Sign in to follow this  
Ladywriter

The New World

I have to wonder how many rookies ever make it to the NW. Traversing the first half of the grand line and the floridian (sp?) triangle only to end up at the archipelago and doomed if your ship isnt coated properly, which I'm willing to bet a lot aren't. The archipelago itself is the first elemination trap. Pirates who make it that far are targets for the marines and human traders.

If you make it then the next stop is fishman island, underwater and presumably not too far from Impel Down. I'll guess that this place is also another elimination round. Ya either explode on the way down, get yer ass killed or kidnapped by fishmen, get your ass killed or grabbed by the marines as there is a Shichibukai hanging out down there.

Make it pas that and now yer crew must survive the other half of the planets toughest ocean in the world. Here there be giants; Elbaf is presumably in the new world. All Blue prolly in the new world at the other route to Skypia. Kingdoms in the throws of revolution against the World Govt led by Dragon and run by his revolutionaries.

What's your take on the NW and what do you think we'll be seeing there?

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Lola and her crew, who the Strawhats saved on Thriller Bark were from the New World itself, and looking at their abilities, they're just regular pirates, no big deal. But, the New World obviously has many powerful guys who eat small fry ... so I'm thinking no crew with the captain's bounty of above 100-150,000,000 prolly cos then they'd be considered weak. Luffy is part of the 11 Supernova pirates ... so I reckon most of the 11 will make it through, unless some were to get captured or defeated before that, cos of the new Shichibukai development. Luffy, to me, has the highest bounty of the lot.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

I bet theres more than just one or two underwater islands. If fishman island is as far below the sea level as skypiea was in the sky, then there must be a string of underwater islands, just like there is a string of sky islands. So, All Blue must be a place where not only the four oceans meet up, but also the white white sea of the sky islands and I'm guessing the deep deep sea of the underwater islands. Imagine the possible monsterous fishmen or monsters that only exist in the deepest of oceans because they can't survive in normal waters because of water pressure? O_O

I bet coated ships sinking into the deep deep sea are easy pickings for Krakens. :P

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

The new world is going to be crazy. Just like Chopper or Ussop said after taking down Moria if they keep having to push themselves like they are on the grandline how can they best the new world. With Pirates like Whitebeard, Shanks and others who are pretty powerful how can the strawhats pull through. Shanks and whitebeard parted the clouds from their little meeting...

The navy assembled all the military might it can to Impel Down just because whitebeard is on his way, seriously wtf... Just how powerful is this man, he doesn't seem afraid that they have the warlords, or Admirals at their HQ.

Neji-Sig.gif[/url]

WB has fought Gold single handed, I mean that's an indication of how powerful he was/ is. The WG isn't prepared to send just 1 admiral or 1 Shichibukai towards him, he'll decimate them! For backup the WG has called for all it's strength, or all the Shichibukai at least to assemble for Ace's execution cos they actually fear WB to the max. WB is the current Pirate King.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

I don't see whitebeard as the current pirate king, or else Ace wouldn't have said to Luffy all those chapters back "I'm going to make Whitebeard the pirate king." To me, that indicates that there are others just as strong as whitebeard that pose a threat to even whitebeard. I think the main reason the WG are busting out all their power assests is to make sure they completely overwhelm whitebeard. The WG will know that WB is coming in strong will all his forces because he'll be storming the marine headquarters of the world.

The balance of power is the WG/Marines, the shikibukai, and the 4 emperors. Technically, with the WG and all the shikibukai teaming up, they should be able to take on all 4 emperors if they were to show up. The only thing is, WB has a friggin fleet. If anything, WB is the strongest of all the emperors because he has numbers under him. And seeing as WB is coming to attack, the WG will know that WB is coming with enough forces to not just save Ace, but to probably eliminate all marines in the vicinity.

Theres a couple interesting things that could happen tho. Luffy/Hancock and buggy are all playing a wildcard role right now. All of them could fuck up all kinds of plans especially because of their current locations. And the WG isn't aware of Ace's relation to Dragon. Hence the talk Ace had with garp, they made sure to reference that fact with his name Portgas. Maybe thats a little forshadowing there that Dragon may show up for his son and the marines/whitebeard won't know what the f*ck to do. Think about it, whitebeard having a fleet is nothing compared to Dragon and his forces literally already taking over one of the main 5 oceans of the world. Oh, and now that I'm thinking about it, the ocean Dragon took over is probably on the other side of the calm belt that amazon island is in. O_O Dragon probably has plenty of ships from his annihilation of the marines in that ocean that can cross the calm belt. O_O

Oh, and of course Shanks is a good friend of Ace and has met with whitebeard about him. Maybe the two of them have formed an alliance to save Ace? What if Luffy finally gets to see shanks again while saving Ace at his execution? ahhh! So much can happen!

And!!! the hinted briefly at it in the past couple chapters now. That one shikibukai was refusing to move from impel down, but in this last chapter it was mentioned that he was arrested and imprisoned in impel down. I wouldn't be surprised if that guy is playing a current wild card too.

when it comes to what the characters will do I've learned to never underestimate Oda. That guy can pull the craziest plot twists outta thin air and they work amazingly. :sparkle:

There is even a chance that since Shanks couldn't get WB to recall Ace, Shanks went to another authority figure over Ace, Dragon. I'd guess Shanks knows all about him, he did spend a year kickin it with Dragon's babies mama in Foosha Village. :sly:

I'll guess Buggy wont be Luffy's only ally in ID. There's a lotta guys he put in there that might side with him to escape or side with the marines to end Luffy's rampaging.

They'll have to run into the unknown Shichibukai in ID. Will that person be chill like Mihawk and Boa? A world domination freak like Sir Crock or Moria? Fuckin scary like Kuma? :hahaha:

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Come to think of it, Dragon was in town at Luffy's 'execution' if you wanna call it - that incident at Loguetown. I'd bet my virginity that we'd see him here too, if not for Ace's rescue then prolly for just the fact that there'd be a chance to topple to WG while they had their hands full with WB n crew.

WB was introduced as the world's strongest pirate, I made a mistake in calling him the Pirate King, gomen! Though, I don't know about the strongest part, after what little we've seen of BB.

I don't think Shanks and WB could have an alliance, we saw how big WB's ego was when the two met. Shanks and Dragon alliance, hmmm good thought Sledge! That sounds exciting! Nice point Lady on Dragon making his move ... it looks like it could happen.

seriously tho...

how r Luffy n Ace gonna escape without help?

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

That was his bounty prior to becoming a shikibukai. I'd assume attempting to overthrow an entire country and being the sole cause of countless hundreds or thousands of deaths and the attempted mass murdering of a million people would have raised his bounty just a little. :P

That was his bounty prior to becoming a shikibukai. I'd assume attempting to overthrow an entire country and being the sole cause of countless hundreds or thousands of deaths and the attempted mass murdering of a million people would have raised his bounty just a little. :P

Just a little? lol.

I got another question, why are the shikibukai known as one of the three great powers if they are just another sector of the governments power?

Neji-Sig.gif[/url]

The shikibukai were formed by the marines as a power move to keep the 4 emperors in check. Seeing as the 4 emperors are as powerful as the WG/Marines, the WG doesn't want mutual destruction, so they grabbed a group of powerful pirates together to form the shikibukai. The marines did this for a couple reasons. Of course by making a pirate a shikibukai, that gives that pirate immunity from WG prosectution. They become legal pirates and can do whatever they want. The only thing they need to do to keep the nice priviledges is to fight for the WG when they are called. Now the main point of forming the shikibukai was to prevent mutual destruction. If the WG calls upon the shikibukai like they are now, they will pretty much ensure their survival and dominance. Also, by making these pirates Shikibukai it keeps them out of the crews and/or joining with the 4 emperors.

The end result is that shikibukai are not another section of the government's power, they don't have to follow any orders any marine gives them and aside from being called into a fight by an admiral or the main marine commander. Because of this they are really an independant power that is in alliance with the WG. Of course the shikibukai are quite powerful and the WG still realizes that they are pirates. And you can't trust pirates. If anything, they were stupid to organize a group of mad powerful pirates together. Because if the shikibukai actually did their own alliance with each other, they could take out the WG/marines and throw the entire power balance into chaos. :P But, the WG picked pirates that are all mad powerful, but also with mostly conflicting interests. They probably wouldn't turn on the WG at this point because if they can take out an emperor, the shikibukai will most likely get to claim some of the newly unoccupied territory in the new world.

The shikibukai were formed by the marines as a power move to keep the 4 emperors in check. Seeing as the 4 emperors are as powerful as the WG/Marines, the WG doesn't want mutual destruction, so they grabbed a group of powerful pirates together to form the shikibukai. The marines did this for a couple reasons. Of course by making a pirate a shikibukai, that gives that pirate immunity from WG prosectution. They become legal pirates and can do whatever they want. The only thing they need to do to keep the nice priviledges is to fight for the WG when they are called. Now the main point of forming the shikibukai was to prevent mutual destruction. If the WG calls upon the shikibukai like they are now, they will pretty much ensure their survival and dominance. Also, by making these pirates Shikibukai it keeps them out of the crews and/or joining with the 4 emperors.

The end result is that shikibukai are not another section of the government's power, they don't have to follow any orders any marine gives them and aside from being called into a fight by an admiral or the main marine commander. Because of this they are really an independant power that is in alliance with the WG. Of course the shikibukai are quite powerful and the WG still realizes that they are pirates. And you can't trust pirates. If anything, they were stupid to organize a group of mad powerful pirates together. Because if the shikibukai actually did their own alliance with each other, they could take out the WG/marines and throw the entire power balance into chaos. :P But, the WG picked pirates that are all mad powerful, but also with mostly conflicting interests. They probably wouldn't turn on the WG at this point because if they can take out an emperor, the shikibukai will most likely get to claim some of the newly unoccupied territory in the new world.

:goodjob: better than the wikipedia explanation. So then they need atmost 7 of the warlords to be able to fight the emperors? With Crocodile out of the picture it seemed that the WG were thrown into some sort of chaos. By the looks of it, they need their entire forces to take down one emperor so if two joined forces like Shanks and WB they could topple both the WG and the warlords?:huh:

Neji-Sig.gif[/url]

Sir Croc got kicked out after Luffy and co exposed Baroque Works and his plans (looking for the ancient weapon/making Alabastar his base). Blackbeard has taken Croc's place as one of the 7.

The Shichibukai are more like privateers then pirates.

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Don Flamingo... I think he is the strongest, not just because of his pervious bounty but for the soul fact that nothing much has been seen from him. Except that he has organization's all around the grandline and he might be the only warlord stationed at the new world. I think that if they are privateers, then the WG might have to have one of them in the new world to let them know that they have warlords there too.

Neji-Sig.gif[/url]

Don Flamingo is interesting because nothing much has been revealed about him aside from the fact he has a DF that lets him remotely control people's bodies (but not their minds), and he is a "Royal Shikibukai". Which means he must be one of the tenryobuto (sp?). Which means he has double privledges with the WG. :nod:

I think there must be more to his devil's fruit aside from just physical body control. Like maybe he has telekinetic powers.

Don Flamingo is interesting because nothing much has been revealed about him aside from the fact he has a DF that lets him remotely control people's bodies (but not their minds), and he is a "Royal Shikibukai". Which means he must be one of the tenryobuto (sp?). Which means he has double privledges with the WG. :nod:

I think there must be more to his devil's fruit aside from just physical body control. Like maybe he has telekinetic powers.

Royal Shikibukai?! I thought they were all called that??

Neji-Sig.gif[/url]

Sign in to follow this