookup/drain. But seeing as the prices at the other laundromats are .50 cents to $2 more a load than what we are used to paying, plus the gas needed to drive to the laundromats, we figure as long as a washing machine lasts us 6 months it will pay for itself. Long story short, we got a washing machine! Yay! Bad news, landlord wouldn't come out for over a week to hook it up. Boo! chelle's dad came over this past weekend and we got it all set up and going. Yatta! We can now wash our clothes in our own home. ^__^ This will be the first weekend in 8 years in which I have not had to drive to a laundromat. :D

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

hmmm... where was the rest of the we while I was out there fixing my yard, digging a dry well and leech trench? I guess my shovel and I are a we ......

and had I not been the "chelle climb up there and pass me that dresser" bitch at the garage I coulda been here to hang out with sledgers and my dad as they literally watched spray paint dry.....

and now I get to do laundry 5 days a week on top of all my other list of fun things to do but fuck it saves money and everyone elses time

my muscles hurt but theres plenty of clean towels >.>

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Lucky... I haven't had that convenience since 05 when I left my mom's trailer... The closest laundry mat to my place was closed down last year to make way for Walgreen's. The next now isn't that far away & cost half the price... ($4>$2.) Still I'll end up spending around $5 on munchies just because the vending machine is there...

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

with the financial and ecological/environmental cost of driving to the next village once a week to do clothes....

after 9+ years in the same house I now have a washer >.<

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

I'm not that fussy about the lawn....

well okay, maybe there is a lil Hank Hill in me :P

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

.....says the woman who obsesses about her plants and landscaping. *G*

And who says you have to do the laundry? Make everyone else share the job. If nothing else, do what my mom would do. We'd end up having to put loads from the washer to the dryer a lot, but when they came out of the dryer, she'd sort them and only fold hers and dad's clothes. We had our own piles and had to fold our own. And if they're too lazy to fold their own clothes and they get wrinkled, then they either learn to iron or wear it wrinkled. *nods*

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

well okay, maybe there is a lil Hank Hill in me :P

Oh no... Don't go on a pro propane rant...

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

Sign in to follow this