Sign in to follow this  
gokuDX7

Dad of 3 branded 'pervert' for photographing his own kids

When Gary Crutchley started taking pictures of his children playing on an inflatable slide he thought they would be happy reminders of a family day out.

But the innocent snaps of seven-year-old Cory, and Miles, five, led to him being called a ‘pervert’.

The woman running the slide at Wolverhampton Show asked him what he was doing and other families waiting in the queue demanded that he stop.

article-1035315-01F4E21000000578-18_468x396.jpg Picture of innocence: The photograph Gary Crutchley took of his sons Cory and Miles

One even accused him of photographing youngsters to put the pictures on the internet.

Mr Crutchley, 39, who had taken pictures only of his own children, was so enraged that he found two policemen who confirmed he had done nothing wrong.

Yesterday he said: ‘What is the world coming to when anybody seen with a camera is assumed to be doing things that they should not?

‘This parental paranoia is getting completely out of hand. I was so shocked. One of the police officers told me that it was just the way society is these days. He agreed with me that it was madness.’

Father-of-three Mr Crutchley, a consultant for a rubber manufacturer from Walsall, West Midlands, was with his wife Tracey and their sons when the pleasant Sunday afternoon out turned sour.

He said: ‘The children wanted to go on an inflatable slide and I started taking photos of them having a good time. Moments later the woman running the slide told me to stop.

‘When I asked why, she told me I could not take pictures of other people’s children. I explained I was only interested in taking photos of my own children and pointed out that this was taking place in a public park.

‘I showed her the photos I had taken to prove my point. Then another woman joined in and said her child was also on the slide and did not want me taking pictures of the youngster....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1035315/Father-branded-pervert--photographing-children-public-park.html

ROFL, what is the world coming to. Parents are really getting overprotective of their kids, its nuts.

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^

bunch of paranoid shit

he's got the right to take pics of his kids but if other parents say not my kid then he should comply.

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

I get really iffy when people in the park or mall are taking pics of their kids near my daughter. Only because you never know who are taking the pics and what they are doing with them. Once a pic is on the internet it is there for good and you have no idea who is looking at them. With so many child molesters and sex crimes going on, you can't blame a parent for being over protective. However, this lady here took it too far.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Well, Toutousai...don't you think it's a pity for Tessaiga? All Inuyasha can do is wave about a sword with all his strength...it's the same whether it's a famous sword or a log."

-Sesshoumaru

I get really iffy when people in the park or mall are taking pics of their kids near my daughter. Only because you never know who are taking the pics and what they are doing with them. Once a pic is on the internet it is there for good and you have no idea who is looking at them. With so many child molesters and sex crimes going on, you can't blame a parent for being over protective. However, this lady here took it too far.

lol sorry if I seem insensitive but how is a pic of kids in their clothes having a fun time going down a slide gonna turn on a person let alone a pedo? Correct me if I'm wrong but don't most sickos go after nude or sexily suggestive photos (Like a kid making a sexy pose)? I just don't see how photos like the ones the guy was taking could be used for anything other then viewing kids having a fun day at the park.

In anycase I feel parents are listening to the TV and radio way to much. Not everyone at the park is plotting to take photos of your kids to post on the Internet, and the chance of one actually being there taking photos is very rare unless you live in a large city known for having pedos, in which case you probably wouldn't even notice their hidden pedo cam lol.

Edited by gokuDX7
Spelling grammar

sig.php

lol sorry if I seem insensitive but how is a pic of kids in their clothes having a fun time going down a slide gonna turn on a person let alone a pedo? Correctly if I'm wrong but don't most sickos go after nude or sexily suggestive photos (Like a kid making a sexy pose)? I just don't see how photos like the ones the guy was taking could be used for anything other then viewing kids having a fun day at the park.

In anycase I feel parents are listening to the TV and radio way to much. Not everyone at the park is plotting to take photos of your kids to post on the Internet, and the chance of one actually being there taking photos is very rare unless you live in a large city known for having pedos, in which case you probably wouldn't even notice their hidden pedo cam lol.

Ok so I am one of those over paranoid parents. Anyone can use ANY image for what ever. Not all Pedos jack off to naked kid photos and you can never be too careful. People can steal your kids out of the damn supermarket. There was a lady buying fruit in a grocery store her in phoenix a few months back. She had her kid in a cart. She wasn't that far from cart and someone took her basket and walked right out of the store with that child.

ON THE FLIP SIDE:

When I was 7 I was cornered by police at a Pumpkin Patch because I looked exactly like a missing child in California. I was missing the same teeth as her, at the time. The police grabbed me from my mother and questioned me about my name, age, birthdate, hopital I was born at, my parents name ect.. I was fucking 7! I didn't know half that info. I was scared because the police pulled my mother a side despite her cries, and were getting ready to use force on her cause she was freaking out. (Though if it happened today, Id let them rough up the bitch). Almost 20 years later, the smell of hay and fair grounds remind me of that shit. Why did they do this? Some paranoid lady called the police and reported me as the missing girl. She saw me at a distance.

So yes, you could call me paranoid and over protective. Though my daughter's dad, I swear, is going to be twice as paranoid as Hulk Hogan is with Brooke.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Well, Toutousai...don't you think it's a pity for Tessaiga? All Inuyasha can do is wave about a sword with all his strength...it's the same whether it's a famous sword or a log."

-Sesshoumaru

....ok... but.... how is your child's picture on the internet going to affect your child..?

i still dont get it. if some dude is looking at a picture of your kid, how is that putting your kid in harms way O_O with your speculation on people, and the "sickos" out there, the guy could easily pick up a K-Mart clothing magazine and get the same effect....

now im not saying you shouldnt be protective, but come on. thats a little over the top. thats like yelling at a store to turn off the security camera because some sicko in the back room might look at your kid on camera. seriously.

radicalcabbitbannercopy.jpg

....ok... but.... how is your child's picture on the internet going to affect your child..?

i still dont get it. if some dude is looking at a picture of your kid, how is that putting your kid in harms way O_O with your speculation on people, and the "sickos" out there, the guy could easily pick up a K-Mart clothing magazine and get the same effect....

now im not saying you shouldnt be protective, but come on. thats a little over the top. thats like yelling at a store to turn off the security camera because some sicko in the back room might look at your kid on camera. seriously.

I didn't think of security cams. Though we are on cams 24/7 several times a day. So, yeah..this lady was over the top.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

-Sesshoumaru

ON THE FLIP SIDE:

When I was 7 I was cornered by police at a Pumpkin Patch because I looked exactly like a missing child in California. I was missing the same teeth as her, at the time. The police grabbed me from my mother and questioned me about my name, age, birthdate, hopital I was born at, my parents name ect.. I was fucking 7! I didn't know half that info. I was scared because the police pulled my mother a side despite her cries, and were getting ready to use force on her cause she was freaking out. (Though if it happened today, Id let them rough up the bitch). Almost 20 years later, the smell of hay and fair grounds remind me of that shit. Why did they do this? Some paranoid lady called the police and reported me as the missing girl. She saw me at a distance.

So yes, you could call me paranoid and over protective. Though my daughter's dad, I swear, is going to be twice as paranoid as Hulk Hogan is with Brooke.

See dramatic things like that end up resulting in overprotective parents. Projecting your fears onto your kids is also a bad thing. It will result in them doing the same thing to their kids in a more serious way because thats how they where brought up.

Don't get me wrong, people should definitely keep a closer eye on their kids and teach them whats right and wrong and who to talk to and who not too but over reacting to people taking pictures in a public place or talking to kids that are not yours is just wrong and labeling them a pervert is even worse.

sig.php

See dramatic things like that end up resulting in overprotective parents. Projecting your fears onto your kids is also a bad thing. It will result in them doing the same thing to their kids in a more serious way because thats how they where brought up.

Don't get me wrong, people should definitely keep a closer eye on their kids and teach them whats right and wrong and who to talk to and who not too but over reacting to people taking pictures in a public place or talking to kids that are not yours is just wrong and labeling them a pervert is even worse.

Ok I agree with that. My daughter will interact with other children, but when it comes to adults she won' talk to them unless I do. Otherwise she leans over and says "mommy..he's a stranger and you shouldn't talk to strangers". It's cute, but at least she knows not to talk to strangers.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

-Sesshoumaru

I was at the beach recently, clicked snaps of the beach and obviously there're people in the snap also, it's unavoidable unless you want to click the sky. Would mothers/ fathers/ parents feel offended?

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Ok I agree with that. My daughter will interact with other children, but when it comes to adults she won' talk to them unless I do. Otherwise she leans over and says "mommy..he's a stranger and you shouldn't talk to strangers". It's cute, but at least she knows not to talk to strangers.

Just for clarification, this comment I made

over reacting to people taking pictures in a public place or talking to kids that are not yours is just wrong and labeling them a pervert is even worse.
Was referring to, say, your husband is talking to your daughter alone in a park and people see and think he's a predictor and start giving him shit or dirty eyes. This seems to happen a lot now a days. Makes we scared to even help a kid crying in the mall or in a public place now.

But ya your daughter sounds like she understands who to talk to and who not too.

sig.php

Just for clarification, this comment I made

Was referring to, say, your husband is talking to your daughter alone in a park and people see and think he's a predictor and start giving him shit or dirty eyes. This seems to happen a lot now a days. Makes we scared to even help a kid crying in the mall or in a public place now.

But ya your daughter sounds like she understands who to talk to and who not too.

OMG! This is very true. My daughter looks like me, and not my husband (my ex is the my daughter's dad) people do give him odd looks if I am not there. Or they give me the whole 'oh, that's not the baby daddy, your a cheating skank' glare. People are quick to judge and assume. I'm naturally a little paranoid with my daughter (I know I got an issue..) and watching too much TV I swear has just made it worse. Just watching the news freaks me the hell out. So much craziness out there.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

-Sesshoumaru