Sign in to follow this  
Moon Doggie

hole in the wall

okay....soooo like the title says a member of the opposite party put a hole in my bedroom wall so is it possible to like cut a peice of drywall and like patch it up or do i go for option 2 and slap a poster over it?

and it's a large fist size hole... that's as about detailed as the hole itself gets

I say make it big enough for you to crawl through, and then put a poster on it ... wait, it's not like you're not in prison - what am I saying?! X'D. Honestly, I'd put a poster if it isn't too deep, but if it's close to any plumbing, etc. it could harbor roaches ... in which case, it's better to seal/ plaster it up.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

best to seal it up, then put a poster over it to hide the patch job....a hole like that is a good way for bugs to get it, and will make it harder to keep it heated/cooled as the comfy air escapes faster....

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

sheet rock, joint compound n a piece of sandpaper

Ganbatte!

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

They make these wire mesh pieces that you can use to cover up holes in the wall. If you have a big hole like someone went through a wall..that's a bit more work. A small fist hole can be pretty easy to fix and not too expensive. My dad is a general contractor so I have had to lend a hand on his place a few times.

Remove the broken pieces or jagged edges carefully without making the hole bigger. Sand paper around the area so it's smooth and you have no jagged edges. You can cover the hole with a metal mesh patch (that you can get at a Home Depot). Or you can use plastic mesh tape. I suggest the metal mesh patch. Makes it easier. Cover the mesh spackling compound using a putty knife and allow the putty to dry. Lightly sand the area, primer and repaint. Should be good as new.

Edited by HKofsesshoumaru

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Well, Toutousai...don't you think it's a pity for Tessaiga? All Inuyasha can do is wave about a sword with all his strength...it's the same whether it's a famous sword or a log."

-Sesshoumaru

Some years ago, I "accidentally" ^_^; threw a chair into the wall and made a lovely two holes. I went to Homedepot and they had a patch kit for just that. It's hardly noticeable and it was cheap as I remember it.

How do you accidently throw a chair in a wall? LOL^_^;

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Well, Toutousai...don't you think it's a pity for Tessaiga? All Inuyasha can do is wave about a sword with all his strength...it's the same whether it's a famous sword or a log."

-Sesshoumaru

thanks guys *eye twitches at the thought of bugs*

<.< every time someone puts a hole through a wall it's an "accident" like that one time........nm x.x

this is the second hole that's been put in my wall....well the first one was a dent but yeah thanks =^^=

Do what HK said with the metal mesh patch. Usually a fist size hole is about the same size hole you'd get if a door got slammed into the wall a door knob smashed thru the drywall. Its such a common thing, the patches usually come in a couple sizes. So get one that will over lap the hole a bit so it'll stick good to the wall. I've used the plastic mesh before too (comes in a strip form like packing tape) and that stuff is only good for joints where a couple pieces of drywall line up together.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg