Sign in to follow this  
Sledgstone

Tron 2

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=47152

Disney surprised Con-goers in San Diego on Thursday with debut footage of its highly anticipated sequel to 1982's Tron. The footage began with an update of the popular lightcycle duel from the original film.

A blue figure – obviously on the run – is being tracked down by a yellow figure on a cycle. The blue figure dives forward with a bar in hand. Around the bar – and figure – a super sleek blue lightcycle forms and the chase in on.

The figures are cool updates of the 1982 warriors. Gone are the glowing blue/red/yellow faces, now replaced by helmets with clear facemasks housing what looks like holographs of human faces.

The cycles dip and dodge through a translucent, multi-level track that appears both digital and organic. The blue cycle is forced down a narrow crevasse between two ledges while the yellow bike takes the high road. The blue cycle emerges at the end of the path only to be cut off by the yellow bike's 'laser trail'. The blue bike smashes into a million pieces sending the blue rider flying in slow motion and flipping through the air. He lands and skids to a halt.

All of this activity is being observed from a high, cliff-side structure by a human figure – an older, bearded Kevin Flynn! Played again by Jeff Bridges, a very serene looking Flynn appeared first in a meditative position in the center of a large room. He arises, then walks to the window and peers down onto the action below.

The yellow figure 'retracts' his lightcycle walks over to the downed blue figure... and finishes the job.

The footage ended with a '2' appearing in the traditional Tron font and the TR2N emerging around it. The TRN faded away leaving the 2 alone on the screen again.

Has anyone seen the footage yet? I tried looking around for it, but I couldn't find it. I'm surprised they didn't get Johnny Depp to somehow star in this. He seems to be disney's favorite actor lately. :P

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I saw it! I was waiting for an offical teaser release before saying something. Someone at ComicCon used their camera phone to record the teaser that was shown there, but it's not very good quality. Still, it's good enough to make me giggle like a schoolgirl. ^_^;; Unfortunatly, Disney has been aggresivly pursing people that upload this, at least on YouTube and other video share sites. Which makes no sense, really. Why not release a good quality version of it on a website? Just the teaser, don't need site content yet. They would generate TONS of interest if they did! Even though the bootleg is blurry, it still looks awesome, and judging from the response, everyone there loved it.

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

I wonder if the Tron world in Kingdom Hearts 2 helped spark the interest in making a new movie.

What if they make a new Tron trilogy? :P

Do you think the new tron will be based soley on the old school movie that was based on the computers and games of the 80s? Or will they tie the old in with the new age of gaming and computing? I must see more! ^___^

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

From what I understand, it'll be more modern in that everyone is older. Jeff Bridges is still playing Flynn, but he's older which may mean he took over the company after Dilinger, and this is 10 or 20 years after the original Tron. It looks like they'll keep the same basic look of the Tron world, just with better and smoother effects, but hopefully the world of Tron will still have that black and neon look that was so much a part of the original movie's look.

And why are we the only two excited about this??? Damn young whippersnappers! XD

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg