Sign in to follow this  
Sledgstone

Deadliest Catch

I used to always be able to turn on the Discovery Channel whenever there was nothing else on TV and I was pretty much guaranteed to be able to watch something interesting and informative. But now, every time I turn on that channel, Deadliest Catch is on. Oh my F*cking god. Its one thing if its just occasionally on, but no. Its on all the time. Before I even turn it to that that channel, I already know it'll be deadliest catch. And if it isn't then its Ice Road Truckers. I used to watch Deadliest Catch, but now that it is on 50% of the time on the Discovery Channel I want absolutely nothing to do with the f*cking show. Stop paying these crab fishermen for this show and invest in some new programming! :x

I still watch some of the other Discovery channels, like Discovery Science (quite a bit too, its still a decent channel), but still, the regular Discovery Channel should have something different.

Even TLC is nothing but home improvement shows. If I wanted that I'd watch the DIY channel. The two channels that used to be the most interesting and informative are now nothing like they used to be. I now watch the two history channels for documentaries, because I can't stand watching the commercials for Deadliest Catch when the Discovery Channel even has something good on.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Isn't Ice Road Truckers on the History Channel?... I haven't watched any of those channels in a while. I did try to watch National Geographic only to find out they had foreign music on & changed the channel soon after.

If I do run into either show it's usually a show I've already seen & change the channel.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

Reality TV has ruined everything. I can't watch Discovery or History anymore because of Ice Road Truckers and Deadliest Catch. I was thinking this same damn thing last night. I mean It's cool to play it once a week, or play re-runs during the day time when people are at work. But every fucking night at primetime? WTF. Those were the last two channels I use to watch on TV, now I have no reason too. Everytime I turn to TLC during this dilemma, I am greeted with some show about a white woman married to an Asian/French/Hawaiian guy. This isn't lifetime/bravo/We/E!, get that shit off the TV, Its THE LEARNING CHANNEL, I don't care if the woman has to take her kids to the doctor, everyone does that shit. I wan't to watch something about space, nature, or marvels of mandkind. Not what kind of plant goes out in your garden... This isn't HGN, its TLC motherfuckers.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

I wouldn't be surprised if they re-named TLC to "The Life Channel" soon. Just like Cartoon Network is more or less now "CN", with CN playing live action movies at least once a week I wouldn't be surprised if the channel was just known as "CN" in the near future with no mention of the word cartoon anymore. And Discovery channel should be renamed to the Crab Channel. F*cking Deadliest Catch was just on again. I swear to god.

Isn't Ice Road Truckers on the History Channel?... I haven't watched any of those channels in a while. I did try to watch National Geographic only to find out they had foreign music on & changed the channel soon after.

If I do run into either show it's usually a show I've already seen & change the channel.

yeah, you're right. I completely forgot Ice Road Truckers was History Channel. Just goes to show how every channel is getting f*cked by idiot's that keep changing their lineups.

Discovery Science and History International are still both decent. But I still see commercials for deadliest catch and ice road truckers on them. F*ck that!

Well, I have basic cable so sadly I don't have those channels. MTV started all this BS. How about instead of changing your channels programming to make a new channel showing the old programming style, you just make a new channel with the new shit no one wants to watch in the first place, and leave the original channel alone?

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

It's better then Law and Order or CSI. I've gotten so sick of their 4 hour block marathons that I've given up on watching TV all togeathor and just search the net or http://www.hulu.com/ (NBC Universal and News Corp's youtube killer for all of their shows and movies) for what I want.

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^

It's better then Law and Order or CSI. I've gotten so sick of their 4 hour block marathons that I've given up on watching TV all togeathor and just search the net or http://www.hulu.com/ (NBC Universal and News Corp's youtube killer for all of their shows and movies) for what I want.
If there was a complete official Anime version of Hulu I'd cancel my All In One then just get cable Internet back.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

Thank god for shark week. We shouldn't have to see Deadliest Catch until next Sunday.

Now that you mention those CSI shows, even tho I never watched them, I see them on the cable guide probably as frequently as Deadliest Catch. O_O

Myth busters was the one that tuned me off from the discovery channel. Even now during the Shark week, they are airing myth busters' test of a fake shark to bite a dead pig if their toy "shark" is the same as the real shark's bite. BORING.

Deadliest catch was one of the my favorite shows, until all they do is yell and bitch about how lack of crabs they catch.

yougorelena_slippers.jpg.c0d3609d8437d663780655f59789e591.jpg

If there was a complete official Anime version of Hulu I'd cancel my All In One then just get cable Internet back.

Japan's been toying with the idea of streaming their anime and letting people upload subs. Check out http://www.crunchyroll.com/ they offer low quality and a high def option to watch subbed anime. Sure it's not as good as downloading the episode on bittorrent or buying the DVDs, but at least it's a legal way to watch stuff without having to buy it lol.

sig.php

Japan's been toying with the idea of streaming their anime and letting people upload subs. Check out http://www.crunchyroll.com/ they offer low quality and a high def option to watch subbed anime. Sure it's not as good as downloading the episode on bittorrent or buying the DVDs, but at least it's a legal way to watch stuff without having to buy it lol.

Crunchyroll is by no means legal goku. Over half the stuff there is fansubbed, illegal content. They only have rights to show very few series.

Heh, I absolutely love Deadliest Catch and would give anything to watch even reruns of it (I don't have any form of TV in my apt). True it gets old but theres always the option of not watching TV if you're sick of whats on it. Believe me one can go without TV.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

Crunchyroll is by no means legal goku. Over half the stuff there is fansubbed, illegal content. They only have rights to show very few series.

Heh, I absolutely love Deadliest Catch and would give anything to watch even reruns of it (I don't have any form of TV in my apt). True it gets old but theres always the option of not watching TV if you're sick of whats on it. Believe me one can go without TV.

It's being treated legal by most Japanese company's now. Theres 3 or 4 currently uploading content also with links on their sites pointing to the crunchyroll account. So I call it more legal then veoh or youtube when it comes to watching anime :P.

sig.php

I've been noticing a lot of scheduled Deadliest Catch...does the Discovery Channel even feature other shows anymore?

I used to be able to watch the History Channel for hours on any given day. But it seems that now they play just as many reality shows as FOX with Ax Men, Ice Road Truckers, and Tougher in Alaska. If I want to watch a reality show, I'll tune into Bravo, thank you!

Even the shows that they feature which aren't reality shows aren't my cup of tea (Battle 360, The Works).

Then there are shows that CAN be interesting, but are over played such as: Modern Marvels, Mega Disasters, Monster Quest, and UFO Hunters.....

What happened to discussing...ummm....history?

I've stopped watching the history channel.

Mayor Quimby: I'll admit I used the city treasury to fund the murder of my enemies, but as Gabbo would say, I'm a bad wittle boy.

It's being treated legal by most Japanese company's now. Theres 3 or 4 currently uploading content also with links on their sites pointing to the crunchyroll account. So I call it more legal then veoh or youtube when it comes to watching anime :P.

Eh, I still wouldn't call it legal. Hell I still consider Crunchyroll to be rather shady as hell (even though I use it every once in a blue moon to watch something here and there). Pfft, this is where I ask who streams their anime. Streaming is for noobs with no BitTorrent.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

Deadliest Catch was a good show and it was interesting. But damn, its beyond played out... much like "Dirty Jobs" was. Every weekend was a Dirty Jobs marathon for the longest time. I've seen every episode of Dirty Jobs, but if I see it on the channel, I won't even bother watching it again.. just like Deadliest Catch. Its all incredibly boring now.

Then there are shows that CAN be interesting, but are over played such as: Modern Marvels, Mega Disasters, Monster Quest, and UFO Hunters.....

What happened to discussing...ummm....history?

I've stopped watching the history channel.

You have a good point. Those 4 shows are on all the time. Aside from Modern Marvels showing older technology sometimes or maybe mega disasters, these shows really have nothing at all to do with the history channel.

I like engineering an empire and ancient almanac Hist international and nat geo. HI had a thing about the real dragon emperor and the unification of China. cool shitz

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Sign in to follow this