Sign in to follow this  
Pchan

Virus help

I think it happened when I clicked on link that was gonna stream a new movie for me ... Avast picked it up, and I shut everything down. Now, on restarting the computer, I get an Avast warning, and an Antivirus XP 2008 License Agreement that I can't get rid of, and don't want to hit the 'Agree And Install' button at the same time. There isn't a cancel button. Now when I told Avast to delete the virus, it gave me the following error message.

untitled-3.jpg

What do I do?

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Its probably spyware/malware/adware and not a virus. Avast might have picked up a warning about it, but it probably can't remove it.

Try downloading and installing the latest spybot:

http://www.download.com/Spybot-Search-Destroy/3000-8022_4-10122137.html?tag=mncol&cdlPid=10861988

Make sure it updates its files, run the immunization feature and then set it to "search and destroy" then let it sit and do its thing. You should probably shut down other programs while its running tho to make sure it gets everything. But when installing it, don't install the Teatimer registry program. I didn't care for it. But the regular program does a great job.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Great! I'm on it ...

You think that Antivirus XP 2008 thing is just a dummy thing? I can't minimize or cancel it, on restarting the computer, it pops up at the start on it's own. Maybe it's genuine, but I'm not sure what'll come of it. Right now I've moved it to the bottom of the taskbar, temporary solution.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

No, I looked it up. Its bogus software. Spybot should catch it and tell you it'll need to re-run itself on a reboot to remove software that is actively running in your memory. It should fix it. If not, you can always try ad-aware next. You can also find that on download.com

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I restarted the computer, and the same thing popped up (lil pesky Malware).

untitled1-1.jpg

I'm running Spybot's Search + Destroy, and Immunization again, if that helps. And, I'll head to Adware next.

Does it help that we know the Malware/ worm name?

Ok when Avast asks you what to do press move to chest or delete. Make sure Spybot is updated with the latest definitions files. Also it wouldn't hurt to install adaware 2008 . Then restart your PC into safe mode without network support (heres how http://www.pchell.com/support/safemode.shtml ).

Once in safe mode run Avast and have it scan your system. If it finds anything have it move to chest or delete it. Once Avast is done start Spybot and have it scan your PC. Fix anything it tells you it found. Once your done with that Start Adaware (if you installed it) have it scan your PC and remove anything it finds.

The reason why you need to run each one after another is because they can interfere with each other if run at the same time.

Once your done restart your PC and let it boot up normally.

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^