Sign in to follow this  
Moon Doggie

Doggies!!

okay...well i've decided to get a new doggie

the issue is idk what breed to get

i need some breeds that are:

short haired

medium size

compatible with other animals (cause my dad has 2 dogs, my stepmom has a dog and my mom has a dog)

compatible with children (my step sister gabby who's 9, mainly the only kid besides my neice and nephew who'd be around it)

please & thank you

<3

Well, it all depends on how you raise your dogs. If you socialize your dog with children, other dogs and people they will be people friendly. When I was a child we had weinerdog and beagle. They were sweet dogs. I am very very good in my dog breeds so if you pick one of these breeds and want some info I will be glad to fill you in. Also, take into consideration possible health problems later on in the dog's life because they can become costly. Example: my mother in law has dalmations and they are having hip problems, which is not un common in that breed. Good Luck!

Here is a list of Medium sized dogs:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Well, Toutousai...don't you think it's a pity for Tessaiga? All Inuyasha can do is wave about a sword with all his strength...it's the same whether it's a famous sword or a log."

-Sesshoumaru

O.o thanks for the long list, and i realize the issues with a big dog because my dad's old hunting dog Summer (had to put her down when i was 6th grade) she had a leg issue, had to amputate. But i'm prepared for that because she kinda became my dog after she wasnt good for hunting any more. But small dogs are stressful on me because hawks hang around sometimes...that's self explanitory

I do plan to socialze the puppy with the whole family but it might turn out like Zelda and Duke, they were socialized with China (my stepmom's dog, shi zu) and when they got bigger they started picking on her and so we cant leave them in a room alone so that's why i think it might be easier if the breed likes other dogs by nature.

i like the look of the belgian malinois, harrier, plott, pharaoh hound, and the whippet so far, gotta do research on those breeds though

cause long hair is aggrivating to deal with, hard to tell if a dog is hurt with all that hair is and where the injury is, and in the summer it's super hot and by the time we're done giving ALL the dogs their hair cuts our yard looks like we ran some dogs over with a lawn mower. so it'd be simpler just to have to wash it and brush it x.x but yeah....

Edited by Moon Doggie

just go to a local breeder and pick a cute n healthy one ;p

breed plays less if a factor then how you raise it

also anme the dog something very cool, like Optimus Prime (reserved for my future doggy)

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

dont worry, wont steal the name x3 i'm setting for Edward or Gabriel (Gabriella if it's a girl)

and fluffy, rest his soul, came from a so called breeder and his mental health was poor, still loved him anyways though it pained me to see or even think about how he nawed at his own hind legs >.< so i'm trying to be careful with my new doggie

i also found a breed i LOVE the Rhodesian Ridgeback so sturdy and KOOT *flails happily* just need to do more research on it and get priceing ranges for puppies and....clean my room so i have the space x.x

thanks guys <3

I'd get a husky too if i didnt live in such a hot state and didnt have to worry about having to cut it's hair

and everyone has a labrador x.x

many of my friends have had them or still do, and they dont appeal to me....

yay i've gotten in contact with a breeder!! *hops around flailing excitedly*