Sign in to follow this  
Crazy Gravy

The Healthy Food Conspiracy

I don't have any referrals but I know why Americans are fat. At least poor americans. The healthier foods are much more expensive than just food itself. Junk and bad food is affordable. I read that congress wanted to pass a junk food tax a year ago and it might come back. But my answer is taxing bad food that only the poor can afford is not a solution. Cutting the costs of healthy food is. I won't even go there, until it comes up again,

Anyone or Lady with info holla, and also guide me to similar posts and threads.

Usually just for myself I get 6 cans of Chicken, Fat Free Cottage Cheese, Prunes, V8, & Whole Wheat (Raisin Sunflower) Bread. It's under $30 for the whole week & keeps me away from saturated & trans fats.

I get even better results when I exercise. I average right now in the 200-215Lbs, but when I was weight lifting I was always so near to getting under 180Lbs.

In either case my ribs stick out more than my gut.

Also food shopping on the 7th day is my main snacking day as most other days I try to stick to my diet.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

That's an aquired taste, I'm burgers, fish and chicken samiches now. At one time it was all tuna and rice, no butter or mayo, Acquired taste. That's still cheap, anything else, for example healthy cuts of meat or poultry are very expensive, the unhealthy cuts are affordable. But damn, that's discipline.

I'll look into this for ya. Its pathetic a bag of greasy chips cost less then a bag of apples -_-;

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

That's an acquired taste, I'm burgers, fish and chicken samiches now. At one time it was all tuna and rice, no butter or mayo, Acquired taste. That's still cheap, anything else, for example healthy cuts of meat or poultry are very expensive, the unhealthy cuts are affordable. But damn, that's discipline.
In the past I've eaten lunch meats with no trans or saturated fats for about $5 a package. Those can last a week after opened. You don't want fat in your meat or poultry just cut it out. No one is forcing you to eat the unhealthy parts. Staying in shape has always been about discipline.

I don't see the conspiracy unless your referring to how cheap snack cakes are. Because I've seen the obese dig into what looks like a months worth of food.

... Also what kind of burger is healthy?

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

I think he means how it is that chicken legs (dark meat) is cheaper then chicken breast (the white meat). 70% ground beef is cheaper n greasier then 90% and so on.

Unhealthy/ less healthy processed foods loaded up with sodium, bad carbs, sugar, fat, other preservatives are generally cheaper then fresh cuts of meat. Fruits and vegi prices are high unless yer buying the locally grown stuff. A lot of fruit/veg's are irradiated before packaging so if you can buy the locally grown stuff yer better off.

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

I think he means how it is that chicken legs (dark meat) is cheaper then chicken breast (the white meat). 70% ground beef is cheaper n greasier then 90% and so on.

Unhealthy/ less healthy processed foods loaded up with sodium, bad carbs, sugar, fat, other preservatives are generally cheaper then fresh cuts of meat. Fruits and vegi prices are high unless yer buying the locally grown stuff. A lot of fruit/veg's are irradiated before packaging so if you can buy the locally grown stuff yer better off.

I suppose that makes a bit more sense. Still it seems too picky though. I haven't been overweight since my teens. The canned chicken I buy is white meat & I haven't noticed any labeled dark meat. I always check the labels so I know I'm not getting any saturated or trans fats in my regular diet.

Well I'm a vegetarian and I eat a ton of fresh fruit and veggies. How can I afford it? I buy locally grown stuff at farmer's markets. I know that in some places, farmer's markets are a little difficult to come by so I apologize if my suggestions are not helpful. If I am pressed for time I go to Trader Joe's (or if I'm out of EVERYTHING I go to Costco). Now about entrees, I just get creative. I use recipes from websites (usually under categories such as "broke college student").

Mayor Quimby: I'll admit I used the city treasury to fund the murder of my enemies, but as Gabbo would say, I'm a bad wittle boy.

I could prolly give up most meat as long as I had Mushrooms :drool:

Funk, do they still do the farmers market in front of Wegmans?

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

My topic wasnt expressed clearly enough, thanks Lady for claryifying.

I am poor and must go to food pantries. From that, I always get a lot of frozen ground turkey. Any insight in making that edible. Trust me, I think its only 50 percent turkey, not healthy, but food for a starving man. May not be healthy, but most US food for poor oustide of grains, isnt healthy.

That was my point, having read the replies, I should be grateful to be starving in the US, compared to other nations.

So intro over, Ground Turkey recipes or suggestions, I'll probably make burgers, but even cooking it is odd.

So, I'll managed but some recipes would be cool.

PS Mod can probably move this thread out of 1408 and into misc, food, lifestyles. New to forums, I guess it would be random.

O.o i mainly live off bread, juice, soda, dry cereal, and milk

<.< maybe slap a little butter on bread and make some toast and viola

most meats i cant eat either allergic or there's so much grease on it my gag reflexes wont let me consume it no matter how good it smells x.x and same with some fruits i'm acutely allergic too....but i still eat anyways >.>

and in my own opinnion it's most likely cheaper to grow ur own food though you'd have to lower your standards when it comes to things that grows on trees

*eyes ground turkey* turkey salad!! most likely the same as making chicken salad except with turkey maybe.... idk i dont eat turkey so i cant garantee it'll taste good x.x

all this is making me hungery

how well does the stuff you get form into patties or meatballs?

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Sign in to follow this