Sign in to follow this  
Akane Tendo

What do you do when a pet dies?

Just some random thought I had yesterday. Wth am i gonna do when my dog dies @-@;; So far all my pets that have died are all small so i just went and buried them in a corner of the garden... But my dog... I have no idea.

So what do you guys do? O-o

~*~*~Kanie-chan~*~*~

My family had a cat that died. It didn't seem like a good idea to bury it. Luckily... I had a friend who's family burns their garbage so... yeah... Only person that was offended by this "cremation"... was my sister.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

I would say bury it somewhere special that you and your pet liked to go but that can be an expensive offence especially if it's on state land (if you get caught). Don't buy into the vet's idea of a 'pet cemetary'. Both our dogs my mother said went to a 'pet cemetary' when we had to put 2 down for being sick. However, I later found out that the vet's office put them in trash bags and took them to a city dump. Never trust those idiots. You could cremate your dog like a person and put their ashes in a nice box or urn? That would cost you a bit though.. You can stuff a pet and perserve them (which I do not recommend and it's just plain creepy). Maybe a neighbor would let you bury your pet in their yard if you don't have the room?

I dunno I have seen all of thee above done by a variety of people. People love their pets as much as their kids. I think these days you can do anything you can do for a human for a pet.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Well, Toutousai...don't you think it's a pity for Tessaiga? All Inuyasha can do is wave about a sword with all his strength...it's the same whether it's a famous sword or a log."

-Sesshoumaru

I've buried a few pets. When my cats and the Guinea pig die they will be buried, my dog will be cremated if she dies at the vet (if her quality of life turns to shit I will not let her suffer) or when the ground is too frozen to bury her. If its a natural thing at home I'll bury her body myself; I'm like a meercat when it comes to digging holes. I'd like her cremated so I can keep some of her ashes and put the rest in the garden/back yard.

I've had the dog since she was 6 weeks old, now she's 10. She was a makita puppy I got from my aunt.My cat pinky head ad a litter about 3 weeks old at the time and adopted prescious as a kitten so she's a cat dog. Ditto was born in my closet on N St to mama mushi 9 years ago and lost his leg almost 8 years ago. He's cost me a small fortune over the years. Okie was born to mama may under my vanity in here and has been with me 6 years. Morgan brought princess pig home last fall and I've spoiled lil squeak ever since, she's mad crazy high maitenence. She was a year old in July. I'm home alone all day with these animals, I spend more time talking to and taking care of them then the humans in this house. They are my trusted furry nakama, we're quite the pack. My life will be less bright without them. I haven't made any decisions about replacing anybody after they check out. I knew all the animals that my animals came from, the cats were mine. Sarting over with entirely new bloodlines doen't really appeal to me. Puppy training is hard, mutt was a year old before we finally got to where we are in pack order. Puppies are a pain in the ass, they shit piss and chew like babies the first year and they're so damn hyper. kittens are easier but they're little pissers too.

I am pretty sure that I wont get any more animals until everybody in the pack has died. I still got years to think about it.

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers