Sign in to follow this  
DeathscytheX

Warner Bros. Confirms Superman Reboot

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=48159

Warner Bros. Confirms Superman Reboot

Source: Steelsheen

August 22, 2008

Just a few days after this article was posted, Warner Bros. Pictures Group President Jeff Robinov has told The Wall Street Journal that the studio is going to be reintroducing Superman. We assume this will be similar to how Louis Leterrier's The Incredible Hulk was a reboot of Ang Lee's Hulk. Here is what the article says:

Warner Bros. also put on hold plans for another movie starring multiple superheroes -- known as "Batman vs. Superman" -- after the $215 million "Superman Returns," which had disappointing box-office returns, didn't please executives. "'Superman' didn't quite work as a film in the way that we wanted it to," says Mr. Robinov. "It didn't position the character the way he needed to be positioned." "Had 'Superman' worked in 2006, we would have had a movie for Christmas of this year or 2009," he adds. "But now the plan is just to reintroduce Superman without regard to a Batman and Superman movie at all."

The article also talks about Warner Bros. adapting other DC properties over the new few years. "By 2011, Mr. Robinov plans for DC Comics to supply the material for up to two of the six to eight tent-pole films he hopes Warner Bros. will have in the pipeline by then," it says. Those projects will likely be about single characters at first, and will be darker much like The Dark Knight:

With "Batman vs. Superman" and "Justice League" stalled, Warner Bros. has quietly adopted Marvel's model of releasing a single film for each character, and then using those movies and their sequels to build up to a multicharacter film. "Along those lines, we have been developing every DC character that we own," Mr. Robinov says.

Like the recent Batman sequel -- which has become the highest-grossing film of the year thus far -- Mr. Robinov wants his next pack of superhero movies to be bathed in the same brooding tone as "The Dark Knight." Creatively, he sees exploring the evil side to characters as the key to unlocking some of Warner Bros.' DC properties. "We're going to try to go dark to the extent that the characters allow it," he says. That goes for the company's Superman franchise as well.

The studio is set to announce its plans for future DC movies in the next month. For now, though, it is focused on releasing four comic-book films in the next three years, including a third Batman film, a new film reintroducing Superman, and two movies focusing on other DC Comics characters. Movies featuring Green Lantern, Flash, Green Arrow, and Wonder Woman are all in active development.

Brainiac or Darksied please. No more Lex Luthor.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

doomsday??

but brainiac and darkside are better villiams, and pure evil

where as doomsday is a killing machine, the other 2 would be better film

i really hope they do make a superman re-vamp,. giving him a kid really fucked the story for a sequal

i dought they will, but i think using brendan routh is a good idea, he really looked the part, both as clark and superman,

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

I would've liked them to go on with the reboot they did 3-4 years ago. Plus I've read articles where they're kinda gonna follow the same 'dark' theme as the Batman reboot has, which really doesn't suit Superman's character.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

I would've liked them to go on with the reboot they did 3-4 years ago. Plus I've read articles where they're kinda gonna follow the same 'dark' theme as the Batman reboot has, which really doesn't suit Superman's character.

Darksied and Doomsday are pretty dark stories. They can't really do Doomsday the first movie on the reboot because Superman dies.

Solomon Grundy would be pretty cool too... Their gonna have to get someone that can match superman blow for blow to make this movie good. Lex Luthor is the ultimate villain for Sups, but hes been done WAY too many times.

If they used Lex Luthor again it would suck... and if they did use him, they'd probably use him to make Bizarro. While it would be a good fight, I don't think Superman fighting someone with his same abilities would be nearly as good of a movie as a completely new villian never done in a movie before.

If they wanted to do something awesome, they should plan on a triliogy of movies starting of with the introduction of darkseid and an invasion from apokolips. They could even bring a couple characters from the justice league for cameos.

But seeing as they'll reboot superman, they'll probably do yet another origins movie and bring in lex luthor again. wtf. Why can't they just assume everyone knows everything there is about superman and just skip the origin movie and get to the good shit. -_-

If they did a Superman vs. Batman movie, Batman wouldn't stand a chance in hell against the Superman from Superman Returns. In that movie Superman was so powerful he was practically a god with no weaknesses. In every cartoon or comic in which batman ever had to own superman, he'd bust out a nugget of kryptonite, weaken him and take him out or subdue him somehow.. but in superman returns he lifts an entire mountain of kryptonite with extreme ease seeing as just being within 10 feet of any krypontite he'd be dropping to his knees. So even if batman had a mountain of kryptonite, he still wouldn't be able to touch him. And if that wasn't enough, superman was able to fly all over the world solving the entire world's problems in literally minutes probably moving faster than the speed of light.

I could see it now, batman would turn mt everest into kryptonite to take out superman and then throw a punch at him, just to have superman fly around the planet save 200 people and then take out batman in a single gust of air from his breath and all while batman was still throwing that single punch.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

i think superman as over clocked in superman returns, everything up to the mountain of kryptoknight was amazing, how he should be.

the line he used fighting darkside at the end of JLU was great,

something about always having to pull his punches because he is afrqaid of killing someone, and he wont hold back against dark side, he moved faster and hit harder then he ever had in the series prior to that event

they need a villian that can go a few round with him.

hulk needed a villian to smash,

sup's needs a villian to punch up, someone who can uhrt him back

but superman shouldnt bleed however, onl;y few people in the universe can actualy really hurt him. (doomsday being one of the few)

but using his heat vision he killed like 100 doomsday clones at once (superman batman series)

he needs a villian whos indirect like Lex Luthor, but near the end gets down and mean with some building smashing melee. like brainiac

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

If they used Lex Luthor again it would suck... and if they did use him, they'd probably use him to make Bizarro. While it would be a good fight, I don't think Superman fighting someone with his same abilities would be nearly as good of a movie as a completely new villian never done in a movie before.

If they wanted to do something awesome, they should plan on a triliogy of movies starting of with the introduction of darkseid and an invasion from apokolips. They could even bring a couple characters from the justice league for cameos.

But seeing as they'll reboot superman, they'll probably do yet another origins movie and bring in lex luthor again. wtf. Why can't they just assume everyone knows everything there is about superman and just skip the origin movie and get to the good shit. -_-

If they did a Superman vs. Batman movie, Batman wouldn't stand a chance in hell against the Superman from Superman Returns. In that movie Superman was so powerful he was practically a god with no weaknesses. In every cartoon or comic in which batman ever had to own superman, he'd bust out a nugget of kryptonite, weaken him and take him out or subdue him somehow.. but in superman returns he lifts an entire mountain of kryptonite with extreme ease seeing as just being within 10 feet of any krypontite he'd be dropping to his knees. So even if batman had a mountain of kryptonite, he still wouldn't be able to touch him. And if that wasn't enough, superman was able to fly all over the world solving the entire world's problems in literally minutes probably moving faster than the speed of light.

I could see it now, batman would turn mt everest into kryptonite to take out superman and then throw a punch at him, just to have superman fly around the planet save 200 people and then take out batman in a single gust of air from his breath and all while batman was still throwing that single punch.

ROTFLMAO, best post ever.