Sign in to follow this  
Myk JL

Blah Blah *split thread*

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/07/14/final-fantasy-xiii-coming-to-xbox-360/

Wow, that was a bit unpredictable. I'm not joking either, I didn't see that coming at all. The funny thing is It's still an exclusive PS3 title only in Japan though haha. Us US people are lucky it seems.

Who in Japan would've bought it for the 360?

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

Who in Japan would've bought it for the 360?

Not everyone in Japan loves the PS3 Myk, thinking that makes you rather ignorant. I'm sure there are quite a few people over there who would (especially since quite a few of the newer RPG's coming out will be 360 exclusives).

On topic, this is rather good news for me. I was originally going to buy a PS3 for this but if it's coming out on the 360 now I'll save myself a pretty penny and can use that money for other things I need to buy and bills I need to pay.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

Not everyone in Japan loves the PS3 Myk, thinking that makes you rather ignorant. I'm sure there are quite a few people over there who would (especially since quite a few of the newer RPG's coming out will be 360 exclusives).
I wasn't under the impression that everyone in Japan loves PS3. I was under the impression that almost everyone in Japan hates Xbox 360. Xbox 360 is still under a million sold their. Also Wii gets more love in Japan than PS3.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

Yeah the 360 market in Japan is pretty abysmal. There is a huge gap between American Gaming and Japanese gaming in many aspects. The 360 just isn't appealing to them in what it has to offer. It really wouldn't be worth producing it if they weren't even going to sell a million copies.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

360 is doing bad in Japan because Microsoft didn't advertise the system enough and the advertising they did do wasn't your typical Japaneses ads. So of course the system is gonna do bad. It really has nothing to do with gaming or the people's gaming habits.

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^

I wasn't under the impression that everyone in Japan loves PS3. I was under the impression that almost everyone in Japan hates Xbox 360. Xbox 360 is still under a million sold their. Also Wii gets more love in Japan than PS3.

Doesn't matter, a blanket statement like that leads a lot to be misunderstood by others reading your post because remember not everyone here is a game fanatic like some of us (for those who didn't know). So what, 360 market is still there so I'm sure those who own it will by it for it unless they are willing to shell out money for the PS3.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

360 is doing bad in Japan because Microsoft didn't advertise the system enough and the advertising they did do wasn't your typical Japaneses ads. So of course the system is gonna do bad. It really has nothing to do with gaming or the people's gaming habits.

It has everything to do with the peoples gaming habits. The PSP is the number one selling console in Japan right now. It outsells even the Wii. The market is different because of tastes and difference in culture. Like I said its American gaming, American advertisement. The original Xbox did horrid in Japan, and now the 360. If it really was the advertisement, you'd think they would have learned from the last console. Japan isn't into sports games or FPS for the most part. They're big on puzzle games, RPGs, and some really weird stuff O_O. Likewise, there are many games that we do not see over here for Wii and PS3 because they wouldn't sell in the US, there is just no appeal. Its not like we've never seen Japanese consoles that failed in the US.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

Doesn't matter, a blanket statement like that leads a lot to be misunderstood by others reading your post because remember not everyone here is a game fanatic like some of us (for those who didn't know). So what, 360 market is still there so I'm sure those who own it will by it for it unless they are willing to shell out money for the PS3.
As if somehow someone Japanese will be offended by my statement? I check the console charts on almost a weekly basis.

In Japan

1. DS over 23M
  2. PSP over 9M
  3. Wii over 6M
  4. PS3 over 2M
  5. 360... 0.63M AKA less than a Million.

It's just simple hard fact. I'm not going to sugar coat it with phrases like "Oh if only Des Blood was on <insert fave console here> my <insert fave console here> would sell like hot cakes.

If anything in most cases I just stick with World Sales. Meaning Xbox 360 is either in 2nd or 4th depending on your view of HandHelds.

Getting mad over the fact is kind of silly. Japan is just a region of gaming. And pointing at it is like pointing at a 3rd World Country that never tortures when viewing everything from the big picture.

Maybe 360 would sell a little more with FF13 came to it, but not by much as PS3 probably has even more of the games Japanese crave along with FF13.