Samara

Code Gaess or Full Metal Panic?

I always like Full Metal Panic, Sergeant Sagara is funny at times and I feel sorry for him when Kaname beats the hell out of him. Half the time he deserves it, have the time he doesn't. Anyway, I like the show enough to go out and buy the box sets to season 1 and 3, and couldn't find 2, FMOFUU. It had a good storyline and some pretty good fight scenes. I never tire of the giant robot shows.

Another show that looks promising, even though I have been so busy I missed the last four episodes is Code Gaess airing Saturday night on adult swim. Another giant robot series but with a entirely different, yet interesting and dark at points, storyline. I won't say much about it in case anyone is following it, though I'm sure if anyone is then they know more than me anyway.

Anyway the giant robot shows have been favorites of mine since Mobile Suit Gundam. Anyone have any opinions or either show or think one is better than the other. Just wondering.

Don't expect too much. I change my mind a lot.

Don't keep making me repeat myself! It's not good for my health!

-Duo Maxwell

I've never seen Code Gaess, but Full Metal Panic is a favorite of mine. We got the FMP TSR boxset at rightstuf a couple months ago when it went on sale. Excellent series. Kaname is so sexy. :drool: Poor Sousuke tho, hes always getting in trouble. BTW, the Rugby episode in FUMOFFU is the best ever. X'D

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

both are amazing however Code Geass and the second season have been nothing but pure win. It's like Death Note and Gundam combined.
If Lelouch is Light then C.C. is Ryuk?...

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

That sounds plausible and fitting a combination of Deathnote and Gundam for the description.

The rugbee episode in FMOFUU, that was completely awesome, leave it to Sousuke to follow a book written by Mao.

-Duo Maxwell

I plan to base it on how Geass turns out in the end. FMP is really good though so Geass has some hard competition, especially since the novels are really good for FMP.

-Duo Maxwell

Just finished Code Geass season 2. That was good. Lelouch is such an evil bastard.

The series lost me a bit when it came to the emperor and marianne trying to kill everyone from a pocket dimension and merge all consciousness into a single collective or something. That part reminded me of eva. O_O

But the last episode was good, it didn't make sense why Suzaku would have been working with Lelouch all along after the end of season 1, but when they showed their deal. Sweet. I feel bad for Karen tho, its a shame Lelouch never showed her the personal attention she was wanting from him, but at the same time it was the only way to keep her alive.

Death Note in comparison is still better tho in terms of Lelouch's planning and manipulation with his power. There were too many times in which something Lelouch was doing could have backfired on him and gotten him killed, whereas Light would never leave openings like that. Still Code Geass was a good series.

both are amazing however Code Geass and the second season have been nothing but pure win. It's like Death Note and Gundam combined.

Thats exactly what its like!

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg