Sign in to follow this  
DeathscytheX

PS3: Massive Action Game, 256 player battles.

http://kotaku.com/5025532/ps3-massive-action-game-announced-promises-battles-up-to-256-players

Sony saved the final announcement of its E3 keynote for a concept using the placehold title of "MAG: Massive Action Game," Unveiled by Andy Beaudoin from Zipper Interactive, MAG — whose trailer looked like "SOCOM set 15 years into the future," according to our eyes on the scene, will immerse players in large online battles of up to 256 players. The trailer featured multiple terrain types, complex tactics, and sounds very much like a SOCOM MMO at this stage.

Character growth will be accomplished through an advancement tree, which allows players to fine tune their players throughout massive campaigns. "MAG will deliver an intense and long lasting shooter experience," said Beaudoin, who also described the game as "a workout even for the PS3 architecture."

It sounds like Battlefield 2 on some serious Steroids.

h4nxx4nPXEE

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

I highly doubt that. It seems to be a first party developed game. Even if that's not the case, as with MGS4, the 360 will not have the capacity to run the game, disc-wise, nor processing wise. This is pretty much the tactic sony is going to have to use to keep its exclusives. Games too large to port to competitors. Even with 360's new ability to burn to HD, it will be very impractical. It would take around 5-7 360 discs to fill up one PS3 blu-ray disc.

You might see it on the PC though, pending on the developer. It sounds so similar to Battlefield 2 it could be EA/Dice.

Edit: Nope its Zipper Interactive. 1st Party. No chance of being anywhere but PS3.

hello lag, I <3 you! The game looks amazing and the idea is super for a console. I hope Sony has the servers to manage this all figured out because games like SOCOM used to attracted noobs on slow connection speeds that would make the game horrible.

Edited by gokuDX7
spelling

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^

Indeed, They will have to fine tune PSN as it is because even the new shop is pretty sluggish. I doubt Quore is going to bring in enough money to keep running the network for free at a respectable pace. They might as well make a premium service.

i fould PSN to be unreliable with GTA4, constant disconnects

i agree with your points DX, i guess sony will have to rely on games reaching the potential of the ps3

people generally se xb360 being better online, psn really needs to up the ante on it

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

Well the GTA thing is actually a glitch for the game only. I guess it has yet to be resolved.

I've never been disconnected on XBL random, its probably your actual internet connection.

I agree, My friend used to get disconnected a lot and then one day when I was browsing the Internet on the computer I noticed he had Limewire running none stop wile he was playing an online game. I shut it off and he never encountered a disconnect or lag again. Apparently Limewire was causing a lot of latency and since his router doesnt have a Quality of Service (QoS) feature it was causing Xbox to lose packets and cause him to get disconnected or lag-out.

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^