Sign in to follow this  
Ladywriter

Protections restored for N. Rockies wolves

Nice job everyone who participated in the online campaigns! We the people can lobby govt for change!:happy:

article

BILLINGS, Mont. - A federal judge has restored endangered species protections for gray wolves in the Northern Rockies, derailing plans by three states to hold public wolf hunts this fall. U.S. District Judge Donald Molloy granted a preliminary injunction late Friday restoring the protections for the wolves in Montana, Wyoming and Idaho. Molloy will eventually decide whether the injunction should be permanent.

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

That's great news! Ever since Yellowstone was established, the friggen wolf population has dwindled. Damn irresponsible hunters!

I am personally against hunting but gawd, if you must hunt, do it responsibly!

Mayor Quimby: I'll admit I used the city treasury to fund the murder of my enemies, but as Gabbo would say, I'm a bad wittle boy.

I'm one of those 'if yer gonna kill it eat it' ppl too

Predators are necessary for a balanced ecosystem >.<

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

The wolves were hunted because they killed and scarred off live stock. Farmers wanted revenge so decided to hunt the wolves to endangerment. Thankful they are no longer endangered. The farmers killed off all of the wolves' natural food so the wolves had to go after something.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In Yellowstone they over hunted wolves, the bison overpopulated and began to starve to death. They reintroduced packs to the park and nature balanced itself out.

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Sign in to follow this