Sign in to follow this  
Ladywriter

"You decide '08" aka pick the lesser of 2 evils you didn't want to begin with '08

But I call this Government sponsored Religion. If people want their kids to have a Christian education, they should fork over the money themselves and pay for Christian and Catholic education. And what about Muslim or Jewish educations, would they not get tax-credits too? It's a slippery slope to give tax-credits for religious schooling.

fuckin A right!

I don't want a single penny of my taxes going to schools that preach shit I don't believe in.

You want a god school pay for it your fuckin selves :flip:

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Yes but embryonic stem cell research is so expensive that if a University cannot afford to conduct it, the money needs to come from somewhere that can. Because public donations are already factored into said University's budget, and the State's education fund cannot possibly squeeze out the extra dough for this important scientific research, the money must come from the Feds. It's the only way to get the research off the ground in a timely manner. If the research was no so important to the American people (such as brain damaged people like my older brother) then this wouldn't be an issue.

Again, same as above. The money has to come from somewhere. The government by the people and for the people. The research is too important to NOT fund.

I think the funding can come from anywhere else. In the hands of politicians though it's just for bragging rights. I just say remove all spending that doesn't involve protecting our borders & people would have the option to help fund this themselves if they want the money used that way.

Well he just doesn't believe the Government should give aid abroad anyway. I don't care if it isn't in the Constitution. Again, different times call for a different way of looking at things. In 1789, we wouldn't have even thought of giving aid to a foreign country with tax payer money. But now that we can, why the hell not? Now I can see why we shouldn't give aid to foreign Governments. That's why I think that our foreign aid should go to foreign non-profits.

I don't think it's right to rob from the poor to give to the poorer. If you want to give your money to non-profits over seas that's mainly your business. We don't all have to join in on the same cause just because a percentage thinks it's right.

Different times from the early '90s. One cannot say that's it's a good or bad policy without having any knowledge of the attitudes about gays in the army itself. I know of a few isolated incidents of gays in the army (openly) and their peers had no problems with it. It was the superiors of their supervisors that had a problem with it. I think it's time to overturn this policy if it is indeed, a non-issue anymore (it should at least be reviewed closely). But I think "dishonorable discharge" for homosexuals is quite insulting when one considers the fact that when you get too fat to do your job in the army, you receive an "honorable discharge."

It will hopefully happen at some point where they can be open about it.

And the problem is that you can't convince every employee in a given workplace to unionize. In fact, there is such a stigma attached to unions, that in this day and age, you can't even convince a majority of the workforce to unionize. Different times.

This is mainly due to minimum wage. Fighting it leads to fighting Feds & that's what makes it so scarey. Someone dictates what's the littlest you can have from outside of your job & if you don't like it you can just be fired & easily replaced by someone who may want that small wage.

That is just fear mongering. Just because a group CAN have rights, does not mean that my rights are going to be dictating by said group. Individuals do have rights, but groups can have rights too. Take unions for example, the employees in the union are a collective group that that rights of their own, while also protecting the rights of the individual employee.

Groups are fine, but it's not like your individual rights should go out the window just because your a part of a group. If group rights are individual rights then just leave it as individuals rights. Individuals have the rights to groups; not groups have the rights to individuals.

Did he vote YES because of his beliefs or because it involved tax payer money. His gay and civil rights voting record is appalling (in my opinion). And this just seems like one more vote against gays in his already less than stellar voting record (when it comes to homosexual issues).

My main issue with this one is the use of the word BAN.

I think you would need more proof on whether or not Ron Paul is homophobic. Like "Voted NO on banning straight adoptions in DC."

NOT presenting scientific facts that support creationism involved using tax payers' money? We should present scientific facts that support creationism because it wouldn't be at the cost of tax payer money? I'm sorry I don't understand. I was under the impression that this was just ideological.

Creationism is a dead horse. It makes as much sense as proving gravity still works. I am however sorry I must've speed read through this one. Does he support it or was he asking them to present facts that do or posibly could? Either way Ron Paul wants to get rid of Public Schools.

But I call this Government sponsored Religion. If people want their kids to have a Christian education, they should fork over the money themselves and pay for Christian and Catholic education. And what about Muslim or Jewish educations, would they not get tax-credits too? It's a slippery slope to give tax-credits for religious schooling.

All a Tax Credit seems to do is remove the tax from paying for the school. It doesn't mean the parents aren't paying. You would have to show proof of where he voted NO for Jews, Muslims, or even Athiest if posible on this issue.

But these tax payers' are also can't afford to go to college. If a student cannot afford to go to college but CAN get it otherwise, I believe they should be awarded some Fed cash. Black and Hispanic college have so little public funding and small enrollment as it is, where are they supposed to get the grant money on their own? Surely SOMETHING can be done.

I can't afford to go to college either & I'm white. The Blacks do have UNCF. Also something about a Black or Hispanic College sounds like a form of segregation we don't need in this day & age. There should be no problem with anyone going to any college if they have the money.

That is why animal protection laws are on the State level. I am big on animal rights, and with a score such as 14%, I have no choice but to take issue with that. That means that there were measures FOR animals that he voted against.

I'm not going to criticise Ron Paul on this issue, because I eat meat. Chicken's rights go out the window for me on a daily basis.

I may get to the rest later but right now I don't have time to discuss anymore of the highlighted issues.

Edit: I just took a big dose of FUKITOL and realized that I don't care anymore. I just don't agree with Ron Paul on these issues because I'm not a strict "consitutionalist." Happy?????

^.~

No... I was having fun...

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

Obama Announces His New Energy Plan

Obama said his energy plan would include a "use it or lose it" approach to oil leases, requiring oil companies to develop the 68 million acres already under lease, or be forced to turn the leases over to another company. But he emphasized that more drilling won't affect the price of gas significantly, while continued addiction to foreign oil puts the country in peril from an economic, environmental, and national security perspective.

4real

new drilling is bullshit, a land grab that will do nothing at the pump now or 10 years from now.

Enough of the oil bullshit. Time for real change in energy sources and consumption.

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

just had to laugh

McCain's YouTube Problem Just Became a Nightmare

GEtZlR3zp4c

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

This lady is going to sink McCain. I cannot believe that her 17 year old daughter is pregnant and she is against sex ed in schools. It's total unfair for her to make a rape victim bear the child of their rapist. Abortion should be used for rape victims, incest victims or for medical reasons. Her idea of drilling here dosn''t solve are fuel issue, and it adds to the destruction of our enviorment. We need to continue to find alternatives to oil. Cleaner burning and energy efficent methods to power our cars. I can't stand this woman.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Well, Toutousai...don't you think it's a pity for Tessaiga? All Inuyasha can do is wave about a sword with all his strength...it's the same whether it's a famous sword or a log."

-Sesshoumaru

no..........did u? I wanna seeeeeeeeeeeeeeee it! X'D

No. I should huh..LOL

Oh crap..I just double posted. Sorry

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Well, Toutousai...don't you think it's a pity for Tessaiga? All Inuyasha can do is wave about a sword with all his strength...it's the same whether it's a famous sword or a log."

-Sesshoumaru

Personally I think the republicans are gonna eat that shit up about her daughter having a kid and KEEPING IT and PLANNING TO GET MARRIED TO THE BABY"S DADDY.

Though, as a republican I have mixed feelings about what she supports but at the same time I think she handles herself well.

As for Obama, I'm sick of all the Obama shit everywhere on TV, in news papers, and Magazines. The guy sucks as a potential president but is great as a person and thats whats causing people to like him. Almost all of his points include the words "I am change" or "We need change". He uses words people want to hear but guess what, he's a politician thus a liar.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like Mccain or Obama since they both support Real ID so I'm writing Ron Paul in when it comes time to vote :P.

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^

bitch calls the ariel hunting of wolves for sport "safari" she's anti-environment and thus can fuck off.

she's in big oil's back pocket. fuck off and die bitch.

as far as her knocked up kid goes, prego teen=ignorant skank. Where the fuck was mom's guidance? hmmm guess there was none. So if McSame were to drop dead in office we get the bitch that can't even keep her own family out of trouble....

no no no

picking her was just a ploy to take the Clinton female voters from Obama and big suprise its working.

the dems made a big mistake by not vp~ing Hillary. 18 million votes ae now split between dem/rep and Ron Paul. Some ppl will vote rep just to be bastards cuz they're pissed. Don't blame them. Because of in party fighting the dems have given up what could have been an easy sweeping victory in November and I just can't feel sorry for them. If they lose its their own godamn ignorant petty ass bullshit fault.

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

If they lose its their own godamn ignorant petty ass bullshit fault.

Same can be said about the Hillary campaign. Sorry, I couldn't resist...But seriously, just because she came in second does not mean she deserves the vp nomination. Just like how Obama does not deserve votes from Hillary supporters just because he's a Democrat.

Palin is just a ploy to grab the angry Hillary voters and at the same time, pander to the fundies. Bleh. It's sad but she is energizing the Republican base. I thought the either party was more intelligent than to fall for this bull. Sad bit number two, where I live, a ton of Hillary chicks are leaning toward McCain because of this Palin pick.

Count me in for a write in...only I'm writing in Nader.

Mayor Quimby: I'll admit I used the city treasury to fund the murder of my enemies, but as Gabbo would say, I'm a bad wittle boy.

A long-time Wasilla resident who has known Palin for 16 years shares her own views on the Vice Presidential candidate. The Sarah Palin I Know

8 More Stories About Palin the Public Needs to Know

A Telling Palin Scandal: Her Environmental Record

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Same can be said about the Hillary campaign. Sorry, I couldn't resist...But seriously, just because she came in second does not mean she deserves the vp nomination. Just like how Obama does not deserve votes from Hillary supporters just because he's a Democrat.

Palin is just a ploy to grab the angry Hillary voters and at the same time, pander to the fundies. Bleh. It's sad but she is energizing the Republican base. I thought the either party was more intelligent than to fall for this bull. Sad bit number two, where I live, a ton of Hillary chicks are leaning toward McCain because of this Palin pick.

Count me in for a write in...only I'm writing in Nader.

Is it ok if I blame MSM if I wanted Mike Gravel as the Democratic nominee? Not saying it's not Hillary's or Obaba's fault. Just curious on Mike Gravel.

Too many voters have had too many beers...

As for Nader... Didn't he get the Independant Nomination again? Seems like the Green Party doesn't want him back.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

voters are boned this time around

Mc Cain will be an older version of the Bushes, Palin is a fucking cunt I wouldn't want judging a dog show let alone becoming prez if/when the old bastard strokes out in the oval office.

I don't have any faith in the dem party either. A world tour vacation doesn't mean you have the skills neeeded to deal with forien policy. The dems shoulda played it smart and consolidated all the votes on an Obama Hillary ticket. I've paused several times and wondered if they even really want to win or if this whole election has become a dog and pony show fronted by big (oil) business.

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

All I hear out of Obama's mouth is Iraq bla bla bla CHANGE! Oil bla bla bla CHANGE! McCain is not CHANGE, I AM CHANGE!! McCain bla bla Bad, Me bla bla CHANGE!

I cant wait till this is all over so he shuts the hell up about CHANGE.

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^

The following are just my views:

I agree with a few things she said. Teaching creationism and evolutionism should be done. It is a great debate.

Just remember how people used to believe that the sun revolved around the Earth for hundreds of years (since the time of Aristotle). Then Galileo suggested that the Earth actually does the revolving. He was imprisoned under house arrest for the rest of his life, but he was right. Though it was not scientifically proven for a long time.

I'm not saying the creationism is right or evolution. No one knows, that is why it is a great debate for schools.

As to giving teenagers information in sex, many schools take it too far. They give kids condoms and birth control pills. They should give information on sex and all the consequences that go along with it. They should not think that kids are going to have sex so lets just give them protection.

I agree partially with her ideas on abortion. I am pro-life, always will be and no one can change my mind on that. Life begins at conception! The woman had the choice to have sex (most of the time unprotected). That is her choice!!!! She does not have the right to kill an innocent child no matter how old it is!

The only time I will ever agree with abortion is if a person is raped or the life of the mother is in danger with childbirth. Otherwise, have the child and then give it up for adoption. There are numerous people who want a child who for many reasons can not have their own. They will willingly pay for all the medical bills to have the unwanted child. (My aunt and uncle have done this twice). Give the poor unborn child a chance at life.

It is because of this debate that I will not vote for Obama for anything.

Once again these are my views and ideals. Anyone can say what they want but my views will not change!:P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The following are just my views:

I agree with a few things she said. Teaching creationism and evolutionism should be done. It is a great debate.

Just remember how people used to believe that the sun revolved around the Earth for hundreds of years (since the time of Aristotle). Then Galileo suggested that the Earth actually does the revolving. He was imprisoned under house arrest for the rest of his life, but he was right. Though it was not scientifically proven for a long time.

I'm not saying the creationism is right or evolution. No one knows, that is why it is a great debate for schools.

If you keep up with why Evolution has become the only answer it's because they found sets of bones that dated back from different periods of time with each set looking more human & less ape as they went on to younger sets of bones.

If you keep up with why Evolution has become the only answer it's because they found sets of bones that dated back from different periods of time with each set looking more human & less ape as they went on to younger sets of bones.

But then you also have to think about what time means to God. One million years in our time could be just one minute to the creator. Like all good artists he re-does his work many times to get it perfect. Think of it as an evolution of the ultimate artist. Once again, this will be an on going debate through time because no one knows how the World was created. So there is no one answer, religion has as many answers as science and no one is right and no one is wrong. And unless you know someone who is 4.6 billion years old there will never be one right answer.

And by the way, I believe strongly in God and science. Both create mistakes and both create paradises...:happy:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

But then you also have to think about what time means to God. One million years in our time could be just one minute to the creator. Like all good artists he re-does his work many times to get it perfect. Think of it as an evolution of the ultimate artist. Once again, this will be an on going debate through time because no one knows how the World was created. So there is no one answer, religion has as many answers as science and no one is right and no one is wrong. And unless you know someone who is 4.6 billion years old there will never be one right answer.

And by the way, I believe strongly in God and science. Both create mistakes and both create paradises...:happy:

My point being you can't deny that Evolution has happened when you have physical proof it did.

Creationism on the other hand is one of many different stories told through religion about where man comes from. None of which have ever been scientifically proven.

Off Topic:

not to burst a bubble here but science does know how planets are formed including this one n ya don't need to be 4 billion years old to google an answer to that question :P

I am not pro life I am pro choice. I don't think its the state or federal govts business wtf any woman has or doesn't have going on in her basement.

If christian creationisim is taught in school then the creation story of ALL religions must also be taught. That takes up too much time. Stick to the science and save theology for college when the kids can actually understand it. Seperation of church and state.

back on topic

EQobIUE1zTU

In all honesty if it looks like McSame and Cunt are gonna win I'll throw Ron Paul overboard and vote for Obama. I don't want this bitch in a position to run this country.

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Sarah Palin Earns Prestigious Rubber Dodo Award

The second annual Rubber Dodo Award goes to... Sarah Palin. The Center for Biological Diversity honored her with the 2008 award for her valiant efforts to protect her state's oil industry -- sacrificing the well-being of our earth, our climate, the polar bear, and numerous other warming-threatened species in the process. Starting in 2006, Palin worked hard to block the government from protecting the polar bear under the Endangered Species Act -- and when the bear was declared "threatened" anyway, she sued, joined shortly thereafter by her oil-industry friends. According to the Center's executive director Kierán Suckling, Palin's lawsuit will put her in the history books as perhaps the only person ever to have accused the Bush administration of excessive use of the Endangered Species Act.

The Center's Rubber Dodo Award is reserved every year for the person in public or private service whom we feel has done the most to contribute to endangered species' extinction. Last year, we gave the award to Interior Secretary Dirk Kempthorne.

Check out our press release and learn more from the Guardian:

http://www.biologicaldiversity.org/news/press_releases/2008/palin-09-17-2008.html

http://www.biologicaldiversity.org/news/center/articles/2008/guardian-09-17-2008.html

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Thanks to the unprecedented support of more than 14,000 wildlife

supporters, millions of voters in key swing states are learning more

about vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin's values -- and

her brutal record on aerial hunting of wolves and other wildlife.

Encourage your friends to watch the ad online and help us reach

even more people with the awful truth about Governor Sarah

Palin's brutal record aerial wolf hunting.

http://action.defenders.org/site/R?i=Tb_4HDOULSgU9kg2czlWIQ..

With your help, we're breaking this story wide open.

This hard-hitting TV ad has already been seen by nearly 300,000 people

online. It's been covered by many news outlets, including CNN,

ABC, MSNBC, The Wall Street Journal, The LA Times, several Ohio

newspapers and more. And thanks to the generous donations of people

like you, millions of people in Ohio and Florida know the truth about

Governor Palin's brutal record.

Now, thanks to the phenomenal support of wildlife supporters like you,

we'll be able to extend our ad buy in Ohio and Florida, air it

in Michigan -- and beyond.

If you haven't already, please consider donating now to help put this

ad in front of even more potential voters.

http://action.defenders.org/site/R?i=Z04ElQSgZzTBPVbktnAOAg..

The more voters learn about Governor Sarah Palin, the less there is to

like. But as you can imagine, running a TV ad during election season

is expensive.

There are still millions of potential voters across the U.S. who

haven't learned the truth about Governor Palin's brutal

aerial hunting program -- millions who don't yet know about her

proposal to dole out $150 for the severed forelegs of dead wolves.

Help us expose the awful truth about Sarah Palin before it's too

late. Tell others about Governor Sarah Palin's record on the

brutal and unethical hunting of wolves from airplanes.

http://action.defenders.org/site/R?i=AV73yUIqmN8FJlYwHs6ppA..

With your help, we can ensure that voters know the truth about Sarah

Palin.

With Gratitude,

Rodger Schlickeisen

President

Defenders of Wildlife Action Fund

P.S. Right now, my team is preparing another powerful TV ad to air in

key swing states. To help us reach more voters with the ad above and

place our new ad, please make a secure online contribution today.

http://action.defenders.org/site/R?i=a1fJst-VjZQo5iUbbidBww..

Or call 1-800-425-4632 to contribute by phone.

Paid for by Defenders of Wildlife Action Fund at

http://action.defenders.org/site/R?i=pebn6tKb83tUkb_UaI2q7Q.. and not authorized by any

candidate or candidate's committee.

Copyright 2008 Defenders of Wildlife Action Fund

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Sign in to follow this